Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: By the time you drive from the hotel in Scottsdale to Yarnell it might be close to 2 ...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

By the time you drive from the hotel in Scottsdale to Yarnell it might be close to 2 hours. I just know that it is not as far as Prescott and Prescott is 2 hours (with ME driving the usual 10 mph over the limit). Just thought I would throw this out there for the early arrivals.

--hide--

I'm arriving on Tuesday evening. Thursday would be a good day for me for this trip. I will have a vehicle. It would be nice to have company/navigator(s) for the trip. Thursday evening is also the baseball game.

wave

Apr 2nd 2013 new

Joan,

The Shrine looks like a great place to visit if we have time. I'm thinking Lina's right, we have enough material here for a couple more Phoenix meet ups. The shrine might be a great option if it turns out to be really hot. It looks on the map like Yarnell is a bit lower in elevation than Prescott but higher than Phoenix? It should be cooler there than in Phoenix especially for those not used to higher temps. Lots of good options here.

Dan

Apr 2nd 2013 new

Joan, I might be interested. I might just have to wait until Friday morning to see what the choices are and what I really feel like doing. But this does sound nice!

I will not try to bring one of the elk calves that are in my front yard. Doesn't do well with John's lynx....

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) John-34848 said: I'm arriving on Tuesday evening. Thursday would be a good day for me for this trip. I w...
(Quote) John-34848 said:

I'm arriving on Tuesday evening. Thursday would be a good day for me for this trip. I will have a vehicle. It would be nice to have company/navigator(s) for the trip. Thursday evening is also the baseball game.

--hide--
I'm flying in Wednesday afternoon, so maybe it will work out for several of us to go to the Shrine.

scratchchin Question is, John, do you drive like "Leadfoot" Joan ( wide eyed ), so we can be assurred of getting back in time for the baseball game? wink

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: I'm flying in Wednesday afternoon, so maybe it will work out for several of us to go to the...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

I'm flying in Wednesday afternoon, so maybe it will work out for several of us to go to the Shrine.

Question is, John, do you drive like "Leadfoot" Joan ( ), so we can be assurred of getting back in time for the game?

--hide--

laughing Actually, I might be the other way since I drive here in metric. When our speed limit in town says 60, it means 60km/hr or roughly 40miles/hour. However I am multilingual in driving langauage..lol

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: Yes Michael, you WILL get to go to See's Candy and the kiddie train park. Some of...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

Yes Michael, you WILL get to go to See's Candy and the kiddie train park. Some of the See's Candy shops are seasonal and the one in the Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall is no longer there, so I will make sure that we get you to one that is open .

--hide--

hyper

any antique shops around that old town Scottsdale area, near the hotel?

Apr 6th 2013 new
Did somebody say 'antique shops'... :) I would love to find some too!
Apr 6th 2013 new

There are all sorts of artsy shops in downtown Scottsdale. I'll see what I can find. They'll most likely be on the pricier end of the scale.
However, downtown Glendale is an antique mecca--we can squeeze that in either before Saturday, or on Sunday if people don't want the Botanical Garden.

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: any antique shops around that old town Scottsdale area, near the hotel?
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

any antique shops around that old town Scottsdale area, near the hotel?

--hide--

What a diverse group!! No antique shops in Scottsdale, only art galleries. Downtown Scottsdale does have a "vintage" vibe going on though. Downtown Glendale is the antique mecca for the valley but it has fallen on hard times because of the economy; not a lot of $$ left over to spend on "antiques". Wouldn't be a bad place to visit if you are into antiques but antiques are not as plentiful here as they are in the midwest. Most everything is imported from the east and therefore pricier.

Apr 8th 2013 new

Bump! only 16 shopping days until CM-Phoenix/Scottsdale/Sedona :cactus:

Posts 281 - 290 of 453