Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: If you haven't scared them off yet, I don't think this will make a difference.
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

If you haven't scared them off yet, I don't think this will make a difference.

--hide--

Are you suggesting that I scare people off? eyepopping wink

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: If you haven't scared them off yet, I don&...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

If you haven't scared them off yet, I don't think this will make a difference.

Are you suggesting that I scare people off?

--hide--

I didn't say you did. I didn't say you didn't. Only that you've said things a lot more likely to do so than this. lil mikie

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: I didn't say you did. I didn't say you didn't. Only that you've said things a lot ...

I didn't say you did. I didn't say you didn't. Only that you've said things a lot more likely to do so than this.

--hide--

Thank you for that. Will try to keep my comments in check. I can be opinionated but sometimes it is for a good cause. Still learning (like all of us).

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Ladies... please don't shoot me! I would date a man in his very early 40's if we really ...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Ladies... please don't shoot me!

I would date a man in his very early 40's if we really hit it off...

Now having said that, most of the men I talk to are my age up to 35ish...

And I seem also to get messages from the late 40's and early 50's crowd too! I just jokingly ask if they have a younger brother, son, nephew, etc. They get the point.

--hide--

Well when someone in his 40s tries to message a woman in her 20s it is more acceptable than one in his 20s tries to message a woman in her late 40s eyepopping laughing

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Well when someone in his 40s tries to message a woman in her 20s it is more acceptable than...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said:

Well when someone in his 40s tries to message a woman in her 20s it is more acceptable than one in his 20s tries to message a woman in her late 40s

--hide--

More acceptable to whom?

And why should anyone care other than the two people involved? Or why should they care if anyone else does?

Just askin'...

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Well when someone in his 40s tries to message a woman in her 20s it is more acceptable than on...

Well when someone in his 40s tries to message a woman in her 20s it is more acceptable than one in his 20s tries to message a woman in her late 40s
--hide--

scratchchin Is that really true? Is a 40-year-old woman more likely to get weirded-out when contacted by a 20-something than a 20-something woman who is contacted by a 40+ year-old man?

It has already been established what many of the younger ladies think about being contacted by older men, but what about when the opposite occurs? Do the older ladies feel the same contempt, or do they feel flattered?

theheart

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Well when someone in his 40s tries to message a woman in her 20s it is more acceptable than one...

--hide--

One other thought...

CM will block an older person attempting to contact a younger person when the age range exceeds certain bounds. As far as I know, a younger person may contact any older person. So, at least CM considers the latter to be more acceptable!

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Is that really true? Is a 40-year-old woman more likely to get weirded-out when contacted by a 2...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Is that really true? Is a 40-year-old woman more likely to get weirded-out when contacted by a 20-something than a 20-something woman who is contacted by a 40+ year-old man?

It has already been established what many of the younger ladies think about being contacted by older men, but what about when the opposite occurs? Do the older ladies feel the same contempt, or do they feel flattered?

--hide--

I can't speak for 20 year olds contacting me, but in real life (yes, I do have one too), I found men about 10 to 15 years younger approaching me. While somewhat flattering, it is also a bit awkward b/c I don't think I'm ready to date someone that much younger (up to 5 years younger is ok in my head, as long as he is older than my second younger brother). With the Catholics, I have managed to make some good friends that I am very grateful to have.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: One other thought... CM will block an older person attempting to contact a younger person...

One other thought...

CM will block an older person attempting to contact a younger person when the age range exceeds certain bounds. As far as I know, a younger person may contact any older person. So, at least CM considers the latter to be more acceptable!

--hide--

Hehehe not fair wink

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Is that really true? Is a 40-year-old woman more likely to get weirded-out when contacted by a ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Is that really true? Is a 40-year-old woman more likely to get weirded-out when contacted by a 20-something than a 20-something woman who is contacted by a 40+ year-old man?

--hide--

I can talk about myself. Yes it is kind of flattering But it is not my preference for so many reasons and i would never date someone the age of my kids.

Posts 41 - 50 of 200