Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: This is exactly what I have been trying to say for 8 YEARS.. There ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

This is exactly what I have been trying to say for 8 YEARS.. There is NO ONE for me to date, because my peers are looking for women 10-12 years younger. And the number of younger women willing to date a much older man is small, so they ignore me, holding out for a younger babe that, in all likelyhood they will never find.

--hide--
I think these guys are looking for a future nursemaid to care for them in their doddering years. Changing their baby's diaper is one thing... laughing

Dec 30th 2012 new
(Quote) David-928246 said: Kristen, Good topic. As for me, I prefer a woman around my age. A few years younger or older.
(Quote) David-928246 said:

Kristen,

Good topic. As for me, I prefer a woman around my age. A few years younger or older.

I have had women 30 or more years express an initial interest online, but I always decline. I just don't care to potentially spend the rest of my life with someone of a different generation.

I don't know about the numbers in JC, but it seems there are plenty more women than men at CM in Atlanta. I am on a cane now and make clear mention of it as well as my young children. It may turn some women away, but I don't want to hide anything.

I think many men notice younger women more readily but can't say what they feel so far as actually spending a lifetime with them. Again, I can only speak for myself.

I wish there was a way to meet similar aged women at my Parish.

Hope you had a good Christmas and have a Happy New Year,
Dave

--hide--

Welcome to the forums David. Somehow I feel you will not be on here long. There are a lot of lovely ladies in your age group who are well worth pursuing.

Blessings on your search
Dec 30th 2012 new

Thank you Sherrill

Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: This is exactly what I have been trying to say for 8 YEARS.. There is NO ONE for ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

This is exactly what I have been trying to say for 8 YEARS.. There is NO ONE for me to date, because my peers are looking for women 10-12 years younger. And the number of younger women willing to date a much older man is small, so they ignore me, holding out for a younger babe that, in all likelyhood they will never find.

--hide--

Not all of your peers are looking for significantly younger women.

Let's be honest: being outspoken in the forums is going to cause some number of people to decide one is not a desirable candidate to date. When you have a small pool of potential candidates to begin with, this result can be significant. I don't care. Those who do care may want to keep this in mind before clicking on submit

Dec 30th 2012 new
(Quote) Josephine-917377 said: Age could be a barrier to get connected further or not I admit. For some men, they prefer women younger than h...
(Quote) Josephine-917377 said: Age could be a barrier to get connected further or not I admit. For some men, they prefer women younger than him and one of the reason might be intrinsic factor of having babe. But for women, are women interested in men younger than them or how many years younger are within the comfort zone of women? And what are the reasons behind? I just got those questions in mind after reading the thread talking about age gap. Any thought?
--hide--

Hi Josephine,

I will jump on that question. I think men who want children are shorting themselves by avoiding all women in their 40's. A woman is still able to conceive until she is in full blown menopause which is a year after her last cycle. I am nearing that one year mark and i just turned 50. Which means if my peers had pursued me and we were married, i could have had a child by now. Possibly two.

As for younger men, I am comfortable 5 -7 years younger, maybe 10 if he's really grounded and mature. Once you get past 10 years, then there is a generational difference.

Just my 2cents
Dec 30th 2012 new

This is a great topic. I have really enjoyed reading all the different opinions. The bottom line is we all have to make are own decisions in life. If a person wants to date someone 10-15 years older/younger then that is there own decision. Just to all the forty something women out there. There are 40 something guys that are interested in having a relationship with you as you have seen from the different postings. Have a great day.

Dec 30th 2012 new

That is exactly what I have been thinking too! I am experiencing difficulties just like you and also I think most men prefer a much younger woman because it makes them feel younger and vice versa. In my case, I prefer a man who is mature and stable, honest and friendly and isn't afraid to show his emotions. Like you I am younger than I look since I really dont see why I should act like an older woman! I wish you the best of luck on finding a gentleman who knows how to treat a lady the way she should be treated.

Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: yeah you old farts - we do not want to be your nurse with a purse - good grief. Five years either...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

yeah you old farts - we do not want to be your nurse with a purse - good grief. Five years either way for me and that is sometimes too much - two years either way seems to be the best for me. Right now I am getting to know someone who is two years older - perfect. He is from CM and it is a LDR -never thought I would be interested in a LDR but so far so good.

--hide--

Five years either way for me and that is sometimes too much

Nancy, I'm not picking on you personally or anything like that, but I think the "five years either way" outlook is also problematic. Maybe I'm naive or something, but is there much difference in maturity, outlook in life, etc between a 49 year old lady and a 59 year old guy? For the ladies older than 40, is a 50-year old man a no-no? My inclination is to think not, but what do I know?.....

I'm trying to point out that it goes both ways. The ladies (rightly) talk about how all the guys their age want much younger ladies and are thus not being open-minded about them, but they are also being as close-minded as these men by not considering men 5 to 10 years older!

Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Kwaku-654846 said: ... is there much difference in maturity, outlook in life, etc between a 49 year old lady and a 5...
(Quote) Kwaku-654846 said:

... is there much difference in maturity, outlook in life, etc between a 49 year old lady and a 59 year old guy?

--hide--

Sure there is... in this case the woman is probably far more mature! shocked laughing

theheart

Dec 30th 2012 new

There are alot of lovely women here that are over 40,but aren't there some younger women that find maturity an attractive quality and wouldn't mind an older husband if thats what they want? Some of the ladies who have reached 40+ have changed thier profiles and no longer want to have children as they have some already. As for myself,I look for someone in thier late 20's through thier mid to late thirties and who want to have children.

Posts 181 - 190 of 200