Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 28th 2012 new

John,

Ouch, she should have told you before you got to that point, shame on her. She should not have been wasting your time.

Great picture, you look very relaxed and welcoming.

Best to you.

theheart

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to au...
(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to automatically know what they want. And when I ask them about their expectations, they say things like "You should just know." I know from speaking with other men that my experiences are not unique.

Why do many women do that instead of speaking their minds to let their man know their wants and their needs?
--hide--

I think it's part of maturing. I know that this was my attitude a few years ago, and I didn't realize that this type of expectation is unreasonable. How would another person be able to guess my expectations when I'm not even clear sometimes within myself what I want? Unfortunately though, there are many women who use this as a litmus test for the relationship. Not sure what is the answer is for your situation, but hang in there if you think she's the one for you! Perhaps you can try to draw out of her through conversation what her expectations are.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to au...
(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to automatically know what they want. And when I ask them about their expectations, they say things like "You should just know." I know from speaking with other men that my experiences are not unique.

Why do many women do that instead of speaking their minds to let their man know their wants and their needs?
--hide--

I don't expect anyone to be a mind reader..Maybe it's the type of women YOU are choosing.. Or maybe YOU aren't making your intentions clear.

Dec 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I think it's part of maturing. I know that this was my attitude a few years ago, and I d...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I think it's part of maturing. I know that this was my attitude a few years ago, and I didn't realize that this type of expectation is unreasonable. How would another person be able to guess my expectations when I'm not even clear sometimes within myself what I want? Unfortunately though, there are many women who use this as a litmus test for the relationship. Not sure what is the answer is for your situation, but hang in there if you think she's the one for you! Perhaps you can try to draw out of her through conversation what her expectations are.

--hide--

She's long gone.
Dec 28th 2012 new
(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to automaticall...

--hide--

HA!! John, go find you a choleric! She wont ever shut up! Just ask me!
Dec 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: HA!! John, go find you a choleric! She wont ever shut up! Just ask me!
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

--hide--

No more shy, prickly women for me.
Dec 28th 2012 new
Don't give up.You are a great catch.I can tell.
Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: HA!! John, go find you a choleric! She wont ever shut up! Just ask me!
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

--hide--

TRUE DAT! wink

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Kathy,Excellent post and very well written. Blessings, Leon
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Kathy,

Excellent post and very well written.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Thank you kindly, Leon. It took me a long while to learn this one.

Dec 28th 2012 new
(Quote) John-220051 said: No more shy, prickly women for me.
(Quote) John-220051 said:

No more shy, prickly women for me.
--hide--

Lol!! Must be why you have not viewed my profile!! wink wave
Posts 31 - 40 of 50