Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: This is a piggyback post... Besides the stereotypical "man stuff," like chang...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

This is a piggyback post...

Besides the stereotypical "man stuff," like changing a flat tire, fixing a toilet, and carrying heavy things for us, how else can we show we need you? Of course I can open doors for myself, but I like when a guy does it. I can pay for myself, but it's nicer when a guy does it. I can bring my own jacket, but it's sweet when a guy offers his. I think, though, women are so used to doing things on our own that we need to think, "Wait, let him do this FOR me." With opening doors, even total strangers seem to do that down here, so that's more commonplace, but with other things, we actually need to stop and think. Just wondering...

--hide--

We all need love in our life.... Here is some a nice song for us this most Holy time of year. There is so much we all want and wish for. All can be found in Jesus. He is Love and we all need love. It's just how do we show it to others and especially how do we do it in a dating friendship way.

Times have changed and we can get confused as to how we can be that nice Catholic girl without feeling too needy.

God Bless... Enjoy if you like this song wink Kathleen www.youtube.com

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: I did initially hesitate for that very reason. I was counting on your (and CM officials') sense...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

I did initially hesitate for that very reason. I was counting on your (and CM officials') sense of humor.

--hide--

laughing I work with high schoolers. If I didn't have a sense of humor all of my life, then I would've picked another profession. laughing

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Jacob-203775 said: Maybe Women should just be Real Good Women, stop trying to be Men. Be more kind, gentle, joyful, full of...
(Quote) Jacob-203775 said: Maybe Women should just be Real Good Women, stop trying to be Men. Be more kind, gentle, joyful, full of peace,and accepting of others. Try not judging others To quickly, especially the Men, we are wired Differently and will often make communication mistakes Just because we communicate differently, we need time to figure out How to act, communicate and respond with a woman ( women). We will often make mistakes without knowing it, we need to be forgiven Often, and be told so. Good men want good women to respond, not turn and run And expect men to chase. If a good women is really a Good women she will respond To any possible Good man properly, by at least making a response! Men also need to step up, be Bold, courageous, be like Christ, Willing to die if need be for an other. Be what Good women want! For both men and women, stop being selfish and full of pride Be loving, self- giving in a humble way! God bless you all. Jacob
--hide--

I'd like to add just a bit to Jacob's excellent advice:

I believe God made men and women very different from each other for His purposes. We do not need to be forgiven for being men, we need to be understood, as we need to strive to understand you women. We men must never judge you by comparing you to men, and you women must never judge us by comparing us to women. We are not the same; men and women have both fallen prey to this lie by the Father of Lies. Allow us to be men: strong and brave leaders, protectors, providers, fathers and dads, husbands. We especially need you women to temper our excesses: keep our strength from turning to domination, our bravery to recklessness, our protective instinct to oppression. At the risk of my own man-card (thank you, Carl, for the example), we need you to round off our rough edges, direct our strengths in Godly ways....to civilize us, but not to weaken us. We will love, provide for and protect you and our children with all that we have. And both men and women need to be honest, forthright and transparent with each other.

Dec 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Joseph-841276 said: Might be hard to these days. Some ladies find it insulting to hold the door open for them. (post feminist cult...
(Quote) Joseph-841276 said:

Might be hard to these days. Some ladies find it insulting to hold the door open for them. (post feminist culture)

--hide--

I think this is one of those many things that can get talked about by the couple. The man could bring it up by saying he likes to open doors for her, but he understands it is not a typical norm these days and does not want to offend her...and on from there. The woman could bring it up by saying she really likes when a man opens doors for her. Is that something he typically does or is willing to do?

Or if the opposite is true, they could start by saying they are not comfortable doing it....etc. It takes all the awkwardness out that can arise at the time if nothing is discussed beforehand.

Kathleen
Dec 26th 2012 new

My comment for now is that you can educate your sisters when man is nice to a woman and yet she snaps back.

For example, I often say "Miss" or "Lady" and I get a smirk or tongue-lash of cat tails with another Miss near. Sometimes I have a comeback...in any cause it would be nice for the other Miss to educate her sister right there for me to witness.

I have opened doors for women and the same thing happens. Also, I have offered my coat to the new lady to the group when we arrive at the tailgate or game or wait in a long line...she obviously did not dress for the weather. I offer my jacket and she reacts like I am asking for her to undress or something. I would like for a woman in the group to persuade her to take the jacket. As a past boyfriend, it would be insulting to the man with the jacket for me to then offer my jacket to the "cold" woman even if she had icicles forming on her nose.

For my cave-man mind..if the woman wants me to play a role...then I can become aware of that role if she starts playing her role first. Okay, if the gal gets to the door first, she can step aside and act like she is waiting for something. If she feels he will not open the car door, then she can mention how fun it was to paint her nails for the date. If she knows he will park far from the entrance so there is a less chance for digs to his car, she can mention how fun it is as a woman to wear heels.

If the students are ready, then the teacher will appear. If the woman appears, then the man. If he does do this little things for you without your..umm.encouragement, then curtsy or something...giggle...or give him a fun tap on the arm. Its silly, but it works.

I like that Star Trek episode when Sarek introduces his wife. That quote is great sense of respect for his wife.

Dec 26th 2012 new
(Quote) William-848056 said: My comment for now is that you can educate your sisters when man is nice to a woman and yet she snaps back.
(Quote) William-848056 said:

My comment for now is that you can educate your sisters when man is nice to a woman and yet she snaps back.

For example, I often say "Miss" or "Lady" and I get a smirk or tongue-lash of cat tails with another Miss near. Sometimes I have a comeback...in any cause it would be nice for the other Miss to educate her sister right there for me to witness.

I have opened doors for women and the same thing happens. Also, I have offered my coat to the new lady to the group when we arrive at the tailgate or game or wait in a long line...she obviously did not dress for the weather. I offer my jacket and she reacts like I am asking for her to undress or something. I would like for a woman in the group to persuade her to take the jacket. As a past boyfriend, it would be insulting to the man with the jacket for me to then offer my jacket to the "cold" woman even if she had icicles forming on her nose.

For my cave-man mind..if the woman wants me to play a role...then I can become aware of that role if she starts playing her role first. Okay, if the gal gets to the door first, she can step aside and act like she is waiting for something. If she feels he will not open the car door, then she can mention how fun it was to paint her nails for the date. If she knows he will park far from the entrance so there is a less chance for digs to his car, she can mention how fun it is as a woman to wear heels.

If the students are ready, then the teacher will appear. If the woman appears, then the man. If he does do this little things for you without your..umm.encouragement, then curtsy or something...giggle...or give him a fun tap on the arm. Its silly, but it works.

I like that Star Trek episode when Sarek introduces his wife. That quote is great sense of respect for his wife.

--hide--

It sounds like this woman is not playing the role of a woman who likes and respects your gestures. Since this seems to be a touchy topic, it might be best to talk about it before the date. See my previous post just before yours...and I hope you have better luck....
Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: This is a piggyback post... Besides the stereotypical "man stuff," like chang...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

This is a piggyback post...

Besides the stereotypical "man stuff," like changing a flat tire, fixing a toilet, and carrying heavy things for us, how else can we show we need you? Of course I can open doors for myself, but I like when a guy does it. I can pay for myself, but it's nicer when a guy does it. I can bring my own jacket, but it's sweet when a guy offers his. I think, though, women are so used to doing things on our own that we need to think, "Wait, let him do this FOR me." With opening doors, even total strangers seem to do that down here, so that's more commonplace, but with other things, we actually need to stop and think. Just wondering...

--hide--
The simple answer to your question, Tara, is to marry us.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: The simple answer to your question, Tara, is to marry us.
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

The simple answer to your question, Tara, is to marry us.

--hide--

WHOA..... Polygamy is NOT cool. laughing

Dec 27th 2012 new
Sounds silly that some women take offense to men being gentlemen--I appreciate it. I've noticed, especially since I have started wearing a veil inside the Church, men go out of their way to open doors to me or be polite. Why do women have to feel degraded by that? I think it is sweet. Like I said, I appreciate it. :)
Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Justin-32820 said: I grew up in the northeast, but I lived most of my adult live in Texas and now I'...
(Quote) Justin-32820 said:

I grew up in the northeast, but I lived most of my adult live in Texas and now I'm back in the northeast and this is one of the cultural difference that jumped out right away. Doing things like opening doors for women in Texas is welcomed and appreciated, but doing the same thing in the northeast as generally been greeted with awkwardness.

--hide--

Hi, Justin. Men opening doors here in Kansas City is common and sooo enjoyed. I love a gentleman and they enjoy receiving acknowledgement.

Posts 41 - 50 of 154