Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

A Prayer for the Divorced...

Dec 27th 2012 new

Wasn't exactly sure whether to place this in prayer support or here... but I ran across this gem in Lisa Duffy's book "Divorced. Catholic. What Next?" These thoughts seem to be especially appropriate this Christmas season when so many of us deal with displaced family relations. It touched me to the core, bringing out in concrete ways the heartbreaking inner turmoil we deal with, then pointing us towards true healing. I know I can't do this on my own, but with Our Lord's unfailing help & hope in us, anything's possible... biggrin

Would love to know if any of you have grappled with these thoughts & found either success or struggles?

His Peace my CM family... rose rose rose

Debbie

Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Replace the tension in us with a holy relaxation...

Replace the turbulence within us with a sacred calm...

Replace the anxiety within us with a quiet confidence...

Replace the fear within us with a strong faith...

Replace the bitterness within us with the sweetness of grace...

Replace the darkness within us with a gentle light...

Replace the coldness within us with a loving warmth...

Replace the night within us with your light...

Straighten our crookedness, fill our emptiness...

Dull the edge of our pride, sharpen the edge of our humility...

Light the fires of love, quench the flames of our lust...

Let us see ourselves as you see us

that we may see you as you have promised

and be fortunate according to your word:

"Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God (Mt. 5:8)

Dec 27th 2012 new

Well said, Debbie. AMEN!
Praying theheart

Dec 27th 2012 new
It's so straight to the point, thanks Debbie!

hug

Praying Praying theheart

Vylune
Dec 27th 2012 new

Thank you for posting this.

I have never seen this prayer before but I can testify to some of the "replacements" in my life through prayer and reflection. I will keep praying for rest of the graces as I know in His time I will be given them as well.

angel You have to have a test to have a testimony!!!

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: Thank you for posting this.I have never seen this prayer before but I can testify to some...
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

Thank you for posting this.

I have never seen this prayer before but I can testify to some of the "replacements" in my life through prayer and reflection. I will keep praying for rest of the graces as I know in His time I will be given them as well.

You have to have a test to have a testimony!!!

--hide--

Wow...! I love this Donna..!!! You have to have a test to have a testimony. Thank you. I'm going to remember that... biggrin

Some of those "replacements" have been happening in my life as well though it's been a pretty long process. It's nice to have the goals outlined so clearly... His Peace... rose rose rose

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Vylune-916426 said: It's so straight to the point, thanks Debbie! Vylune
(Quote) Vylune-916426 said: It's so straight to the point, thanks Debbie!

Vylune
--hide--

Thank you for the nice comment & prayers Vylune... What a beautiful name! rose rose rose

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Jim-872446 said: Well said, Debbie. AMEN!
(Quote) Jim-872446 said:

Well said, Debbie. AMEN!

--hide--

I thank you my friend... theheart

Peacing.... . . . . . .

Dec 27th 2012 new

Beautiful - a beatitude for the broken. And don't forget the serenity prayer - knowing what to accept, what to change, what to let go, what to hold on to...

Lisa's book Divorced, Catholic, Now What? is a great read and really helped in the early days of our split. I should revisit it now that I'm further away from ground zero.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: Wasn't exactly sure whether to place this in prayer support or here... but I ran across this...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

Wasn't exactly sure whether to place this in prayer support or here... but I ran across this gem in Lisa Duffy's book "Divorced. Catholic. What Next?" These thoughts seem to be especially appropriate this Christmas season when so many of us deal with displaced family relations. It touched me to the core, bringing out in concrete ways the heartbreaking inner turmoil we deal with, then pointing us towards true healing. I know I can't do this on my own, but with Our Lord's unfailing help & hope in us, anything's possible...

Would love to know if any of you have grappled with these thoughts & found either success or struggles?

His Peace my CM family...

Debbie

Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Replace the tension in us with a holy relaxation...

Replace the turbulence within us with a sacred calm...

Replace the anxiety within us with a quiet confidence...

Replace the fear within us with a strong faith...

Replace the bitterness within us with the sweetness of grace...

Replace the darkness within us with a gentle light...

Replace the coldness within us with a loving warmth...

Replace the night within us with your light...

Straighten our crookedness, fill our emptiness...

Dull the edge of our pride, sharpen the edge of our humility...

Light the fires of love, quench the flames of our lust...

Let us see ourselves as you see us

that we may see you as you have promised

and be fortunate according to your word:

"Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God (Mt. 5:8)

--hide--

Thank -you Debbie for a beautiful prayer to the Holy Spirit . Such glorious works the Spirit can perform if we but ask!!

Casey theheart rose theheart

Jan 5th 2013 new

Thanks for that prayer, I needed that today...mary

Posts 1 - 10 of 24