Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: The Crosses we receive are of greater merit than the Crosses we choose. Author unknown
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: The Crosses we receive are of greater merit than the Crosses we choose. Author unknown
--hide--

"...at the very least we should be praising, Hashem (God) for every breath." Rav Scheinberger,

quoted in

LIGHTS FROM JERUSALEM
by Sara Yoheved Rigler

Dec 29th 2012 new
Aging wrinkles the body; quitting wrinkles the soul. Gen. Douglas MacArthur
Dec 29th 2012 new
Psalms 27:1, 7-8, 8-9 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear? The Lord is my life’s refuge; of whom should I be afraid? Hear, O Lord, the sound of my call; have pity on me, and answer me. Of you my heart speaks; you my glance seeks. Your presence, O Lord, I seek. Hide not your face from me; do not in anger repel your servant. You are my helper: cast me not off. I believe that I shall see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord with courage; be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.
Dec 30th 2012 new
Proverbs 19:21, Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) May-414643 said: Proverbs 19:21, Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
(Quote) May-414643 said: Proverbs 19:21, Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
--hide--

The rhythm of God's law is the gathering rhythm of song. It is set in great measures, not conflicting with human nature, but keeping time with it, and catching it up into its own torren of beauty as a pebble is caught up in a running stream. -The Passion of the Infant Christ by Caryll Houselander

Dec 30th 2012 new

"A tie is like kissing your sister."

Bear Bryant

- Elizabeth

Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Aging wrinkles the body; quitting wrinkles the soul. Gen. Douglas MacArthur
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Aging wrinkles the body; quitting wrinkles the soul. Gen. Douglas MacArthur
--hide--

Good one Meg.

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's easy to say, 'I love you,' to someone, but it's more meaningful to thank someone for loving you. - Jon Bon Jovi

Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Peris-866694 said: Good one Meg. To laugh often and much; to win the respect of in...
(Quote) Peris-866694 said:

Good one Meg.

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's easy to say, 'I love you,' to someone, but it's more meaningful to thank someone for loving you. - Jon Bon Jovi

--hide--

Peris, I especially love the one from Emerson. Thank you....

Dec 30th 2012 new

"...the slenderest knowledge that may be obtained of the highest things is more desirable than the most certain knowledge obtained of lesser things," St. Thomas Aquinas

"Denying God's existance in order to solve the problem of evil is like...cutting off your head to stop a nosebleed." - Scott Hahn

Dec 30th 2012 new

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to decive.
Walter Scott

Posts 51 - 60 of 200