Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

02/26/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Here is a link which describes the tours available at Taliesin West. There are several ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Here is a link which describes the tours available at Taliesin West. There are several to choose from including a desert walk of the area (for all of you walkers/hikers). It really looks good to me, and so I will likely do one or two of the tours (they are offered at different times during the day) on Friday morning/early afternoon. Taliesin West is about 14 miles from the hotel we are staying at, so would be a bit expensive to take a taxi back and forth (about $34-35 each way). So, if anyone is interested in doing this Friday morning (say leaving the hotel about 10AM to get there for 10:30 or 10:45 tours), please let me know. It would be good to share a taxi, or if someone with a car wants to go - even better!

www.franklloydwright.org

--hide--

And, there is a very good restaurant called Blue Adobe located about 1 1/2 miles from Taleisin West which might work for lunch on Friday (especially if you want to do 2 tours, but eat lunch inbetween as most tours run 90 minutes and some tours are only offered twice a day and so there would be an hour or more time gap between the 2 tours.) Sunrise

02/26/2013 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: That's North Mtn Park, isn't it? Not far from me....
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

That's North Mtn Park, isn't it? Not far from me....

--hide--

Thanks Lina. I'm not sure of the name. I remember the first time I walked it, I couldn't reach the top. As I got in better shape, I was able to and I felt so proud of myself. :)
02/26/2013 new

Bev, as long as we "oldtimers" bound and don't bind, all is good!!! Looking forward to seeing you! I may be able to get some good (and possibly free) seats at the D-backs game for Thursday (I think that's the day discussed) if some are still interested. I know several people who have season tickets and don't always have time to get to Phoenix.

02/26/2013 new

(Quote) Dan-882797 said: Bev, as long as we "oldtimers" bound and don't bind, all is good!!! Looking forward t...
(Quote) Dan-882797 said:

Bev, as long as we "oldtimers" bound and don't bind, all is good!!! Looking forward to seeing you! I may be able to get some good (and possibly free) seats at the D-backs game for Thursday (I think that's the day discussed) if some are still interested. I know several people who have season tickets and don't always have time to get to Phoenix.

--hide--
Dan the man!!! I think there were at least 5 people interested in a ball game Thursday. How many tickets could you manage?

02/27/2013 new
Okay... I am planning on coming in on Wednesday sometime and leaving Sunday. I think I am going to drive, as it is not far enough to fly.

Not sure of plans for Wednesday/Thursday/Friday but the game sounds good to me Thursday night. I am kind of thinking of seeing my neice at some point during the Pre-CM (she lives in Queen Creek), and perhaps a hike, spa day or hitting some balls at a driving range sounds good...it's vacation after all and this time I am not planning on bringing my work along! One of my friends from college lives in Scottsdale so I may connect with her as well. So much to do and so little time!

So looking forward to seeing old friends, making new friends, and enjoying the Arizona Spring! If anyone needs a lift from Orange County, let me know...

Many thanks again to Lina! Arizona here we come!
02/27/2013 new
Dan... did you just use the word "oldtimers"... you must be confused with people in that old western mining town we went to last time! Certainly not us youngsters!
02/27/2013 new

(Quote) Dan-882797 said: I may be able to get some good (and possibly free) seats at the D-backs game for Thursday (I think that&#...
(Quote) Dan-882797 said: I may be able to get some good (and possibly free) seats at the D-backs game for Thursday (I think that's the day discussed) if some are still interested. I know several people who have season tickets and don't always have time to get to Phoenix.

--hide--
Bow Dan, that's terrific if you are able to obtain the tickets from your clients! If they are not comp'ed, I am happy to pay you back. If they are comp'ed, then a kraut-dog and beverage are on me, okay? I think so far interest in the game is: Brenda, Janet, Bev, Allen, Michael, yourself, and possibly Peggy (if she can get the day off).

scratchchin Will I be safe if I wear my Giants cap? Or is that just too smug? baseball You get a Gold Star!

02/27/2013 new
(Quote) Dan-882797 said: Bev, as long as we "oldtimers" bound and don't bind, all is good!!! Looking forward to seeing you! ...
(Quote) Dan-882797 said:

--hide--

I want to go to the baseball game....sounds like fun!
02/27/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Dan, that's terrific if you are able to obtain the tickets from your clients! If they are n...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Dan, that's terrific if you are able to obtain the tickets from your clients! If they are not comp'ed, I am happy to pay you back. If they are comp'ed, then a kraut-dog and beverage are on me, okay? I think so far interest in the game is: Brenda, Janet, Bev, Allen, Michael, yourself, and possibly Peggy (if she can get the day off).

Will I be safe if I wear my Giants cap? Or is that just too smug?

--hide--

If there aren't enough tickets to meet the demand, it isn't a big thing for me to go to the ballgame. Funny, I just got a call the other night from a friend I haven't heard from in a few months, and he has Twins tickets that same weekend and asked if I was interested laughing

My backpack and I arrive around noon on Thursday, trying to keep it light... maybe not even any hiking boots shocked

02/27/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Does anyone have any suggestions for an activity/tour to do on Friday (not starting out too ear...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for an activity/tour to do on Friday (not starting out too early) and not ending too late (as there will be reception/dinner) other than hiking (no offense to the hikers). I would like to see more of the area, but not sure what might be available (places that we won't be going to for the rest of the weekend).

One place that has been recommended to me is Taleisin West (the Frank Lloyd Wright retreat). Would anyone be interested in going there during the day on Friday?

Are there any Native American museums/art galleries in the area?

Or any type of tour that would be say a 3-4 hour tour/event in Phoenix or surrounding area (not a whole day away like our Sedona excursion)?

If any of you from Arizona have any suggestions, I would be happy to hear them! Thank you!hug:

--hide--

Taleisin West is a good idea. There is also the Heard Museum and Phoenix Art Museum in downtown Phoenix. Too bad we can't go hiking AND go to Taleisin West on Friday. Whatever you decide I am sure it will be worth your time and money.

Posts 141 - 150 of 453