Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) John-220051 said: Thank you for the compliment.
(Quote) John-220051 said:

Thank you for the compliment.
--hide--

John. I love the new photo. I didn't even recognize you before.

Today must be a day for new photos.
Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: John. I love the new photo. I didn't even recognize you before. Today must be a ...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

John. I love the new photo. I didn't even recognize you before.

Today must be a day for new photos.
--hide--

Kudos to my sis' for taking a great pic.
Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to au...
(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to automatically know what they want. And when I ask them about their expectations, they say things like "You should just know." I know from speaking with other men that my experiences are not unique.

Why do many women do that instead of speaking their minds to let their man know their wants and their needs?
--hide--

Remind us, John, that you need things to be direct. Also, read The Five Love Languages. Find out what her's is. This is huge, understanding what 'fills' the other person, what shows her you love her. My friend's husband changes the oil in the car and washes it and now that she understands that is his special way of showing love for her vs. flowers for instance, she can respond accordingly to his loving acts. He, on the other hand, might 'work on' flowers for her because she would really feel love from that gesture.

Dec 28th 2012 new

That's not a good sign. To me, it means they are not secure and confident that what they want is the right thing, therefor they are unwilling to step forward and say what they want or need. Maybe I'm wrong. But it seems like it is easier when both people are crystal clear about what they want and need from a relationship.

Dec 28th 2012 new

They are playing a game. Don't talk to them.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to au...
(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to automatically know what they want. And when I ask them about their expectations, they say things like "You should just know." I know from speaking with other men that my experiences are not unique.

Why do many women do that instead of speaking their minds to let their man know their wants and their needs?
--hide--
Hi John wave I love your new profile picture. Stay true to who you are and the right woman will come along - good luck. Your smile speaks volumes. smile

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: John, a lot of women are highly intuitive. We pay attention to the details in mannerisms. It'...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

John, a lot of women are highly intuitive. We pay attention to the details in mannerisms. It's probably a maternal thing as we tend to babies that can't tell us what is wrong. So, when our spouse comes home from work tired, we see it before he tells us, and have him sit down while we get him a beverage. When our child is frustrated with homework, we know when to offer assistance or a much needed break. All these things we do without a second thought because we care.

It is disconcerting to not have someone see that we are tired or ill or need a break. It can seem that the other doesn't really care. I think this changes as we mature and have realize the differences between men and women. My son can't see a garbage can overflowing, instead it is a challenge to see how much he can teeter on the top. My husband couldn't read my emotions, and if I didn't tell him directly what I needed, he would pile more on top of me.

There is no right or wrong here and not everyone is the same. It is just one of the beautiful differences between the sexes. If men were concerned about how everyone was feeling, they would lose that edge needed to fight wars or protect their families or climb the corporate ladder. JMHO.

--hide--

Kathy,

Excellent post and very well written.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Dec 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: Hi John I love your new profile picture. Stay true to who you are and the right woman will come along - good ...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

Hi John I love your new profile picture. Stay true to who you are and the right woman will come along - good luck. Your smile speaks volumes.

--hide--

Thanks. I've had about five women write me since I changed my picture. LOL.
Dec 28th 2012 new
John,

Nice picture ( since every one is giving you compliment about it). It depends on the stage of life the woman is going through. If she just ended a relationship that was difficult, I don't think she wants something seriously. If she has gone through a good amount of time, which allowed her to think and discern what she wants, then she is crystal clear what she wants. It also depends on the person personality. If the person is reserve, they first need to get to know you to trust you to open up to you and share with you what she is looking for. If the person is open, she will tell you right and there what she wants.

Hope this helps you. Good luck
Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Thanks. I've had about five women write me since I changed my picture. LOL.
(Quote) John-220051 said:

Thanks. I've had about five women write me since I changed my picture. LOL.
--hide--
That is great - I hope you are writing them back - everyone deserves happiness and to seek it. See what a difference a smile makes smile a good profile picture will bring results - guys take note. My RIP (relationship in process) has a wonderful smile and that was like a magnet for me - I love a happy man and it shines through his smile.

Posts 21 - 30 of 50