Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Feb 23rd 2013 new

People looking at this thread and scratchchin ... stop scratchchin , get away from that computer, and come on out to this event! It is a great way to spend a few days of fun and fellowship with a nice group of Catholic singles in a casual, no-pressure atmosphere. This will be the 8th "official" CM Get-together I've attended. People at these events are always welcoming, friendly, and happy to meet new friends from around the country.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

I'm about a 3 hour drive from Phx, so it might be fun to come down and meet some of you! Do you have a schedule of activities?

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Julie-947107 said: I'm about a 3 hour drive from Phx, so it might be fun to come down and meet some of you! Do y...
(Quote) Julie-947107 said:

I'm about a 3 hour drive from Phx, so it might be fun to come down and meet some of you! Do you have a schedule of activities?

--hide--

Hi, Julie, and welcome to the forums and to CM-Phoenix! The full schedule of activities should be coming out very soon, check both here in this thread and on the CM Event page (under the dropdown "More" at the top of the screen) in the coming days. There will probably be some sort of meet-and-greet in Scottsdale on Friday evening, a road trip to Sedona on Saturday, and the Mass and some other activities in Phoenix on Sunday. Stay tuned for more details!

Feb 23rd 2013 new

FIRST POST ALERT!! Please do come down Julie!! We love the small town mountain folk in our big, desert city.

Feb 24th 2013 new

Hi Joan. I will probably be coming in on Thursday late afternoon and had actually hoped to "do" Camelback. This month or last month Arizona Highways magazine had a special article on hiking Camelback. I'm slow but have endurance. So maybe Friday morning...As soon as we hear from Lina about the hotel etc., I'll make final plans.

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Sherry-939230 said: Hi Joan. I will probably be coming in on Thursday late afternoon and had actually hoped to "...
(Quote) Sherry-939230 said:

Hi Joan. I will probably be coming in on Thursday late afternoon and had actually hoped to "do" Camelback. This month or last month Arizona Highways magazine had a special article on hiking Camelback. I'm slow but have endurance. So maybe Friday morning...As soon as we hear from Lina about the hotel etc., I'll make final plans.

--hide--

I believe we are planning on doing a hike on Friday but haven't decided where. Camelback is quite strenuous so I want to get a feel from the rest of the group.

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: I believe we are planning on doing a hike on Friday but haven't decided where. Ca...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

I believe we are planning on doing a hike on Friday but haven't decided where. Camelback is quite strenuous so I want to get a feel from the rest of the group.

--hide--

I might be up for a hike on Friday Sunrise ... if I don't go to the kiddie train-park to see the model railroad displays

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: I believe we are planning on doing a hike on Friday but haven't decided where. Ca...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

--hide--

Hi Joan, when you say "we" who are you referring to? I didn't know there were any official activities planned for Friday until Friday night reception. I am actually in the process of planning what I want to do Thursday afternoon and Friday. Thursday night will be wandering around Scottsdale Old Town for the art galleries, stores, etc. with possibly dinner thrown in. Do we know what time the Friday night reception starts - and I assume it is at the Holiday Inn Express since they have a nightly manager's reception with drinks and snacks, but not sure that has been stated anywhere yet. I'm not a hiker, although I am a walker. But, definitely wouldn't be hiking up a mountain - yikes!

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: I might be up for a hike on Friday ... if I don't go to the kiddie train-park to see...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

I might be up for a hike on Friday ... if I don't go to the kiddie train-park to see the model railroad displays

--hide--

Michael, the train displays at the kiddie train-park will not take very long. We can stop there AND go hiking biggrin. You might even want to ride the train at the kiddie train-park ($1.00). wink

Feb 24th 2013 new

Joan had suggested a restaurant in Cave Creek, which looks to be really nice for Friday night's dinner. Just learned someone's coming into town around dinnertime, so I'm thinking of scheduling dinner for maybe 6:30-7pm. This will leave time for enjoying the hotel's free Happy Hour beforehand.

Since a number of people are coming in before Friday, I would like to chat with Joan regarding pre-Event possibilities. Today I've been working on our time in Sedona. It's coming along!!

Posts 111 - 120 of 453