Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 15th 2013 new
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: "The definition of insanity ... doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting di...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

"The definition of insanity ... doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results"!

Albert Einstein

--hide--

Suddenly I'm in the mood for an Einstein bagel.
Apr 17th 2013 new
'There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow.' Orison Marden
May 7th 2013 new

"When you judge someone, you don't define them, you define yourself."

"What we see in others is essentially a direct reflection of ourselves -- our projections, prejudices, insecurities. Anytime you judge someone, you reveal more about your own character than anything else."

"Bigotry and ignorance are the height of insecurity."

(Above directed to people who find it hard to see Christ in others...those who do not understand the multicultural aspect of Christianity...those who stereotype non-whites...those who don't embrace the belief that we all belong to one Body of Christ.) theheart Dove

May 7th 2013 new

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill (a tribute to Britain's Royal Air Force RAF for their bravery...fighting Germany from the air)

May 7th 2013 new

Seems like everywhere I go, the more I see the less I know.

May 14th 2013 new
Quotes from Padre Pio:

"If certain thoughts bother you, it is devil who causes you to worry, and not God, Who, being the spirit of peace, grants you tranquility."

"I understand that temptations seem to tarnish, rather than to purify the spirit; but let us hear what the saints have to say, and for that purpose it suffices to choose Saint Francis de Sales from among so many: 'Temptations are like soap, which, when spread over the clothes, seems to stain them, but in reality, purifies them'."
May 14th 2013 new

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe

May 15th 2013 new

Early is on time, On time is Late and Late is unacceptable. ~Grandpa Stan

God put us on this earth to acomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.

Those who say it cannot be done should not get in the way of the people doing it.

Life is not about waiting for the rain to stop. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

I don't miss him, I miss who I thought he was. ~Unknown

While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about. ~Angela Schwindt

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing--that's why we recommend it daily." — Zig Ziglar

I never said most of the things I said ~Yogi Berra

"The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice." Proverbs 12:15

Being in politics is like being a football coach. You have to be smart enough to understand the game, and dumb enough to think it's important. ~Eugene McCarthy

May 17th 2013 new
Lex Orandi, lex credendi. As we pray, so we believe. I like to think of this as reverence in actions and words, increase faith and reverence in one's heart.

Or...from Wikipedia: Lex orandi, lex credendi (Latin loosely translatable as "the law of prayer is the law of belief") refers to the relationship between worship and belief, and is an ancient Christian principle which provided a measure for developing the ancient Christian creeds, the canon of scripture and other doctrinal matters based on the prayer texts of the Church, that is, the Church's liturgy.
May 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Jessica-897416 said: A retreat I made almost five years ago, this quote was on the back of a young mans t-shirt and I really liked it.
"God assigns the duty to every man the dignity of every women."

-- Blessed John Paul II
LOVE THIS. Please re-post in the women's forum!!
Posts 181 - 190 of 200