Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 28th 2012 new

I do have expectations but not a "list" so to speak with that being said I have seen expectations in a mans profile that are a turn off to me - like they want a fit buff woman - really what about a fit buff heart heartbeat or they want a woman to dress a certain way - I often wonder when the last time they updated their wardrobe. Or a certain level of education - really - what about common sense, virtue and making wise decisions. They don't want a woman with a past - well news flash - if you are alive you have a past - some good things and some bad. It is being able to move forward and learning from our mistakes. hug

Dec 28th 2012 new
Lol! I worked with a guy whose nickname was that. I think it's cute, but isn't that a product by Dannon yogurt? Lol And yes, I could call you worse. Lol
Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Chris-921139 said: I have been on here and other dating websites and seems most ladies my age have a list of what th...
(Quote) Chris-921139 said:

I have been on here and other dating websites and seems most ladies my age have a list of what they. I tend not to fit into their list as I am starting a business and live at home after finishing school last year.

Personally this why I have found it better to date older woman who are just looking for a nice guy.

I am wondering if this is just me or do other singles find that a lot of people have a list. If God is in control it is pointless for us to have a list.

--hide--

Uh oh, what happened to the OP?

Dec 28th 2012 new
I dunno, Ray. Eye color could make or break it for me! :). I totally agree with you!
Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I dunno, Ray. Eye color could make or break it for me! :). I totally agree with you!
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I dunno, Ray. Eye color could make or break it for me! :). I totally agree with you!
--hide--
laughing My -- you are particular, aren't you????? Maybe you could search for a person whose eyes are different colors. Would that make it easier for you???? scratchchin

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: I do have expectations but not a "list" so to speak with that being said I have seen ex...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

I do have expectations but not a "list" so to speak with that being said I have seen expectations in a mans profile that are a turn off to me - like they want a fit buff woman - really what about a fit buff heart or they want a woman to dress a certain way - I often wonder when the last time they updated their wardrobe. Or a certain level of education - really - what about common sense, virtue and making wise decisions. They don't want a woman with a past - well news flash - if you are alive you have a past - some good things and some bad. It is being able to move forward and learning from our mistakes.

--hide--
I think most people are in agreement about fundamentals, many of which have been expressed here.

Fundamentals can be critical. The rest are incidentals -- of lesser importance overall, yet seemingly drawbacks for some. Time for them to sort out their priorities.

What you say is true. As we gain in years, we indeed have a past. Some regard it as baggage -- I prefer to call it "history". The longer we've been around, the more history we've accumulated -- all of us. It's where we are now that's important, as is the direction in which we're heading.

Dec 28th 2012 new

To Nancy and Ray...

Nancy, Seriously? All that stuff is in men's profiles? I thought those things were indicative of Match.com profiles in southern California! I honestly believed that CM would be different. I'm sad! sad

Ray, Your comment reminds me of a Bread song - I know, I'm dating myself. The lyrics go something like this...it doesn't matter who came first, as long as I'm the last. I lost my CD, somehow, or I'd double-check that. scratchchin

Well, I'm just going to choose to believe that the right man for me is going to love me because of my history, not in spite of it, because that's what makes me me, and I am who he wants to spend the rest of his life with. Chelle

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Well, who knows for sure, but I tend to think that most women's "lists&quo...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Well, who knows for sure, but I tend to think that most women's "lists" include having a guy stick around long enough for dialogue.

You're certainly not going to endear yourself to any woman if you ask a question and disappear immediately after asking, as you've done the last three times you've posted a topic in here. If this is a reflective trait then I would guess that your biggest problem would have something to do with communication.

Just a thought. Amen to that brother; I agree with ya 100% (on this one)!!

--hide--

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said:
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

--hide--
I don't know why my last post didn't post; but again i agree with bro. Vic. on his post; 100% Mike "peace"!!

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: To Nancy and Ray...Nancy, Seriously? All that stuff is in men's profiles? I thought ...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

To Nancy and Ray...

Nancy, Seriously? All that stuff is in men's profiles? I thought those things were indicative of Match.com profiles in southern California! I honestly believed that CM would be different. I'm sad!

Ray, Your comment reminds me of a Bread song - I know, I'm dating myself. The lyrics go something like this...it doesn't matter who came first, as long as I'm the last. I lost my CD, somehow, or I'd double-check that.

Well, I'm just going to choose to believe that the right man for me is going to love me because of my history, not in spite of it, because that's what makes me me, and I am who he wants to spend the rest of his life with. Chelle

--hide--
Yup, Chelle -- you're dating yourself.....What you need for the New Year is someone else to do it. hug wink

Posts 21 - 30 of 76