Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 10th 2013 new

Kathy,

The neighbors on the other side of us (at the same house I spoke of) were cordial. "J" and I were in our early 30's...but these folks at the time were perhaps 55-60. (possibly older...just had to say that due to my current age!) They had a12 foot tall stockade fence...kindof overkill...given the neighborhood yards were fenced with 6 and 8 ft fences. This fence was so private. It was double boarded where the seams were. In other words....no seams. Sometimes a "knot" hole would appear and it would be carefully covered that day or the next! I thought, "What the heck?" This puzzle was solved when I climbed on the roof one day to attach our newer T.V. antenna to the chimney. I was in the process of tightening the strap when I happened to glance down in their yard. Both he and his wife were wearing their birthday suits!! Oops! Actually "Oops" is right...because I lost my footing and was about to tumble down! And caught the bottom of the chimney! My heel dragging on the shingle alerted them and he hollered, "Jerry you all right?" I said, "Yes "M" I am....just lost my footing" embarassed When I told my wife that she was on the floor (nearly) laughing! Then I went to another neighbor one time (across the street) and asked him if he noticed anything funny about that neighbor. He said, "Oh...you mean the fact that they water their back yard in the buff?" I said, "Geez am I the last one to know this?" He laughed. And even harder when I re-told the event to him! laughing

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Kathy, The neighbors on the other side of us (at the same house I spoke of) were cordi...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Kathy,

The neighbors on the other side of us (at the same house I spoke of) were cordial. "J" and I were in our early 30's...but these folks at the time were perhaps 55-60. (possibly older...just had to say that due to my current age!) They had a12 foot tall stockade fence...kindof overkill...given the neighborhood yards were fenced with 6 and 8 ft fences. This fence was so private. It was double boarded where the seams were. In other words....no seams. Sometimes a "knot" hole would appear and it would be carefully covered that day or the next! I thought, "What the heck?" This puzzle was solved when I climbed on the roof one day to attach our newer T.V. antenna to the chimney. I was in the process of tightening the strap when I happened to glance down in their yard. Both he and his wife were wearing their birthday suits!! Oops! Actually "Oops" is right...because I lost my footing and was about to tumble down! And caught the bottom of the chimney! My heel dragging on the shingle alerted them and he hollered, "Jerry you all right?" I said, "Yes "M" I am....just lost my footing" When I told my wife that she was on the floor (nearly) laughing! Then I went to another neighbor one time (across the street) and asked him if he noticed anything funny about that neighbor. He said, "Oh...you mean the fact that they water their back yard in the buff?" I said, "Geez am I the last one to know this?" He laughed. And even harder when I re-told the event to him!

--hide--

Wow, I have heard that it gets pretty hot in Texas. LOL! Maybe they didn't have air conditioning.

Jan 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Wow, I have heard that it gets pretty hot in Texas. LOL! Maybe they didn't have air c...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Wow, I have heard that it gets pretty hot in Texas. LOL! Maybe they didn't have air conditioning.

--hide--
LOL!! laughing Well it does get hot! Actually he was a GOOD neighbor. He helped out when I would ask for something. Though we didn't know them as well as the ones on the other side (who had the boat)

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: LOL!! Well it does get hot! Actually he was a GOOD neighbor. He helped out when I would ask for s...

LOL!! Well it does get hot! Actually he was a GOOD neighbor. He helped out when I would ask for something. Though we didn't know them as well as the ones on the other side (who had the boat)

--hide--

I'm thinking it was a good thing they didn't have a boat! Thanks for the laugh!

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: LOL!! Well it does get hot! Actually he was a GOOD neighbor. He helped out when I would ask for s...

LOL!! Well it does get hot! Actually he was a GOOD neighbor. He helped out when I would ask for something. Though we didn't know them as well as the ones on the other side (who had the boat)

--hide--

Jan 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Kathy, The neighbors on the other side of us (at the same house I spoke of) were cordial. &q...

Kathy,

The neighbors on the other side of us (at the same house I spoke of) were cordial. "J" and I were in our early 30's...but these folks at the time were perhaps 55-60. (possibly older...just had to say that due to my current age!) They had a12 foot tall stockade fence...kindof overkill...given the neighborhood yards were fenced with 6 and 8 ft fences. This fence was so private. It was double boarded where the seams were. In other words....no seams. Sometimes a "knot" hole would appear and it would be carefully covered that day or the next! I thought, "What the heck?" This puzzle was solved when I climbed on the roof one day to attach our newer T.V. antenna to the chimney. I was in the process of tightening the strap when I happened to glance down in their yard. Both he and his wife were wearing their birthday suits!! Oops! Actually "Oops" is right...because I lost my footing and was about to tumble down! And caught the bottom of the chimney! My heel dragging on the shingle alerted them and he hollered, "Jerry you all right?" I said, "Yes "M" I am....just lost my footing" When I told my wife that she was on the floor (nearly) laughing! Then I went to another neighbor one time (across the street) and asked him if he noticed anything funny about that neighbor. He said, "Oh...you mean the fact that they water their back yard in the buff?" I said, "Geez am I the last one to know this?" He laughed. And even harder when I re-told the event to him!

--hide--

I have a feeling that would be difficult neighbors to get to know.... eyepopping laughing laughing
Jan 17th 2013 new
I actually know a few people in my neighborhood. And the welcoming committee for my town brought me a goody sack earlier this week...Mind you I have been here several months but at least they tried...and there were coupons in my goody sack..... laughing
Jan 18th 2013 new

I consider myself neighborly.

When I was in elementary school my family lived in a nice neighborhood where the kids were also sent outside on the nice days to go and play and that's what we did, we played. It could of been tag, cops and robbers, baseball, basketball, riding our bikes to the White Hen or Dairy Queen, chasing down the sound of the ice cream truck, playing hide and seek, or building a snowfort/snowman in the winter. All the neightborhoods that my family lived in (my father worked for 3M, so we moved quite often) were all nice, the people were nice, the kids were nice, and the area was nice.

Currenlty, my family lives in a nice neighborhood where each lot has about two ore more acres of property that is wooded, so it seems secluded but really isn't, so you don't see much of the neighbors. However, whenever I go for a walk with my parents dog and there is a neighbor working on his lawn, walking their dog, or another one driving by, there is always a friendly wave and a hello.

Jan 19th 2013 new

Hello all...

I have good neighbors but some of the things that have happened since I have been here make me wonder: My dog has been attacked 2x where it drew blood (both times), and just earlier this week the neighbor next door's dog was running around in the cold...But for the most part people are really nice...My dog Izzy gets treats at the furniture store in downtown, and they will also let her run around the store, she also loves going into the Vera Bradley store downtown as well, My dog Izzy is kind of like a conversation starter with the neighbors and etc.

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: I'm thinking it was a good thing they didn't have a boat! Thanks for the laugh! ...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

--hide--

That was a funny story! One of our younger neighbors was doing some landscaping in her front yard. We have
underground utilities but every little while, there is a utility cover that is above ground or a post where the
telephone wires can be accessed. Evidently, she didn't like the post in the middle of her flower bed and was bent over
trying to actually pull it out of the ground!
rolling eyes laughing laughing scratchchin I couldn't believe my eyes. She figured it out....after awhile.

Posts 31 - 40 of 40