Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Susie-890857 said: Me too! I keep praying Thomas Merton's prayer and hope that I find the pa...
(Quote) Susie-890857 said:

Me too! I keep praying Thomas Merton's prayer and hope that I find the path God intends for me.....wish there were road signs!

--hide--

What is is prayer?
Jan 5th 2013 new
(Quote) James-404829 said: Learn how to keep honey bees. Put a down payment on a 10-acre plot with a home. Commit no mortal s...
(Quote) James-404829 said: Learn how to keep honey bees.

Put a down payment on a 10-acre plot with a home.

Commit no mortal sin.

Get off of CM forever and for the right reason.

Sell my pickup truck.

Get some extra sidework cutting meat.

Chainsaw a bunch of no good scraggly trees.

Learn more prayers in Latin.

Read Dr. Kreeft's collegiate Socratic philosophy manual.

Lower my heart-rate and cholesterol by eating a better diet, exercising more, and drinking more Scotch.

Build a greenhouse for the garden.

Convert some heathens.

--hide--

Wow James! You are very adventurous. Check back with us in December and tell us what her name is and how many heathens you converted.
Jan 5th 2013 new

Here it is:

MY LORD GOD, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.

- Thomas Merton, "Thoughts in Solitude"
© Abbey of Gethsemani

Jan 5th 2013 new

maybe ask the wise nurses or doctors how to improve my health for the upcoming challenges ..... hersheyskiss Happy Birthday! uplifting and spiritual theheart with my temporary cm friends and those around me .... rose to each and everyone that your dreams and wishes come true.... rosary

Jan 5th 2013 new

to cut down on biscuits and cakes

Posts 41 - 45 of 45