Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 28th 2012 new

Humor simultaneously wounds and heals, indicts and pardons, diminishes and enlarges, it constitutes inner growth at the expense of outer gain, and those who possess and honestly practice it make themselves more through a willingness to make themselves less. -Louis Kronenberger

No one takes humor serious enough. -Monsignor John F. Huhmann

Dec 28th 2012 new

Some of my favorite quotes:

"Do or do not..there is NO try" - Yoda

"A government strong enough to give you everything you need, is strong enough to take everything you have" - Thomas Jefferson

"Go and preach the Gospel..use words if necessary" - St. Francis of Assisi

"Just remember..when you point a finger of blame at another, there are 3 fingers pointed back at YOU! " - Unknown

Dec 28th 2012 new

"Get a haircut. You look like a chrysanthemum."

P. G. Wodehouse

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Maggie-918313 said: "Get a haircut. You look like a chrysanthemum."P. G. Wodehouse
(Quote) Maggie-918313 said:

"Get a haircut. You look like a chrysanthemum."

P. G. Wodehouse

--hide--

That's a great one, Maggie.

A good architect can improve the looks of an old house merely by discussing cost of a new one. faint

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: "Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with exper...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

"Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Mark Twain

"A woman's heart must be so hidden in God that a man has to seek him to find her."

Maya Angelou

"My wife Mary and I have been married foe 47 years and not once have we had an argument serious enough to consider divorce; murder, yes, but divorce, never."

Jack Benny

--hide--
Love all three of these, but I'm borrowing the Maya Angelou quote!

Dec 29th 2012 new

One of the best labor saving devices of today is tomorrow. laughing Duncan Caldwell

Dec 29th 2012 new

"The three top reasons for murder in Tennessee are dogs, women (not necessarily wives), and boundaries."

A Tennessee Judge

- Elizabeth

Dec 29th 2012 new

"The sign of a good marriage is that everything is debatable and challenged. Nothing is turned into law or policy. The rules, if any, are known only to the two players, who seek no pubic trophies."

Unknown

- Elizabeth

Dec 29th 2012 new

There will always be a battle between the sexes because men and women want different things. Men want women and women want men. -George Burms laughing

Dec 29th 2012 new

Nice subject Meg.

I walk, I fall down, I get up. Meanwhile, I keep dancing. Hillel

The butterfly counts not months, but moments, and has time enough. Tagore.

Oh,woman lovely woman!

Nature made ye to temper man -

We had been brutes without you. Otway

The beauties of the beautiful

Are veiled before the blind,

Not so the graces and the bloom

That blossoms in the mind.

The beauties of the finest form

Are sentenced to decay;

Not so the beauties of the mind,

They never fade away. James Holman

....and to see for the first time, more than once. Unknown