Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I asked her about commitment in October, and she turned me down, saying "we're not compa...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

I asked her about commitment in October, and she turned me down, saying "we're not compatible."
--hide--

Then why was she wasting your time?

A few years ago my young male cousin (late 20's) asked me what he should buy his girlfriend (of about 2 years) for Christmas. I said "an engagement ring". He looked at me like I was crazy and said "no, I don't want to marry her". Upon discussion he said he knew she was not the one. I asked why he was with her, and he responded he would stay until he found something better. I don't understand people sometimes. If someone knows for sure a person is not the one, why waste your and their time? That is so sad.

Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: Then why was she wasting your time? A few years ago my young male cousin (late 20&...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

A few years ago my young male cousin (late 20's) asked me what he should buy his girlfriend (of about 2 years) for Christmas. I said "an engagement ring". He looked at me like I was crazy and said "no, I don't want to marry her". Upon discussion he said he knew she was not the one. I asked why he was with her, and he responded he would stay until he found something better. I don't understand people sometimes. If someone knows for sure a person is not the one, why waste your and their time? That is so sad.

--hide--

It gets more difficult when someone's entire family likes the other person and applies collective pressure.
Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: It gets more difficult when someone's entire family likes the other person and applies collec...

It gets more difficult when someone's entire family likes the other person and applies collective pressure.
--hide--

Oooohhh yes. It certainly is easier when the family likes you and more difficult when they don't. I would give up if the man's family doesn't like me AND the man ALLOWS his family interfere. ALLOWS being the significant word. If that is the case, run, don't walk, to the nearest exit.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to au...
(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to automatically know what they want. And when I ask them about their expectations, they say things like "You should just know." I know from speaking with other men that my experiences are not unique.

Why do many women do that instead of speaking their minds to let their man know their wants and their needs?
--hide--

They are lousy communicators and don't understand much about human interaction. When you encounter this- Please move on and find someone who is ready to really communicate! Good observation. They could also be spoiled...as if someone already doted on their every want and on them, and inadvertently taught them something that is not true... Keep moving when you see this.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: (Quote) Josephine-586127 said: Then why was she wasting your time?...
Quote:
Josephine-586127 said:

--hide--

OKAY John---Since I can no longer send you any messages- I will add too that your new photo is very handsom.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: (Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women ...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said:
Quote:
John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to automatically know what they want. And when I ask them about their expectations, they say things like "You should just know." I know from speaking with other men that my experiences are not unique.

Why do many women do that instead of speaking their minds to let their man know their wants and their needs?

I do not have any problem communicating my wants, needs and desires.
--hide--

Me either. Good point Helen.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) John-220051 said: (Quote) Josephine-586127 said: <...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
John-220051 said:
Quote:
Josephine-586127 said:

OKAY John---Since I can no longer send you any messages- I will add too that your new photo is very handsom.

--hide--

Handsome.

Sorry about the misspelling... snowman

Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: OKAY John---Since I can no longer send you any messages- I will add too that your new photo is very han...

--hide--

Thank you for the compliment.
Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: OKAY John---Since I can no longer send you any ...
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

--hide--

Yes- excellent photo- you look great and don't let anyone else say oherwise!

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) John-220051 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: <...

Quote:
John-220051 said: [quote]Marian-83994 said:

--hide--

Yes- excellent photo- you look great and don't let anyone else say otherwise!

Sorry I have become lazy about any editing. I did nto used to be so- but I am hasty...

Posts 11 - 20 of 50