Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I wanted to meet someone who shares my Faith and values. But I seem to have difficulty finding people who are interested in me on here. Yet in the "real world" I don't have this problem - but am not finding people with my same Faith and values. I sometimes wonder if it is problematic to have my age posted as one of the first pieces of information a person sees. I don't think I look as old as I am, and don't wear a sign that states my age when I walk down the street. My feeling is that most of the men my age or a little older are looking for much younger women. Is this a fair generalization to deduce?

--hide--

Any man in his 40's with half a brain would be interested in women his own age or even a little older.

The time to chase younger women is gone forever. Time to realize that.

Besides, mature women are the best. As they say in Sicily, "the grey mare is always the better horse". What's he going to talk about with a girl in her 20's?

Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Just from my observation on here, it seems a number of guys are looking for younger women- some quite a bit you...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Just from my observation on here, it seems a number of guys are looking for younger women- some quite a bit younger. They seem to be living in a fantasy world. My (late ex) wife was 2 months older. I only date women around my own age- I may be old, but I'm not an old fool!

Having been a photographer for many years, I'm critical of profile pictures which can stop someone from checking them out, and sometimes make technical suggestions. Nothing to criticize with yours, so that's not a factor.

Blessings and good luck.

--hide--

laughing clap laughing clap

Yes. You are not a fool.

clap laughing clap laughing
Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Any man in his 40's with half a brain would be interested in women his own age o...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Any man in his 40's with half a brain would be interested in women his own age or even a little older.

--hide--

Agreed! Most of the women I've dated have been my age, or older. thumbsup

I've never bought the "damaged goods" argument.

And if a man were to reject a woman due to the fact that she has children then he did her and her children a favor by rejecting them.

Just my two cents

theheart

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Any man in his 40's with half a brain would be interested in women his own age or even a litt...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

--hide--

Perhaps the problem here is that the majority of the men over 40 years of age have more than half a brain?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist! laughing laughing )

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Perhaps the problem here is that the majority of the men over 40 years of age have more t...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Perhaps the problem here is that the majority of the men over 40 years of age have more than half a brain?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist! )

--hide--

if i keep working and growing, i may get to half a brain before long.

Dec 27th 2012 new

Happy Birthday, Kathie! And your daughter is a doll!! Chelle

Dec 27th 2012 new

Ahem, a very special CM woman turned 40 just today!

Join me in wishing Kathie 430651 of Two Rivers, WI a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Welcome to the best years of your life!

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: Happy Birthday, Kathie! And your daughter is a doll!! Chelle
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Happy Birthday, Kathie! And your daughter is a doll!! Chelle

--hide--

Thank you, Chelle hug

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathie-430651 said: Thank you, Chelle
(Quote) Kathie-430651 said:

Thank you, Chelle

--hide--
Happy Birthday Kathie Happy Birthday! wave

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I wanted to meet someone who shares my Faith and values. But I seem to have difficulty finding people who are interested in me on here. Yet in the "real world" I don't have this problem - but am not finding people with my same Faith and values. I sometimes wonder if it is problematic to have my age posted as one of the first pieces of information a person sees. I don't think I look as old as I am, and don't wear a sign that states my age when I walk down the street. My feeling is that most of the men my age or a little older are looking for much younger women. Is this a fair generalization to deduce?

--hide--

Is this a fair generalization to deduce?

No, it is not. I'm not in my 40s, but there is no logical reason for a guy in his 40s to prefer women in their 30s or 20s (not unless he wants to have children - I presume most men here in their 40s have had children already). The notion that younger women are more attractive is a myth. The reason age is vital information on just about any dating website is that people (men included, haha) want to date others close in age, generally speaking. Furthermore, based on my experience on CM, a guy is far more likely to get interest from ladies close in age.

So don't worry! A nice guy in his 40s will "pursue" you sooner or later. And, hey, if the guys here do indeed like younger women, it means you're getting interest from nice men close to 50, who aren't out of the question for you, or are they? ;-)

Posts 21 - 30 of 200