Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jan 31st 2013 new

Well, so far it's looking like I'll have to skip my Chicago trip to say farewell to my high school... sad
If that becomes a 'for sure' no, then we can make CM Phx in the Spring that last wknd of April.
I'll make the decision in the next 2 weeks. crossfingers

Feb 1st 2013 new

I am a definite go for anytime from last w/end in April through May. I have been through Arizona on I-40, but never to Phoenix. So I'll be very excited to join all of you. hyper hyper hyper I will still be praying for you to make the Chicago trip.

Feb 1st 2013 new

FWIW, the Cactus league is in March.

Feb 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) Lina-796057 said: Aw, dang! Colossal Cave in Tucson, Kartchner Caverns in Benson, and the Grand ...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:
Quote:
Lina-796057 said:

Aw, dang! Colossal Cave in Tucson, Kartchner Caverns in Benson, and the Grand Canyon Caverns outside of Kingman were all the targeted tourist spots, Brenda!

How about bouncing around on a Pink Jeep tour in Sedona's red rocks?

Sure bouncing around on a Pink Jeep sounds like fun....I may have to sit it out in the snack shop if there is another cave though....remember I tend to not like caves......lol
--hide--
Hey I did the Pink Jeep tour when I was in Sedona in May 2009 (my, has it been almost 4 years?) I took one of the 'milder' tours but it was still fun. I recommend it. biggrin
Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-915897 said: FWIW, the Cactus league is in March.
(Quote) Andrew-915897 said:

FWIW, the Cactus league is in March.

--hide--
That's out of my league! Hey, you can set up a get-together for that! The more that are organized, the more opportunities for various people to meet! Why am I talking in exclamations!

Feb 14th 2013 new

HERE IT IS, PEOPLE--THE PLAN FOR CM PHX IN THE SPRING:

When: Friday-Sunday, April 26-28, 2013

FRIDAY: Please arrive by 3pm to get the party started! Today will be for mingling & getting to know each other; enjoy the Happy Hour at the hotel with free beverages and light snacks; dinner; then back to hotel for more laughter, talk, maybe games, and relaxing.

SATURDAY: Leave early for Sedona; eat breakfast there (one restaurant boasts serving 85 different types of omelets!). Afterwards, depending on the size of the group and its preferences, we can split up and partake of a number of activities--Jeep tour, Segway tour, wander the shops, Tlaquepaque, Red Rock State Park, drive through Oak Creek Canyon. Later, we'll go to Chapel of the Holy Cross, and decide where to have dinner.

SUNDAY: Mass, lunch, visit Desert Botanical Gardens, then "hang time" tbd.

How does this sound?

To secure a discount for the hotel, and perhaps make reservations in Sedona, I would appreciate hearing by Feb 28 from those who are interested.

Let's have fun!

Feb 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: HERE IT IS, PEOPLE--THE PLAN FOR CM PHX IN THE SPRING:When: Friday-Sunday, April 26-28, 2013
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

HERE IT IS, PEOPLE--THE PLAN FOR CM PHX IN THE SPRING:

When: Friday-Sunday, April 26-28, 2013

FRIDAY: Please arrive by 3pm to get the party started! Today will be for mingling & getting to know each other; enjoy the Happy Hour at the hotel with free beverages and light snacks; dinner; then back to hotel for more laughter, talk, maybe games, and relaxing.

SATURDAY: Leave early for Sedona; eat breakfast there (one restaurant boasts serving 85 different types of omelets!). Afterwards, depending on the size of the group and its preferences, we can split up and partake of a number of activities--Jeep tour, Segway tour, wander the shops, Tlaquepaque, Red Rock State Park, drive through Oak Creek Canyon. Later, we'll go to Chapel of the Holy Cross, and decide where to have dinner.

SUNDAY: Mass, lunch, visit Desert Botanical Gardens, then "hang time" tbd.

How does this sound?

To secure a discount for the hotel, and perhaps make reservations in Sedona, I would appreciate hearing by Feb 28 from those who are interested.

Let's have fun!

--hide--

I am very interested in this trip....sounds like a lot of fun....
Feb 15th 2013 new

clap clap Count me in, Lina! hyper heartbeat

Feb 15th 2013 new

Hi Lina, I might be interested in this! Are you staying both nights at hotel in Phoenix or one night in Phoenix and one night in Sedona? And, in terms of flying in if I decided to do this, where would hotel be in relation to main Phoenix airport? I would not be renting a car, so would look for some kind of transportation to/from hotel (perhaps free hotel shuttle?) Thanks!

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Hi Lina, I might be interested in this! Are you staying both nights at hotel in Phoenix or one ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Hi Lina, I might be interested in this! Are you staying both nights at hotel in Phoenix or one night in Phoenix and one night in Sedona? And, in terms of flying in if I decided to do this, where would hotel be in relation to main Phoenix airport? I would not be renting a car, so would look for some kind of transportation to/from hotel (perhaps free hotel shuttle?) Thanks!

--hide--

I just checked R/T airfare and the best price (and nonstop to boot) arrives Phoenix about 12:30pm on Friday and would depart Sunday at Midnight (a redeye) meaning getting to the airport at 10PM Sunday night which I think would be fine. What time would activites windup on Sunday? Sedona looks really intriguing (Chapel of the Holy Cross and Tlaquepaque, etc.). I've never been to Phoenix or Sedona (just throught the Phoenix airport on way down to Mexico). Would like to know hotel and hotel prices ASAP (or at least rough estimate) to determine if this is feasible for me. THANKS!

Posts 21 - 30 of 453