Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Thanks, Kevin, I think you're right that it's either Red Rock State Park or was...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Thanks, Kevin, I think you're right that it's either Red Rock State Park or was it Slide State Park? Are you coming to Phoenix?

--hide--

I'm glad to help.

I'm sorry I won't be able to attend the Phoenix gathering.

I hope you, and all, have a great time.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: I'm glad to help. I'm sorry I won't be able to attend the Phoenix gath...
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

I'm glad to help.

I'm sorry I won't be able to attend the Phoenix gathering.

I hope you, and all, have a great time.

--hide--

Thank you, Kevin!hug

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Thanks, Kevin, I think you're right that it's either Red Rock State Park or was...

Thanks, Kevin, I think you're right that it's either Red Rock State Park or was it Slide State Park? Are you coming to Phoenix?

--hide--

Tricia, we probably won't be going to SLide Rock State Park. IT is a little northeast of Sedona, on the way to Flagstaff and more of a summer time swimming hole. Red Rock State Park is likely where we will go, if we go to a State Park (there is a $6.00 entrance fee per car). I have not heard from Lina either. She must be busy. I wouldn't worry too much about what to do in Sedona; it really is about the amazing red rocks in the natural setting. Bring your camera (or camera phone) and plan on taking lots of photos. THere are walking trails all over among the Red Rocks that don't require entrance to a State Park. Google "vortices in Sedona" and you will see lots of photos of interesting places we can walk to from a parking lot. Just window shopping at Telpauqie (spelling is definitely wrong) can take all day! And stopping at the Red Rocks Chapel takes quite a while because it is always so crowded. I guess I don't have any concerns because I live in AZ and have been to Sedona many times.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: Tricia, we probably won't be going to SLide Rock State Park. IT is a little north...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

Tricia, we probably won't be going to SLide Rock State Park. IT is a little northeast of Sedona, on the way to Flagstaff and more of a summer time swimming hole. Red Rock State Park is likely where we will go, if we go to a State Park (there is a $6.00 entrance fee per car). I have not heard from Lina either. She must be busy. I wouldn't worry too much about what to do in Sedona; it really is about the amazing red rocks in the natural setting. Bring your camera (or camera phone) and plan on taking lots of photos. THere are walking trails all over among the Red Rocks that don't require entrance to a State Park. Google "vortices in Sedona" and you will see lots of photos of interesting places we can walk to from a parking lot. Just window shopping at Telpauqie (spelling is definitely wrong) can take all day! And stopping at the Red Rocks Chapel takes quite a while because it is always so crowded. I guess I don't have any concerns because I live in AZ and have been to Sedona many times.

--hide--

Thanks for all this info, Joan, it is very helpful! Yes, those of us coming from out-of-town, especially those of us who have never been to Phoenix or Scottsdale or Sedona really appreciate more information. I know I do as then I can look it up online or in a guidebook! Sedona sounds fascinating to me! Will I need special shoes in order to walk around these rocks? Will birkenstock sandals do? Or do I need closed laceup "gym/walking" shoes? In the city here in the summer, I can walk anywhere (and for miles) in my Birkenstocks, but not sure about walking around/on rocks/trails? Thanks for all of the good advice!!!hug

Feb 27th 2013 new

Folks, when I started this thread, I was just putting out "feelers" to see whether people would be interested in another Phx event.
The response was gratifyingly positive!

So I started working out a wknd scheme of things. I have it sketched out on paper, & posted that sketch on the Events page.
I am still working at fleshing out details. I like to be organized and step-by-step, presenting a complete picture at one time for all to know. I don't feel comfortable or organized if I present info piecemeal.

The hotel business was moved to this Friday, when I work only part of the day. I will be able to go to Scottsdale & take care of the discount business then. The manager said she'll have a discount code set up by Monday, at which time I will message all the CMers who will need hotel rooms, and I will give the code and explain the procedure for securing the hotel room.

I am still working out the itinerary for the day in Sedona. The town is slightly over 2 hours north of Phx, and the timeline for everything is a bit of a challenge to configure. I work on this as I am able, considering the other responsibilities and demands in my life.

Once the schedule is complete, I will post it and the corresponding links and instructions on the Events page. biggrin

Feb 27th 2013 new

You are amazing doing all that you have - thank you so much! I'm sure that whatever is tentatively planned will work out. I wish I could say let me help with planning but being so far away I probably wouldn't be much help. Don't knock yourself out completely...I think we can all roll with things when we get there if stuff still needs planning. Thanks again, Lina, so much! I can't wait.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Thanks for all this info, Joan, it is very helpful! Yes, those of us coming from out-of...

Thanks for all this info, Joan, it is very helpful! Yes, those of us coming from out-of-town, especially those of us who have never been to Phoenix or Scottsdale or Sedona really appreciate more information. I know I do as then I can look it up online or in a guidebook! Sedona sounds fascinating to me! Will I need special shoes in order to walk around these rocks? Will birkenstock sandals do? Or do I need closed laceup "gym/walking" shoes? In the city here in the summer, I can walk anywhere (and for miles) in my Birkenstocks, but not sure about walking around/on rocks/trails? Thanks for all of the good advice!!!

--hide--

I would bring Birkenstocks, but also closed toed walking shoes.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Folks, when I started this thread, I was just putting out "feelers" to see whether peopl...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Folks, when I started this thread, I was just putting out "feelers" to see whether people would be interested in another Phx event.
The response was gratifyingly positive!

So I started working out a wknd scheme of things. I have it sketched out on paper, & posted that sketch on the Events page.
I am still working at fleshing out details. I like to be organized and step-by-step, presenting a complete picture at one time for all to know. I don't feel comfortable or organized if I present info piecemeal.

The hotel business was moved to this Friday, when I work only part of the day. I will be able to go to Scottsdale & take care of the discount business then. The manager said she'll have a discount code set up by Monday, at which time I will message all the CMers who will need hotel rooms, and I will give the code and explain the procedure for securing the hotel room.

I am still working out the itinerary for the day in Sedona. The town is slightly over 2 hours north of Phx, and the timeline for everything is a bit of a challenge to configure. I work on this as I am able, considering the other responsibilities and demands in my life.

Once the schedule is complete, I will post it and the corresponding links and instructions on the Events page.

--hide--

Thanks Lina, you are AWESOME!! If you need help let me know! biggrin biggrin

Feb 27th 2013 new

Okay, am I hallucinating or is anyone else having a Scottsdale ad that shows a rather attractive man and woman in very skimpy bathing suits appearing in the upper right corner of the All Forums home page intermittently (where the ads appear). It is rather, um how shall I say it, provocative. There are candles floating in the water around them with steam/smoke rising up above the candles, and in the upper right corner it says "Set the Mood". Is this because CM put the ad up or because I've done a lot of searches about Scottsdale and so it only appears on my CM page (like they appear on hotmail home pages, etc.)? Does anybody know? I'm rather shocked to see this on CM.eyepopping And, yes, I looked again, and it appeared again (I couldn't believe my eyes.)embarassed

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Okay, am I hallucinating or is anyone else having a Scottsdale ad that shows a rather attractiv...

Okay, am I hallucinating or is anyone else having a Scottsdale ad that shows a rather attractive man and woman in very skimpy bathing suits appearing in the upper right corner of the All Forums home page intermittently (where the ads appear). It is rather, um how shall I say it, provocative. There are candles floating in the water around them with steam/smoke rising up above the candles, and in the upper right corner it says "Set the Mood". Is this because CM put the ad up or because I've done a lot of searches about Scottsdale and so it only appears on my CM page (like they appear on hotmail home pages, etc.)? Does anybody know? I'm rather shocked to see this on CM. And, yes, I looked again, and it appeared again (I couldn't believe my eyes.)

--hide--

yup, due to your google searches. I keep getting ads for "Pink Jeep Tours of Sedona".... and employment search sites listing HR openings in Tampa/St Pete, FL and Alexandria, LA scratchchin

I also get a lot of ads for CM when I'm on you-tube laughing

Posts 161 - 170 of 453