Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Mar 30th 2013 new
(Quote) Dan-882797 said: Hi all,I'm seeing some discussion about Friday activities. I'll throw one out there for considera...
(Quote) Dan-882797 said:

Hi all,

I'm seeing some discussion about Friday activities. I'll throw one out there for consideration.

There's a thoroughbred horse track (Turf Paradise) not too far from where we'll be staying . They have racing there beginning at 1:00 and it will probably go until 4 or 5. We could go whatever time we wanted and leave when we decide we've had enough. I didn't check the admission price but I believe it's not more than $5. I met a young man recently at a youth camp I participate in who trains horses there. If there's interest I could contact him to see if he could get us into the barn area before or after the races. Let me know who might be interested as soon as you can so I can contact him. You sun worshippers may want to retreat to some shade and air conditioning fairly early in the afternoon. The Phoenix sun is pretty intense in the afternoon even in April. You can sit inside (air conditioning) or outside at Turf Paradise and they serve lunch there as well.

I've got to go see how my Ohio State Buckeyes are doing in the Elite Eight game against Wicita State. I know no one cares but just thought I'd mention it. It's a March Madness thing!

I hope you all have a blessed Easter. He is Risen!!!!

Dan

--hide--
that sounds like a lot of fun, ESP since I really don't tan......I want to swim but not bake myself to a crisp....lol
Mar 31st 2013 new
Hi Dan,

That sounds like fun! I may be meeting my niece on Friday somewhere... maybe she would come too, or I could meet her for breakfast... she lives in Queen Creek. Count me in! Even if we can't get in early, it would be fun to see the races. I'm not a sun worshiper... it brings more wrinkles, and I have enough of them from smiling!

See you all soon!

Janet
Mar 31st 2013 new
(Quote) John-34848 said:
I saw this lynx right beside my residence in early March. Still the same amount of snow ...
(Quote) John-34848 said:

I saw this lynx right beside my residence in early March. Still the same amount of snow today. I wonder if I should bring him with me to Phoenix? Nice kitty!

See you soon!

--hide--

What would you do if you were out walking and saw that? Yikes!
Mar 31st 2013 new

No "sun worshipping" allowed! smile

Is anybody interested in visiting the St. Joseph Shrine in Yarnell AZ (about 1 hour drive from the hotel)? www.stjoseph-shrine.org on Friday? Just another possibility.

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) John-34848 said:
I saw this lynx right beside my residence in early March. Still the same am...
(Quote) John-34848 said:

I saw this lynx right beside my residence in early March. Still the same amount of snow today. I wonder if I should bring him with me to Phoenix? Nice kitty!

See you soon!

--hide--
Nice kitty, John! Looks a lot like my "local kitty", the mountain lion, but yours' has those cute little ear tufts, and is a bit chunkier than our lean and mean kitties... laughing

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: No "sun worshipping" allowed! Is anybody interested in visiting the St. Josep...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

No "sun worshipping" allowed!

Is anybody interested in visiting the St. Joseph Shrine in Yarnell AZ (about 1 hour drive from the hotel)? www.stjoseph-shrine.org on Friday? Just another possibility.

--hide--
Joan, the video on that site was really inspiring! It looks like a great place to visit, and even better for a spiritual retreat...

The web site said that it's 2 hours from Phoenix?

Jeepers, now I'm torn! Mountain retreat, thoroughbred horses, relaxing by the pool,architectural tour, dawn hike up a mountain....Soooo many great choices! scratchchin faint

Apr 1st 2013 new

scratchchin Hmm, sounds like a CM Phx in the Summer and Phx in the Fall will be needed.....

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Joan, the video on that site was really inspiring! It looks like a great place to visit, and ev...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Joan, the video on that site was really inspiring! It looks like a great place to visit, and even better for a spiritual retreat...

Jeepers, now I'm torn! Mountain retreat, thoroughbred horses, relaxing by the pool,architectural tour, dawn hike up a mountain....Soooo many great choices!

--hide--

Not to mention See's chocolate and the kiddie train park!

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Not to mention See's chocolate and the kiddie train park!
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Not to mention See's chocolate and the kiddie train park!

--hide--

Yes Michael, you WILL get to go to See's Candy and the kiddie train park. Some of the See's Candy shops are seasonal and the one in the Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall is no longer there, so I will make sure that we get you to one that is open biggrin.

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Joan, the video on that site was really inspiring! It looks like a great place to visit, and ev...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Jeepers, now I'm torn! Mountain retreat, thoroughbred horses, relaxing by the pool,architectural tour, dawn hike up a mountain....Soooo many great choices!

--hide--

By the time you drive from the hotel in Scottsdale to Yarnell it might be close to 2 hours. I just know that it is not as far as Prescott and Prescott is 2 hours (with ME driving the usual 10 mph over the limit). Just thought I would throw this out there for the early arrivals.

Posts 271 - 280 of 453