Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Judging by your age I'd say you are looking for someone 35-40's (just a guess). Well, th...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

Judging by your age I'd say you are looking for someone 35-40's (just a guess). Well, those guys spend their time viewing the profiles of younger ladies. Most get creeped out. I think, what about all of those great ladies in the fora? What's wrong with them? AND...Do you know what angers me? I'll click on a profile of someone EXACTLY my age (not that I'm not willing to date anyone other than 27), and they will say something along the lines of 20-26 or 20-27. SHEESH! I barely made the cut. I must be old! And then I think 20? They may be legal, and some are probably mature for their age, but they can't vote or drink.

Guy:"So, who did you vote for in the last election?"

Girl: Well, actually I couldn't. I wasn't old enough."

Guy: "You're perfect. Forget the girl in the voting both right next to me who agrees with me in politics and voted for someone who most closely lined with the Catholic teachings."

I want to cry. I need a virtual hug!

--hide--

hug hug hug

(Okay, all of you people who like chastise me for my views about the subject of this thread, these are virtual hugs.)

Dec 28th 2012 new

I am really glad I began this forum. I was a little worried about this topic being
a bit negative. Now I realize there are
many women experiencing the same thing.
Sometimes it just helps to know that you are not alone! While it doesn’t make it any easier, it does
help to at least understand that I’m seeing the situation properly.

I’m so glad to hear from all of you wonderful 40-something
women! It makes me think we should have
a CM “Steel Magnolias” weekend (because we know what that means) just to
celebrate all the beautiful women out there on CM! Those men are the ones who are missing out. Hugs to you 20-somethings receiving the
unwanted attention of older men.

Thanks also to you few 40-something men who responded. While your cohorts were in the “Taylor Swift:
Cultural Icon” thread (okay, that’s a little sarcasm – there’s not actually a
thread with that name), you actually chose to join us here. You’ve restored my hope that perhaps there
are a few grounded 40-somethings out there.
May God bless you in your search!
And may we all renew our HOPE in the “Love that never ends” who is God!

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I want to cry. I need a virtual hug!
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I want to cry. I need a virtual hug!

--hide--

sad hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

theheart

Dec 28th 2012 new

[quote]Kristen-878108 said:

Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I wanted to meet someone who shares my Faith and values. But I seem to have difficulty finding people who are interested in me on here. Yet in the "real world" I don't have this problem - but am not finding people with my same Faith and values. I sometimes wonder if it is problematic to have my age posted as one of the first pieces of information a person sees. I don't think I look as old as I am, and don't wear a sign that states my age when I walk down the street. My feeling is that most of the men my age or a little older are looking for much younger women. Is this a fair generalization to deduce?

[/quote

I feel the same way. I can meet tons of guys easily in the "real world". But they don't share my faith or my values.

As for the guys looking for "younger women", well, I can't say I have encountered that so much. But there are tons of guys on CM if you do searches - I did one for a guy who put 7/7 beliefs, between 38-55. Got pages of results.

I really didn't contact them because one time I sent a guy a smiley face and he blocked me. I thought it was so weird I haven't want to really put myself out there since. Besides, I'm thinking if a guy doesn't see me first and make the effort to contact me, what will he be like in a relationship as far as making an effort.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I am really glad I began this forum. I was a little worried about this topic beinga bit neg...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I am really glad I began this forum. I was a little worried about this topic being
a bit negative. Now I realize there are
many women experiencing the same thing.
Sometimes it just helps to know that you are not alone! While it doesn’t make it any easier, it does
help to at least understand that I’m seeing the situation properly.

I’m so glad to hear from all of you wonderful 40-something
women! It makes me think we should have
a CM “Steel Magnolias” weekend (because we know what that means) just to
celebrate all the beautiful women out there on CM! Those men are the ones who are missing out. Hugs to you 20-somethings receiving the
unwanted attention of older men.

Thanks also to you few 40-something men who responded. While your cohorts were in the “Taylor Swift:
Cultural Icon” thread (okay, that’s a little sarcasm – there’s not actually a
thread with that name), you actually chose to join us here. You’ve restored my hope that perhaps there
are a few grounded 40-somethings out there.
May God bless you in your search!
And may we all renew our HOPE in the “Love that never ends” who is God!

--hide--

A "Steel Magnolias" weekend is perfect! Women friends are usually for life....Most guys last for a short while. Only one of those will last for a life time. While we are looking, it surely wouldn't hurt to have a spa weekend and get our nails done and maybe a Swedish massage. cool

Dec 28th 2012 new

Auh, if only the CM ladies were closer hug hug I have never treated myself like that, but that would be fun!

Dec 28th 2012 new

Auh, if only the CM ladies were closer hug hug I have never treated myself like that, but that would be fun!

Dec 28th 2012 new

BTW, this is embarassed for me today. I haven't had this problem before, but the double posts are freaking me out laughing

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: > there is no logical reason for a guy in his 40s to prefer women in their 30s or...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

> there is no logical reason for a guy in his 40s to prefer women in their 30s or 20s

Do you expect logical reasons for other personal preferences, either in another person or in general (foods, entertainment, etc.)? If not, then why so for this one?

> (not unless he wants to have children

This would seem to be a very good reason since procreation and education of children are two of the fundamental purposes of marriage.

> I presume most men here in their 40s have had children already).

There are a significant number of men over 40 who have never married. Those who do have children may desire more.

--hide--

I am 40. I will date women my own age and younger, and I've twice, casually dated, women a little older, in the past, when I was about 30. Consider it a "must have," but even when I was 25, I didn't really like dating a woman say who was a couple years older. I have personal reasons other than a desire to progenerate that make me stick to it, now. In both casual and serious relationships, about a four to six year younger range worked best for me in the past. . . and that's what I prefer. But, Jerry does hit home---I want to attempt to have children with a spouse, even if we end up adopting or adopting to add more. . . I am 40 and interested in 40 and under for dates, but not too much under. . .

Dec 28th 2012 new

embarassed 's Well, since your own age is prehistoric, what do you think the young ladies will think... Taking advice from a never married man in his elderly age is not aways wise in my 2-cent opinion. But good luck to you in finding your futile beauty. I think you may become lonely in your search since it hasn't worked for 40 years, but I wish you well crossfingers biggrin

Posts 61 - 70 of 200