Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: yup, due to your google searches. I keep getting ads for "Pink Jeep Tours of Se...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

yup, due to your google searches. I keep getting ads for "Pink Jeep Tours of Sedona".... and employment search sites listing HR openings in Tampa/St Pete, FL and Alexandria, LA

I also get a lot of ads for CM when I'm on you-tube

--hide--

I finally got the courage up to click on the ad to see whose it was. It was from the Scottsdale bureau and convention center. Geez, what a steamy ad - who would have thought it! I'm not sure I care for this invasion of privacy on the internet and then placing it on CM boggled

Does CM have to agree to having these ads appear on their site?

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I finally got the courage up to click on the ad to see whose it was. It was from the Sc...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I finally got the courage up to click on the ad to see whose it was. It was from the Scottsdale bureau and convention center. Geez, what a steamy ad - who would have thought it! I'm not sure I care for this invasion of privacy on the internet and then placing it on CM

Does CM have to agree to having these ads appear on their site?

--hide--

this comes up a lot in the forums, when people find ads that they find objectionable.

Here is a quote from a CM staffer, when Lina asked about it four months ago,

" Google serves our advertisements and unfortunately on occasion one or two will slip through that do not work well with the site. If you can give me a bit more information about the advertisement, I can block the ad so that it will never appear on the site again. If you can right click on the advertisement and select the option to copy the url and then sent it to us in a help ticket, this would be most helpful. If you know what the advertisement was for, we MIGHT be able to locate it that way, but the url is the most important piece of the puzzle"

Feb 28th 2013 new
Hi Lina,

You are the ultimate vacation planner... thanks for everything you are doing for us. Whatever you plan is going to be great... I am so looking forward to it! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
Feb 28th 2013 new

Spread the word! Invite others to CM Phx!

My list shows 9 out-of-staters definitely attending; 3 out-of-staters undecided; 4 in-state CMers undecided; and 5 locals who will join at some point for some activities. Woo-hoo!

But there's still room for more. Maybe this is the opportunity for you to emotigram that certain someone you are kinda-sorta interested in and invite them to this group activity, which may be a great way to get to know him/her in a "safe" way, to see whether some sparks might develop... lovestruck! Who knows?

stir the pot! Its getting cold!

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Spread the word! Invite others to CM Phx!My list shows 9 out-of-staters definitely attendi...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Spread the word! Invite others to CM Phx!

My list shows 9 out-of-staters definitely attending; 3 out-of-staters undecided; 4 in-state CMers undecided; and 5 locals who will join at some point for some activities. Woo-hoo!

But there's still room for more. Maybe this is the opportunity for you to emotigram that certain someone you are kinda-sorta interested in and invite them to this group activity, which may be a great way to get to know him/her in a "safe" way, to see whether some sparks might develop... Who knows?

--hide--

I just had a couple messages back and forth from a CMer in Tucson who may show up for at least part of the event (and I'm looking forward to meeting her in person), so hoping she contacts you soon!

Mar 1st 2013 new

I sent 30 emotigrams today to locals within 150 mi of me (both male & female) to stir up more interest in the event.
We'll see what comes of that!

Mar 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I sent 30 emotigrams today to locals within 150 mi of me (both male & female) to stir up more interest in th...

I sent 30 emotigrams today to locals within 150 mi of me (both male & female) to stir up more interest in the event.
We'll see what comes of that!

--hide--

It should be a very fun weekend!!!!
Mar 1st 2013 new

Look on the Events page---updated information and site links are now posted!

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Look on the Events page---updated information and site links are now posted!

Look on the Events page---updated information and site links are now posted!

--hide--

There is an absolutely fantastic itinerary of events planned for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on the Events Page,and, of course, wonderful CM people coming in from all over the country in addition to the local CM members (who are also wonderful - especially for doing the planning and driving!).You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star!

Take a look if you are at all interested! We especially need more good CM men to sign up as right now I think it's over 2 womenCowGirl CowGirl per mancowboy (good odds for you guys!)

And, if you're not looking for a date, come for the great friendships that will be formedhug , and the fun events:baseball , and the good meals we will have dining outbeer ,goldfish

What are you waiting for? Add your name to the Events Page , and send Lina a message. come join us in Phoenix/Scottsdale/Sedona!

Mar 3rd 2013 new

Hi all,

Regarding the D-Backs tickets, I'll be checking this week to see how many free tickets I can get. I was out of town and busy last week. Sounds like we have at least 5 interested at this point. I'm going to shoot for 10 tickets. The weekend sounds fantastic. Thanks again to our travel agent Lina. What a great itinerary. Thanks also to everyone who has done research on activities prior to the "official" event. And yes, I believe I did say oldtimers but it was all in fun! Bev, we oldtimers will protect you from any Giant Killers. We'll fend em off with our canes.

Can't wait to see you all!

Dan

Posts 171 - 180 of 453