Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/28/2012 new
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: (Quote) John-220051 said: No more shy, prickly women for me. Lol!! Must be...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said:
Quote:
John-220051 said:

No more shy, prickly women for me.

Lol!! Must be why you have not viewed my profile!!
--hide--

I meant for the reader to see that I am NOT a "shy, prickly women!" wink wave
12/28/2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: ...they expect me to automatically know what they want ...they say things like "You should just know...
(Quote) John-220051 said: ...they expect me to automatically know what they want ...they say things like "You should just know."
--hide--

Catholic teaching calls this 'The Sin of Eve'. It is properly called 'Indignancy'. It is a form of Anger particular to the feminine. Eve thinking herself constrained by precepts, considers it noble and is elated by assuming a god-like status for herself. Every woman suffers from this in varying degrees except for the Blessed Virgin Mary, perfectly obedient and likewise inviolate. Adam; that is, men make the problem worse by attempting to over-please to Eve, principally by making excuses for himself, denying his own masculinity, denying the Truth, who is Jesus Christ. The sin here, committed by Adam is the sin of Presumption assuming he can purchase Eve's perfect love, a love she does even give perfectly to God. Adam avoids this reality by mis-appropriation, by blaming Eve, for his own faults. What a man must do is simply accept the burden of supporting Eve with the sustenance she requires, avoiding excesses, Eve should giving herself totally to the Adams in her life, saying, 'Yes' to masculinity. Only then will she develop obedience. Adam should pre-dispose himself to receiving such graces by a habit of patience until it becomes a strength, a virtue.

Realise how stupid it is for a woman to insist a man think like her and not she think of him. It is not only a folly, but an inversion of nature.

12/29/2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to au...
(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to automatically know what they want. And when I ask them about their expectations, they say things like "You should just know." I know from speaking with other men that my experiences are not unique.

Why do many women do that instead of speaking their minds to let their man know their wants and their needs?
--hide--

I agree with the majority of what is being said. A lot of conflict in a relationship can be saved if men and women knew the fact that both sexes communicate differently. The classic tale regarding this is as follows: A woman notice that the trash needed taking out. Instead of communicating this directly to her man, she implied, "Wow! The trash looks awfully full." The man agreed, saying, "So it is," and proceeded to pack it down further in the bag with his boot to make more space. "Problem solved," thought the man. The woman only seethed with resentment, which was written on her face. The man was taken aback, and with his hands out said, "What?!"

Many woman have a hard time communicating directly as they think that it would offend someone--I've experienced this in my personal and professional life. Men need direct communication and should to cultivate intuition.

That's my optimistic take on the situation.

The other way I could look at this is that it says to me that she doesn't know what she wants and makes it your chore to figure it out for her, John. In that case I couldn't tell anybody else what they want...

12/29/2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to au...
(Quote) John-220051 said: The one thing I don't understand about a few of the women who I have met is that they expect me to automatically know what they want. And when I ask them about their expectations, they say things like "You should just know." I know from speaking with other men that my experiences are not unique.

Why do many women do that instead of speaking their minds to let their man know their wants and their needs?
--hide--

Buy a dog. Develop a hobby. Forget women. They're nothing but aggravation and grief. wink

12/29/2012 new

I must be a woman from another planet, because I have the same problem with other women friends of mine. Sometimes when their upset, they just stop talking to you, and I have not idea what is going on. I can't read minds, I tell them. faint

12/29/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Buy a dog. Develop a hobby. Forget women. They're nothing but aggravation and gr...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Buy a dog. Develop a hobby. Forget women. They're nothing but aggravation and grief.

--hide--
David go suck a pickle - we are not laughing laughing

12/29/2012 new

I learned the hard way that men are not mind readers. Nor should they be. After 15 years of marriage, I now realize I need to be direct about what I do and don't want. Maybe she doesn't really know what she wants herself and is trying to put it on you.

12/29/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: David go suck a pickle - we are not
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

David go suck a pickle - we are not

--hide--

are too! tongue

12/29/2012 new

Most men (despite what they claim) can not handle directness and honesty.

12/29/2012 new
(Quote) Lynn-922010 said: Most men (despite what they claim) can not handle directness and honesty.
(Quote) Lynn-922010 said:

Most men (despite what they claim) can not handle directness and honesty.

--hide--

By directness, do you mean bluntness?
Posts 41 - 50 of 50