Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

02/20/2013 new

"If you want what we have, do what we do. And if you do what we do, you will have what we have."
From Fr Tim, but I think it comes from AA and works as well for enjoying the fruits of a Christian walk.

Also, again Fr Tim, speaking about the spectrum of liberal to conservative Catholics:

The Main Thing is to keep the Main Thing, the Main Thing.

02/20/2013 new

This is what we are about:
We plant seeds that one day will grow.
We water seeds already planted.
knowing that they hold future promise.
We lay foundations that will need further development.
We provide yeast that produce effects beyond our abilities.

We cannot do everything
and realizing that gives us a sense of liberation.
This enables us to do something and to do it very well.
It may be incomplete but it is a beginning, a step along the way,
an opportunity for God's grace to enter and do the rest.

We may never see the end results
but that is the difference between the master builder and the worker.
We are workers, not master builders,
ministers, not messiahs.
We are prophets of a future not our own.

~Archbishop Oscar Romero

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: “If you're approaching Him not as the goal but as a road, not as the end but as a mean...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

“If you're approaching Him not as the goal but as a road, not as the end but as a means, you're not really approaching Him at all.” ... C.S. Lewis

--hide--

LADIES TAKE NOTE: Wisdom, conservative Catholic, he cooks well, he loves the outdoors and he is as sweet as the deserts he makes. I am not sure why this man is still single. Someone needs to fix this ASAP.

02/22/2013 new

"Most children threaten at times to run away from home. This is the only thing that keeps some parents going."
~ Phyllis Diller

As a mom 5, I highly appreciate this quote laughing

02/22/2013 new
To move in passion and rest in reason, Kahil Gilbran
03/18/2013 new

Scars remind us of where we've been; they don't have to dictate where we're going. --Agent David Rossi, "Criminal Minds"

03/19/2013 new

"Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all." (Alfred Lord Tennyson)

03/19/2013 new

"Beware of the military-industrial complex" Dwight D. Eisenhower (1961)

(these are words LBJ should have listened to!)

03/19/2013 new

"Any jackass can kick down a barn....but it takes a carpenter to build one" Sam Rayburn (fames Speaker of the House)

03/19/2013 new

eyepopping ""Studies prove that men are very visual, and they respond more positively when they have something more to aid them in the process of making a decision." --- CM Management

Dang! Took me 67 years to learn that what my Dad and brothers really needed in life was a pictionary not a dictionary!!

Posts 151 - 160 of 200