Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

01/01/2013 new

"Watch it run in slow motion."

youtu.be

01/03/2013 new

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
~ Ansel Adams

Not All There~

I turned to speak to God,
About the world’s despair;
But to make bad matters worse,
I found God wasn’t there.

God turned to speak to me
(Don’t anybody laugh)
God found I wasn’t there—
At least not over half.

~ Robert Frost

01/03/2013 new

You have to go through a few flakes before you can find a
nugget
quote from me Michael

01/03/2013 new

"Statistically, people who have the most birthdays live the longest" - author unknow

Asking my son what he learned today in Kindergarten, "I have no idea" - Gary's son

01/03/2013 new
"One of the happiest moments ever, is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change." - unknown

"There are far, far better things ahead than any we have left behind." - C.S. Lewis

"What's meant to be will always find a way." - unknown

"You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it." - unknown

"Distance doesn't ruin a relationship. Doubts do." - unknown

"Never stop believing in hope because miracles happen everyday." - unknown
01/03/2013 new

(Quote) Melissa-155765 said: "One of the happiest moments ever, is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't c...
(Quote) Melissa-155765 said: "One of the happiest moments ever, is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change." - unknown

"There are far, far better things ahead than any we have left behind." - C.S. Lewis

"What's meant to be will always find a way." - unknown

"You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it." - unknown

"Distance doesn't ruin a relationship. Doubts do." - unknown

"Never stop believing in hope because miracles happen everyday." - unknown
--hide--

I love these, Melissa...thanks!

01/06/2013 new
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I love these, Melissa...thanks!
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

I love these, Melissa...thanks!

--hide--

You're welcome, Meg. biggrin Here's more beautiful quotes from the novel "Sand And Water Galley" by Anabelle Hazard...

There is always a happy ending to every story that comes from God.

We cant look back and change the past. We can only live in Gods will in the present. As for the future, Romans 8:20 says that we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him.

Funny how we can plan our lives to the last detail but then Gods plan takes over and the thing is, it always winds up so much better.

With God, everything is possible and nothing is coincidence.

Gods sense of timing is not always in accordance with our own but when He leads, the best choice is to follow Him.
01/06/2013 new

If your in politics and need a friend,go buy a dog.
Harry Truman

01/06/2013 new

"Only in self-giving does man find himself, and only by opening himself up to the other, to others, to children, to the family, only by letting himself be changed through suffering, does he discover the breadth of his humanity."
- Benedict XVI (Dec. 21, 2012)

01/06/2013 new

"Let us drink to the last drop the chalice of pain in this poor present life. What does it matter to suffer for ten years, twenty, fifty... if afterwards there is heaven for ever, for ever... for ever?

And, above all — rather than because of the reward, propter retributionem — what does suffering matter if we suffer to console, to please God our Lord, in a spirit of reparation, united to him on his Cross; in a word: if we suffer for Love?..."

St Josemaria Escriva

Posts 71 - 80 of 200