Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

And, if so, could you contact me?

I am trying to develop a business plan for a small business loan, and could use help from a Catholic who will get my thought process, and help fine tune things a little more.

Thanks,

Celia

Dec 27th 2012 new
For what kind of business?
Dec 27th 2012 new

Well, the short version is, a cleaning business geared toward house cleaning for retirees.

I have done the market research, and it looks quite sustainable in the chosen market. I do have the numbers and projections. I only know how to do that cause I had a very successful general cleaning business back in 2003-2007.

I want to restart it, only I want to go bold and take a few risks.

My nickname is C, short for Celia. So I named the busiess :

Simply C

Simply Clean

Simply Life

Specializing in cleaning for retirees and the disabled.

The branding of using my own name will come to signify the "Simply Life" part. I help them to have better lives. But the business is a tool to support my kids and my pro-life work - I am outspoken on anti-abortion issues.

The 10 commandments will be printed on the back of everything my business puts out.

I am hiring a professional to do my logo (including a lovely abstract dove and a big "C") in an aqua green with black print, then do the website. Target for logo is March. Target for website is July. Target date for actuallly aggressively pursing clients is July/August. Target for having 18 clients is Jan/Dec. next year. target for 24 clients is June 2014. Finances are also figured.

Mondays will be taken off, as myself and my first employee, a lady frriend of mine who wants to work for me part time, will be actively engaged with TN right to life, and Catholic charities work against abortion.

So, I really need to put this market research and proposal into some form to ask for a small busiess loan in the amount of about 3K for the logo website development, and initial marketting surge to support very targetted marketting. I've already got the equipment needed on order.

Thoughts on how to do a business plan?

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: And, if so, could you contact me? I am trying to develop a business plan for a small busin...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

And, if so, could you contact me?

I am trying to develop a business plan for a small business loan, and could use help from a Catholic who will get my thought process, and help fine tune things a little more.

Thanks,

Celia

--hide--

Contact SCORE (Service Corp Of Retired Executives). The provide free mentoring and training to small business owners. In this area they have business plan seminars at least once a month; they also have a lot of information on the web ( http://www.score.org). It looks like they have offices in Johnson City and Bristol, so you should be able to get in-person help fairly easily.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Contact SCORE (Service Corp Of Retired Executives). The provide free mentoring and traini...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Contact SCORE (Service Corp Of Retired Executives). The provide free mentoring and training to small business owners. In this area they have business plan seminars at least once a month; they also have a lot of information on the web ( http://www.score.org). It looks like they have offices in Johnson City and Bristol, so you should be able to get in-person help fairly easily.

--hide--

That's a good idea. I went to them back with the first business, but my plan was more fly by the seat of my pants then. It is a good idea. I'll put that on my to do list...which seems to be growing longer and longer in the planning phase. Good thing I have 7 months.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: That's a good idea. I went to them back with the first business, but my plan was more fly by ...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

That's a good idea. I went to them back with the first business, but my plan was more fly by the seat of my pants then. It is a good idea. I'll put that on my to do list...which seems to be growing longer and longer in the planning phase. Good thing I have 7 months.

--hide--

Good luck!

Posts 1 - 6 of 6