Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: 's Well, since your own age is prehistoric, what do you think the young ladies will think... ...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

's Well, since your own age is prehistoric, what do you think the young ladies will think... Taking advice from a never married man in his elderly age is not aways wise in my 2-cent opinion. But good luck to you in finding your futile beauty. I think you may become lonely in your search since it hasn't worked for 40 years, but I wish you well

--hide--

Which man were you talking to?

Dec 28th 2012 new

shhh It's a secret, I protect the young ones biggrin

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: 's Well, since your own age is prehistoric, what do you think the young ladies will think... ...

's Well, since your own age is prehistoric, what do you think the young ladies will think... Taking advice from a never married man in his elderly age is not aways wise in my 2-cent opinion. But good luck to you in finding your futile beauty. I think you may become lonely in your search since it hasn't worked for 40 years, but I wish you well

--hide--

I'm a regular dater. . . rarely do I lack a date for any social function, if I WANT one, but sometimes its more fun to go alone and talk to many people. . . I think if I'd been Catholic, sooner, it would have been different and I wouldn't be on this site, to be candid. When I was an Evangelical, we were STRONGLY discouraged from considering anyone with a marred past (unless perhaps it was something like chemical addiction that didn't involve promiscuity) or those with sexual experience, or divorced (that would include annulled), because we should be looking for virtuous women who had been on the missions field teaching or nursing and were coming home. . . seriously, it was very much like that. It was assumed that the singles of all ages were chaste and always had been or you were going straight to hell! I've had better opportunities with Catholic women since I joined the Church than I EVER did with the Evangelical community. . . there were long-term relationships, but there were always issues from my side or the lady's side based upon taboos, i.e. have you ever consumed too much alcohol, did you smoke cigarettes in college, etc. even if these were in the past---so I found it very difficult to sustain relationships when there was ALSO an air of much hypocrisy. . . (the longest term, a five year relationship that was off and on, resulted in my discovery of rampant infidelity in steady dating, but it was "away" from the hometown). The Catholic community seems much more forgiving and willing to accept people for what they are OR what they were and no longer are. . . since when is a 35-40 year old woman a futile beauty? Sheesh.

Dec 28th 2012 new

Kristen thank you for posting such a great topic. I am forty two years old, and there is nothing I would like better than to meet a woman my own age on this site. I have not had any luck on this site, but I intend to keep on trying. I just don't have anything in common with much younger women. Over the summer I was having a casual conversation with a woman around thirty years old, and she did not even know who Arnold Horshack was (Welcome Back Kotter). My parents had a six month age difference, and they were married a few months shy of forty years before my Mom died. This is a great topic, and there are a few guys out there who are 40-something who would love to meet a nice 40-something woman with stong morals and values.

Dec 28th 2012 new

--hide--

Does Catholic Match have an "I'm ducking for cover while the bullets fly" emoticon? wide eyed

Dec 28th 2012 new
Ladies it saddens me when i feel your pain i wish you were closer to me hug

If i think like you i would feel the same pain and disappointment. I went through one man profile and i felt this is Mr right with everything that match my standards but i was chocked when he mentioned the age range he is looking to date between 30 and 35 and he is 51. this makes me doubt his maturity. I doubt him not myself.

I came to CM in hope to find the right match who shares my faith and belief. I check everyday but i have my life that i enjoy too i treat myself good and do all kind of positive and happy things. When it is time to happen it will happen. I know many men look for younger women but there is a fair number of men who also look for women from the same age. It is not always the age that drive them away sometimes it is what we write on our profile that doesn't match their expectations or standards. Mr right will come right on time wink

My advice to you and to me through you is to be patient and to live your life and fill it with joyful and happy things and Mr right could come any time through CM or through any place you go to maybe the church the gym the gas station wink ..... Best of luck to you all! theheart
Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: (Quote) Cathy-564420 said: 's Well, since your own age is prehistoric, ...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

Quote:
Cathy-564420 said:

I'm a regular dater. . . rarely do I lack a date for any social function, if I WANT one, but sometimes its more fun to go alone and talk to many people. . . I think if I'd been Catholic, sooner, it would have been different and I wouldn't be on this site, to be candid. When I was an Evangelical, we were STRONGLY discouraged from considering anyone with a marred past (unless perhaps it was something like chemical addiction that didn't involve promiscuity) or those with sexual experience, or divorced (that would include annulled), because we should be looking for virtuous women who had been on the missions field teaching or nursing and were coming home. . . seriously, it was very much like that. It was assumed that the singles of all ages were chaste and always had been or you were going straight to hell! I've had better opportunities with Catholic women since I joined the Church than I EVER did with the Evangelical community. . . there were long-term relationships, but there were always issues from my side or the lady's side based upon taboos, i.e. have you ever consumed too much alcohol, did you smoke cigarettes in college, etc. even if these were in the past---so I found it very difficult to sustain relationships when there was ALSO an air of much hypocrisy. . . (the longest term, a five year relationship that was off and on, resulted in my discovery of rampant infidelity in steady dating, but it was "away" from the hometown). The Catholic community seems much more forgiving and willing to accept people for what they are OR what they were and no longer are. . . since when is a 35-40 year old woman a futile beauty? Sheesh.

--hide--

I'll admit that I am pretty sure who she was talking to, and it was not you.

Dec 28th 2012 new
Dear Mods, Please rename this forum "Men, What's Wrong With You?" since at least half of Single Living threads cover this ground. Barring that put a sticky with this title at the top of this forum and allow the thread to grow indefinitely.
Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I'll admit that I am pretty sure who she was talking to, and it was not you.
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I'll admit that I am pretty sure who she was talking to, and it was not you.

--hide--

Its called, "reply and quote" for a reason, otherwise, it looks like a response to the most recent post---as in this case. . . it may not photograph here with green flourescent lights (all of my pictures) but my hair is reddish-brown---so its easy for me to get my Irish up. In that case, I apologize if your remarks, Kathi, were not aimed in my direction.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Patrick-872788 said: Dear Mods, Please rename this forum "Men, What's Wrong With You?" since at least half of...
(Quote) Patrick-872788 said: Dear Mods, Please rename this forum "Men, What's Wrong With You?" since at least half of Single Living threads cover this ground. Barring that put a sticky with this title at the top of this forum and allow the thread to grow indefinitely.
--hide--

Amen!

Posts 71 - 80 of 200