Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Janet-62904 said: Lea, Bev is meeting me here and we are driving there together if you'd like to join us. You o...
(Quote) Janet-62904 said: Lea,

Bev is meeting me here and we are driving there together if you'd like to join us. You only live about 20 minutes from me. If you are interested, we are leaving Newport Wednesday morning, and returning Sunday. Message me if you are interested... we have 2 more seats in the car!

And heh... if we could find them, the caves Dan describes are on the way... I think???

It's going to be fun!
--hide--

When I saw this post in the stream, I thought you were driving from Newport, RI! Or maybe Newport, DE - a little closer... laughing laughing laughing

Mar 16th 2013 new
Jerry.... very funny! Newport as in Beach... like the next state over from California... and only about 6 hours away by car. Funny...it is closer than driving to Northern California... and well worth the drive, as it is a reunion for those of us that attended last year, and an opportunity to meet more CM friends. Can't wait!
Mar 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Janet-62904 said: Jerry.... very funny! Newport as in Beach... like the next state over from California... and only about 6 hours aw...
(Quote) Janet-62904 said: Jerry.... very funny! Newport as in Beach... like the next state over from California... and only about 6 hours away by car. Funny...it is closer than driving to Northern California... and well worth the drive, as it is a reunion for those of us that attended last year, and an opportunity to meet more CM friends. Can't wait!
--hide--

I am thinking it is time for a CM California next I could spend a week visiting the ocean there at Newport Beach!!!! So gorgeous!!!!!
Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I am thinking it is time for a CM California next I could spend a week visiting the ocean there ...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I am thinking it is time for a CM California next I could spend a week visiting the ocean there at Newport Beach!!!! So gorgeous!!!!!
--hide--

Brenda, I lived in Redondo Beach (suburb of LA) for a few years in the mid-80's and also spent a lot of time there in 2003-04 when I was dating a gentleman who lived there, so California is a bit of a second home for me. And, although I've never been to Newport Beach, I'm sure it's as wonderful as some of the other places up and down the coast such as Laguna Beach, San Diego (and Oceanside), San Francisco (and Sausalito), and Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach (where I lived). A CM gathering anywhere on the California Coast would be fun! The best weather time out there I think starts in mid-late summer (as the beaches can be foggy through June - called June gloom) and goes through the fall into December (until the winter temps start hitting). So, perhaps a California person would want to step up to the plate and think about planning something?

Mar 16th 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Brenda, I lived in Redondo Beach (suburb of LA) for a few years in the mid-8...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Brenda, I lived in Redondo Beach (suburb of LA) for a few years in the mid-80's and also spent a lot of time there in 2003-04 when I was dating a gentleman who lived there, so California is a bit of a second home for me. And, although I've never been to Newport Beach, I'm sure it's as wonderful as some of the other places up and down the coast such as Laguna Beach, San Diego (and Oceanside), San Francisco (and Sausalito), and Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach (where I lived). A CM gathering anywhere on the California Coast would be fun! The best weather time out there I think starts in mid-late summer (as the beaches can be foggy through June - called June gloom) and goes through the fall into December (until the winter temps start hitting). So, perhaps a California person would want to step up to the plate and think about planning something?

--hide--

I was blessed last fall, Janet invited me to fly into Newport Beach and drive to CM Phoenix with her. If I had more time for this mini vacation I would be visiting Janet again this time.

There is actually a very funny, true story about my first night there, I had my first ride on a car ferry, got wet up to my knees from the ocean and fell into the sand after I got wet all in my first evening visiting Janet......definitely on my list to go back! Hopefully in the fall.....
Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-882797 said: Hello Lea,Have you been to Mitchell Caverns? They're just off I-40 between Barstow, CA ...
(Quote) Dan-882797 said:

Hello Lea,

Have you been to Mitchell Caverns? They're just off I-40 between Barstow, CA and Needles CA. They're probably a 3 1/2 hour drive from you. They're quite magnificent but not many people know about them. Google it sometime, if you haven't been there I really recommend them and they're not that far from you. Great display of stallactites and stallagmites. I hope you can join everyone at the Phoenix event. Lina has a really great itinerary planned.

God Bless!

Dan

--hide--

Hi Dan,

I haven't been to Mitchell Caverns, honestly haven't heard of it. Thank you so much for your recommendation/info. I will add that to my listbiggrin About the Phoenix meet up, I hope I can join everyone as well. But l have to give myself sometime to make a decision, as I have other plans already lined up for April. In any case, I wish you all a safe journey to those places. May God bless and protect you all.Praying

Take care,
Lea

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Lea, all of the details are on the CM Event Page (under More) as CM Phoenix/S...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Lea, all of the details are on the CM Event Page (under More) as CM Phoenix/Sedona. That said, the event officially starts Friday, April26 - Sunday, April 27 but some people are coming in on Wednesday, the 24th or Thursday the 25th. Hope you join us!
!

--hide--

Patricia, thanks for the info...I already checked on it. God bless. smile Praying

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Janet-62904 said: Lea, Bev is meeting me here and we are driving there together if you'd like to join us. You o...
(Quote) Janet-62904 said: Lea,

Bev is meeting me here and we are driving there together if you'd like to join us. You only live about 20 minutes from me. If you are interested, we are leaving Newport Wednesday morning, and returning Sunday. Message me if you are interested... we have 2 more seats in the car!

And heh... if we could find them, the caves Dan describes are on the way... I think???

It's going to be fun!
--hide--

Hi Janet, it's nice of you to invite me to join you and Bev on a driving trip to Phoenix. Thank you for your kind heart. I need sometime to think about it and when I made my final decision I will let you know...will send you PM. God bless. Praying theheart

Lea

Mar 17th 2013 new
Brenda... the blessings were mine, as we finally met after years of being friends on this site! You know you are welcome anytime!
Mar 17th 2013 new
Hi Tricia...

I am thinking of planning something... not sure when. I was going to do it in the spring to get those that attended the CM Phoenix event (and others) together again, but many, many thanks to Lina... we are meeting again in Arizona! I will plan it, but not making any date commitments yet. I'm not worried about June Gloom at all, as it normally burns off by noon. Even when it is cloudy, there are many fun things to do, and 95 percent of the time the weather is perfect.

Keep checking back... it may be in the fall. Summertime is just too busy with tourists... See you soon!
Posts 231 - 240 of 453