Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Ooooh, Michael, just think of all the "LOCKS" you'll get on this trip!!
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Ooooh, Michael, just think of all the "LOCKS" you'll get on this trip!!

--hide--

Am I missing something here? LOCKS? What does that mean?

Feb 25th 2013 new

Have any of you noticed that our CM Phoenix/Sedona Event is appearing on the CM Home Page clap (on a rotating basis with the other 3 events).

Since I am the only one who posted a comment on the Events page, it looks like I am going by myself ot CM Phoenix - yikes!eyepopping

Please, somebody/anybody, post a comment on the CM Phoenix/Sedona Events page (it's lonely there by myselfsad ).

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Ooooh, Michael, just think of all the "...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Quote:
Beverly-649723 said:

Ooooh, Michael, just think of all the "LOCKS" you'll get on this trip!!

Am I missing something here? LOCKS? What does that mean?

--hide--
Tricia--it's a "double entendre" & play on words...Happy to bring you up to date! wink

Michael enjoys being the person who makes the final 200th post in a Forum thread, and thereby "earns the Lock" on the thread.

For a couple of weeks, there has been mention of him "hovering over" unrelated threads, just waiting to get his "lock" count up--and thus he has been associated with the words "dreaded lock", or as some have teased him, "dreadlocks".

My comment is a play on words, since with 7 women, there would indeed be a lot of "locks" of hair--but I think he'll also get the more subtle ribbing about his fascination for getting the "lock" on Forum threads!

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Tricia--it's a "double entendre" & play on words...Happy to bring you up to d...

Tricia--it's a "double entendre" & play on words...Happy to bring you up to date!

Michael enjoys being the person who makes the final 200th post in a Forum thread, and thereby "earns the Lock" on the thread.

For a couple of weeks, there has been mention of him "hovering over" unrelated threads, just waiting to get his "lock" count up--and thus he has been associated with the words "dreaded lock", or as some have teased him, "dreadlocks".

My comment is a play on words, since with 7 women, there would indeed be a lot of "locks" of hair--but I think he'll also get the more subtle ribbing about his fascination for getting the "lock" on Forum threads!

--hide--

Thank you for that explanation, Beverly. I never would have figured it out! And, thanks for posting a comment in the Events page!

Feb 25th 2013 new

Hi Joan,

When you say mountain climbing are you talking steep rugged trail or inch by inch rock climbing? I'm ok with steep and rugged but not the type of climbing that requires safety gear. I think though if we're looking to get several people to participate, a nice moderate, scenic trail might be best. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people and seeing the rebounders from CM Phoenix Fall. The activities are not of primary importance for me. Whatever is available will be just fine.

Dan

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-882797 said: I'm looking forward to... seeing the rebounders
(Quote) Dan-882797 said: I'm looking forward to... seeing the rebounders from CM Phoenix Fall.

--hide--
Dan, darling, are you implying some of us oldtimers are "on the rebound"? wide eyed Put me kangaroo down sport! wink

Feb 26th 2013 new

Does anyone have any suggestions for an activity/tour to do on Friday (not starting out too early) and not ending too late (as there will be reception/dinner) other than hiking (no offense to the hikers). I would like to see more of the area, but not sure what might be available (places that we won't be going to for the rest of the weekend).

One place that has been recommended to me is Taleisin West (the Frank Lloyd Wright retreat). Would anyone be interested in going there during the day on Friday?Sunrise

Are there any Native American museums/art galleries in the area? pinata

Or any type of tour that would be say a 3-4 hour tour/event in Phoenix or surrounding area (not a whole day away like our Sedona excursion)?

If any of you from Arizona have any suggestions, I would be happy to hear them! biggrin Thank you!:hug

Feb 26th 2013 new
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Dan, darling, are you implying some of us oldtimers are "on the rebound"?

Dan, darling, are you implying some of us oldtimers are "on the rebound"?

--hide--

Ha ha ha ha eyepopping
Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Candace-587406 said: Joan: Is Camelback off 7th street? I lived in the Promontory Pointe Apartments when I lived in...
(Quote) Candace-587406 said:

Joan: Is Camelback off 7th street? I lived in the Promontory Pointe Apartments when I lived in Phoenix. There was a great trail across the street from me, but I don't remember what it was called???
--hide--
That's North Mtn Park, isn't it? Not far from me....

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Does anyone have any suggestions for an activity/tour to do on Friday (not starting out too ear...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for an activity/tour to do on Friday (not starting out too early) and not ending too late (as there will be reception/dinner) other than hiking (no offense to the hikers). I would like to see more of the area, but not sure what might be available (places that we won't be going to for the rest of the weekend).

One place that has been recommended to me is Taleisin West (the Frank Lloyd Wright retreat). Would anyone be interested in going there during the day on Friday?

Are there any Native American museums/art galleries in the area?

Or any type of tour that would be say a 3-4 hour tour/event in Phoenix or surrounding area (not a whole day away like our Sedona excursion)?

If any of you from Arizona have any suggestions, I would be happy to hear them! Thank you!hug:

--hide--

Here is a link which describes the tours available at Taliesin West. There are several to choose from including a desert walk of the area (for all of you walkers/hikers). It really looks good to me, and so I will likely do one or two of the tours (they are offered at different times during the day) on Friday morning/early afternoon. Taliesin West is about 14 miles from the hotel we are staying at, so would be a bit expensive to take a taxi back and forth (about $34-35 each way). So, if anyone is interested in doing this Friday morning (say leaving the hotel about 10AM to get there for 10:30 or 10:45 tours), please let me know. It would be good to share a taxi, or if someone with a car wants to go - even better!

www.franklloydwright.org

Posts 131 - 140 of 453