Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 28th 2012 new

Hi, as a 42 year old woman with no children (as yet) it is very daunting going this discussion thread. In real life I do get approached because I don't look my age, but that just makes it more difficult when I tell people my age because it comes as such a surprise to learn how old I am. I've recently realised that my age is a barrier in my mind as well as any men I meet. I think the only the only way around this is with God. For me, I think it is time to do another walk of Faith.

God blessings and favour on all the ladies looking on this site.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I wanted to meet someone who shares my Faith and values. But I seem to have difficulty finding people who are interested in me on here. Yet in the "real world" I don't have this problem - but am not finding people with my same Faith and values. I sometimes wonder if it is problematic to have my age posted as one of the first pieces of information a person sees. I don't think I look as old as I am, and don't wear a sign that states my age when I walk down the street. My feeling is that most of the men my age or a little older are looking for much younger women. Is this a fair generalization to deduce?

--hide--

I am sorry you have found this here. Other things do play into things- such as location and feasibility of meeting others. I think you live in a nice centrally located area where people mingle quite a bit, so that could help you. There have been special events like CM Chicago. I would have to look at the map but there are events around the country. I would think you should not just give up.

Dec 28th 2012 new
Kristen, At my age, I'm very interested in younger women as well as older ones. I'm finding that all have great qualities upon which to build a lasting marriage. Ideally, I want more children, but am finding that older ladies bring a certain maturity and peace to the table that I really appreciate. As a 39 year old guy, I worry about becoming invisible to the younger ladies, but believe age and experience mean a great deal where potential for relationship success is concerned...so I won't worry too much. I tend to develop much deeper friendships with 40 something ladies I know. You have plenty of good to offer. Keep the faith. Michael
Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Is that really true? Is a 40-year-old woman more likely to get weirded-out when co...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Is that really true? Is a 40-year-old woman more likely to get weirded-out when contacted by a 20-something than a 20-something woman who is contacted by a 40+ year-old man?

It has already been established what many of the younger ladies think about being contacted by older men, but what about when the opposite occurs? Do the older ladies feel the same contempt, or do they feel flattered?

--hide--

wave Hello Victor, yes. I do get weir-did out when I have a 20's and early 30's boys hitting on me. Flattering, not really to me. I have a daughter going to college soon and one in high school. Would I possibly want to start over, yes but I will leave that up to God. I have a few good eggs left laughing laughing

But first I would have to find myself a Great suitor and this dating for the last 8 years isn't working so well eyepopping laughing

Dec 28th 2012 new

Judging by your age I'd say you are looking for someone 35-40's (just a guess). Well, those guys spend their time viewing the profiles of younger ladies. Most get creeped out. I think, what about all of those great ladies in the fora? What's wrong with them? biggrin AND...Do you know what angers me? irked I'll click on a profile of someone EXACTLY my age (not that I'm not willing to date anyone other than 27), and they will say something along the lines of 20-26 or 20-27. SHEESH! I barely made the cut. I must be old! And then I think 20? They may be legal, and some are probably mature for their age, but they can't vote or drink.

Guy:"So, who did you vote for in the last election?"

Girl: Well, actually I couldn't. I wasn't old enough."

Guy: "You're perfect. Forget the girl in the voting both right next to me who agrees with me in politics and voted for someone who most closely lined with the Catholic teachings."

I want to cry. sad I need a virtual hug!

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Judging by your age I'd say you are looking for someone 35-40's (just a guess). Well, th...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

Judging by your age I'd say you are looking for someone 35-40's (just a guess). Well, those guys spend their time viewing the profiles of younger ladies. Most get creeped out. I think, what about all of those great ladies in the fora? What's wrong with them? AND...Do you know what angers me? I'll click on a profile of someone EXACTLY my age (not that I'm not willing to date anyone other than 27), and they will say something along the lines of 20-26 or 20-27. SHEESH! I barely made the cut. I must be old! And then I think 20? They may be legal, and some are probably mature for their age, but they can't vote or drink.

Guy:"So, who did you vote for in the last election?"

Girl: Well, actually I couldn't. I wasn't old enough."

Guy: "You're perfect. Forget the girl in the voting both right next to me who agrees with me in politics and voted for someone who most closely lined with the Catholic teachings."

I want to cry. I need a virtual hug!

--hide--

hug hug rose I think lately we all need a virtual hug, but there is nothing like a real one either.

Marita, you are a very beautiful girl and intelligent girl and by no means should you feel old. That only starts when you are in your mid 30s wink laughing But age is relative. I am looking five up or five down give or take and you are right, men my age are creeping at the 20-year-olds and the 20-year-olds are getting creeped out toowide eyed laughing

Dec 28th 2012 new

yeah you old farts - we do not want to be your nurse with a purse - good grief. Five years either way for me and that is sometimes too much - two years either way seems to be the best for me. Right now I am getting to know someone who is two years older - perfect. He is from CM and it is a LDR -never thought I would be interested in a LDR but so far so good.

Dec 28th 2012 new

hug hug hug hug

Dec 28th 2012 new

Thanks Laurel! hug

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I wanted to meet someone who shares my Faith and values. But I seem to have difficulty finding people who are interested in me on here. Yet in the "real world" I don't have this problem - but am not finding people with my same Faith and values. I sometimes wonder if it is problematic to have my age posted as one of the first pieces of information a person sees. I don't think I look as old as I am, and don't wear a sign that states my age when I walk down the street. My feeling is that most of the men my age or a little older are looking for much younger women. Is this a fair generalization to deduce?

--hide--

I agree. I have a number of men interested in me at work but don't like office romances (just in case they don't work out). My membership is up on Valentine's Day and I won't renew. It's been nice participating in some of the forums but I just need to get more outside activities as my daughter gets older.

Posts 51 - 60 of 200