Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

03/17/2013 new
(Quote) Janet-62904 said: Hi Tricia... I am thinking of planning something... not sure when. I was going to do it in the spr...
(Quote) Janet-62904 said: Hi Tricia...

I am thinking of planning something... not sure when. I was going to do it in the spring to get those that attended the CM Phoenix event (and others) together again, but many, many thanks to Lina... we are meeting again in Arizona! I will plan it, but not making any date commitments yet. I'm not worried about June Gloom at all, as it normally burns off by noon. Even when it is cloudy, there are many fun things to do, and 95 percent of the time the weather is perfect.

Keep checking back... it may be in the fall. Summertime is just too busy with tourists... See you soon!
--hide--

If it makes any difference it will be fall before I could plan to travel to California again....maybe around October?
03/17/2013 new

Hi Janet,

As you know, I'd be interested in anything in So. Cal. just about anytime. It's a hop, skip and a jump for me (well maybe not quite but it's close enough). With the group we have interested in the Phoenix gathering, I'm sure something in your area would be very well attended. Fall would probably be good to shoot for. Maybe we can all kick it around in Phoenix in April?

God bless!

Dan

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) Janet-62904 said: Hi Tricia... I am thinking of planning something... not sure when. I was going to do it in the sp...
(Quote) Janet-62904 said: Hi Tricia...

I am thinking of planning something... not sure when. I was going to do it in the spring to get those that attended the CM Phoenix event (and others) together again, but many, many thanks to Lina... we are meeting again in Arizona! I will plan it, but not making any date commitments yet. I'm not worried about June Gloom at all, as it normally burns off by noon. Even when it is cloudy, there are many fun things to do, and 95 percent of the time the weather is perfect.

Keep checking back... it may be in the fall. Summertime is just too busy with tourists... See you soon!
--hide--

Hi Janet, good that you will be planning something. I might be interested if it was in the fall, but not too late as I leave November 30 for a month in Puerto Vallarta! (And, I would really have to be on a budget as I normally don't travel this much, I would have to save lot of pennies two cents before then!) That said, I would really like to get back to Redondo Beach, if only for a day, as it is/was a second home to me and I do have one or two friends there and in Marina del Rey that I haven't seen for almost 10 years!

03/17/2013 new

I posted this on the Events page, but just to let people know that, unfortunately, I may have to cancel my Phoenis trip! I will know for sure later this week.

03/17/2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I posted this on the Events page, but just to let people know that, unfortunately, I may have to cancel my Ph...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I posted this on the Events page, but just to let people know that, unfortunately, I may have to cancel my Phoenis trip! I will know for sure later this week.

--hide--

Oh no! Why?
03/18/2013 new

Hi Janet,

I think you would probably take I-10 to Phoenix from where you are. You could take I-40 but I think it's a bit further that way. Mitchell Caverns are very easy to find. They're not too far off I-40 about 1/2 way between Barstow and Needles. If you did come that way maybe you could stay Wednesday evening in Havasu instead of Phoenix and I could show you all around Havasu a little then we could head for Phoenix. Mitchell Caverns would be a good place to break your trip up since they're about half way to Havasu from where you live. Something to think about.

03/18/2013 new

Hi Tricia,

I hope you're able to come. You've done such a great job of getting us all enthused and have provided great information on many of the activities. I hope it all works out.

Dan

03/19/2013 new

(Quote) Dan-882797 said: Hi Tricia, I hope you're able to come. You've done such a great job of getting us al...
(Quote) Dan-882797 said:

Hi Tricia,

I hope you're able to come. You've done such a great job of getting us all enthused and have provided great information on many of the activities. I hope it all works out.

Dan

--hide--

Thanks for the kind words, Dan, but I won't be coming to CM Phoenix. I do hope that everyone has a wonderful time in Scottsdale and Sedona!

03/22/2013 new
(Quote) Dan-882797 said: Hi Janet,I think you would probably take I-10 to Phoenix from where you are. You could take I-40 but I th...
(Quote) Dan-882797 said:

Hi Janet,

I think you would probably take I-10 to Phoenix from where you are. You could take I-40 but I think it's a bit further that way. Mitchell Caverns are very easy to find. They're not too far off I-40 about 1/2 way between Barstow and Needles. If you did come that way maybe you could stay Wednesday evening in Havasu instead of Phoenix and I could show you all around Havasu a little then we could head for Phoenix. Mitchell Caverns would be a good place to break your trip up since they're about half way to Havasu from where you live. Something to think about.

--hide--

Thanks Dan for your kind offer... we want a rain check! We are all still figuring out the dates/times/etc., but Brenda is flying into Phoenix on Wednesday, so we are meeting her there. There may need to be a CM Lake Havasu! I know it is fun there as we used to go there to water ski...

Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the Phoenix in the Fall gang soon... and meeting all the new CMers!

Lena... I am sure glad you planted the thought seed... we are all so looking forward to the trip! Thanks again!!!
03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Thanks for the kind words, Dan, but I won't be coming to CM Phoenix. I do...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Thanks for the kind words, Dan, but I won't be coming to CM Phoenix. I do hope that everyone has a wonderful time in Scottsdale and Sedona!

--hide--

Tricia, I am very sorry that you aren't able to come. You have put alot of time/effort in planning your trip I hope you will reconsider. If not, enjoy your time, wherever you are.

Posts 241 - 250 of 453