Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Random acts of kindness

Dec 27th 2012 new
scratchchin The Priest at my parish always asks for 'A Random Act of Kindness' as part of the penace when administering the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

Because he has been my Pastor for several years and before that I would occasionally go to Reconciliation with him at his previous assignment I can tell this penance has affected me in only positive ways. I remember wondering if that one counted when I first was assigned that penance. Recently in his Homily he talked about the random acts of kindness and explained his intent all along was to inspire us to be more like the saints, ESP St Therese the Little Flower.

For me I have added my own little rule for myself that only myself and God will know who I choose to do my random act of kindness for. It is my hope that sharing this during these days after Christmas I might inspire others to incorporate random acts of kindness in your daily life.... rose angel
Dec 27th 2012 new

Thanks, I've long been a fan of practicing RAK and this has just reminded me of that... definitely going to have to step it up in the new year! What a wonderful idea! biggrin

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: The Priest at my parish always asks for 'A Random Act of Kindness' as part of the penace when ad...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: The Priest at my parish always asks for 'A Random Act of Kindness' as part of the penace when administering the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

Because he has been my Pastor for several years and before that I would occasionally go to Reconciliation with him at his previous assignment I can tell this penance has affected me in only positive ways. I remember wondering if that one counted when I first was assigned that penance. Recently in his Homily he talked about the random acts of kindness and explained his intent all along was to inspire us to be more like the saints, ESP St Therese the Little Flower.

For me I have added my own little rule for myself that only myself and God will know who I choose to do my random act of kindness for. It is my hope that sharing this during these days after Christmas I might inspire others to incorporate random acts of kindness in your daily life....
--hide--
Doing random acts of kindness quietly and anonymously is as it should be. Your rule should apply to us all- no one needs to know but the Man Upstairs. The manager at our local Safeway recently told me about one of our Knights of Columbus members who passed away last summer. He would pick up needy families in our community, fill up their shopping carts and pay for it all. He did it quietly. Only his wife knew- none of us did. Years after my father passed away, my mom told me how he would deliver groceries to poor families. Only she knew. shhh theheart

Dec 28th 2012 new

[quote]Peter-449116 said:

Doing random acts of kindness quietly and anonymously is as it should be. Your rule should apply to us all- no one needs to know but the Man Upstairs.

Happy to know that I am not the only one to think that way!

Dec 28th 2012 new

This is a great idea for a new years resolution shhh

Dec 29th 2012 new
What a nice thing to do.....thanks for the reminder...
Posts 1 - 6 of 6