Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Hi Lina, I might be interested in this! Are you staying both nights at hotel in Phoenix or one ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Hi Lina, I might be interested in this! Are you staying both nights at hotel in Phoenix or one night in Phoenix and one night in Sedona? And, in terms of flying in if I decided to do this, where would hotel be in relation to main Phoenix airport? I would not be renting a car, so would look for some kind of transportation to/from hotel (perhaps free hotel shuttle?) Thanks!

--hide--

I just checkedwww.booking.com which is the best site I know of for finding amazing hotel deals. I cannot believe how inexpensive Phoenix hotels are (at least compared to Chicago downtown hotel prices)! And, many of the hotels have free 24 hr. airport shuttle which would be great for me (or anyone else flying in). It looked like there were several hotels in which the total price for 2 nights (not for each night, but both together) was $145 or less (not sure if that included tax though) and some of these included free breakfast as well and a pool! I saw a Hilton, a Hampton, etc. If you want to look at these hotels just put in Phoenix and the dates and when the list comes up - then sort by price to show the cheapest prices first. However, they do seem to be located in different areas of the city - airport, downtown, north, south so wasn't sure which area you would decide to stay in. Anyhow, my initial impression is that I might be able to do this!

Feb 15th 2013 new

Yay for your interest! A number of hotels offer free airport shuttle service, Patricia, but depending on how it all goes, I have no problem coming to pick people up and take them to the hotel. I have a particular one in mind, but I'd like to get a possible number of CMers for Phx in the Spring before I talk with them about a discount.

Driving to and from places, Patricia, will be taken care of by me and another local who will attend who said he'd not mind providing transportation. From several of the CM Phx in the Fall attendees, I was told that they'd prefer FEWER activities and more hang-time just to chat, so I planned this event along those lines--while still giving out-of-towners a chance to experience AZ too. So, to me, Sunday is a fairly relaxed and open day. We had gone to the Desert Botanical Gardens in the fall & everyone loved it and talked about coming back in the springtime when wildflowers would be in bloom, so I slated that for Sunday after lunch. We might have some in the group who don't want to go there, so Sunday's wind-down is pretty much open. If people go, I'd say we be done by dinnertime.

Hope this helps!

Feb 15th 2013 new

Yay for Helen, Bev, Allen & Brenda!

Boo for party-poop Student Patrick.

Feb 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Yay for your interest! A number of hotels offer free airport shuttle service, Patricia, but depending on how it...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Yay for your interest! A number of hotels offer free airport shuttle service, Patricia, but depending on how it all goes, I have no problem coming to pick people up and take them to the hotel. I have a particular one in mind, but I'd like to get a possible number of CMers for Phx in the Spring before I talk with them about a discount.

Driving to and from places, Patricia, will be taken care of by me and another local who will attend who said he'd not mind providing transportation. From several of the CM Phx in the Fall attendees, I was told that they'd prefer FEWER activities and more hang-time just to chat, so I planned this event along those lines--while still giving out-of-towners a chance to experience AZ too. So, to me, Sunday is a fairly relaxed and open day. We had gone to the Desert Botanical Gardens in the fall & everyone loved it and talked about coming back in the springtime when wildflowers would be in bloom, so I slated that for Sunday after lunch. We might have some in the group who don't want to go there, so Sunday's wind-down is pretty much open. If people go, I'd say we be done by dinnertime.

Hope this helps!

--hide--

How far is the drive to Sedona? You might get better hotel rates if the whole weekend is one hotel? Plus those of us traveling would have to repack each of the nights.....
Feb 15th 2013 new

Sedona is just a day trip, about 1.5hrs from Phx. We won't be staying overnight there.

Feb 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Sedona is just a day trip, about 1.5hrs from Phx. We won't be staying overnight there.
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Sedona is just a day trip, about 1.5hrs from Phx. We won't be staying overnight there.

--hide--

Ah ok I misunderstood thought we were staying overnight there
Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: How far is the drive to Sedona? You might get better hotel rates if the whole weekend is one hot...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

How far is the drive to Sedona? You might get better hotel rates if the whole weekend is one hotel? Plus those of us traveling would have to repack each of the nights.....
--hide--

Brenda, would you be flying in for this, too? I think it would be a very far drive from Oklahoma to Phoenixeyepopping .

Feb 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Brenda, would you be flying in for this, too? I think it would be a very far drive from Oklahoma to P...

Brenda, would you be flying in for this, too? I think it would be a very far drive from Oklahoma to Phoenix .

--hide--

Yes I am planning on flying in. It was a lot of fun last fall!
Feb 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Yes I am planning on flying in. It was a lot of fun last fall!
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Yes I am planning on flying in. It was a lot of fun last fall!
--hide--

I do have another Georga road trip planned for the summer though
Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Brenda, would you be flying in for this, too? I think it would be a very far drive from...

Brenda, would you be flying in for this, too? I think it would be a very far drive from Oklahoma to Phoenix .

--hide--
wave Pat--or is it Trisha?? scratchchin

Anyway, I flew in last time from Sacramento CA, and Lina arranged for me to be picked up at the airport by another CM woman, who then drove us both to the first event/dinner on Friday night. The hotel that the out-of-towners stayed at was not at the airport, but only 10-15 minutes away. The hotel rate for my single King room was about $70/nite, and there were Suites available, which others got and shared. Though not a 5 You get a Gold Star! hotel, it was centrally located and had a complimentary breeakfast, nacks, hor d'oeuvres, wine, and fireplace lobby. There was a pool for laps. Never checked out if there was an exercise room, but I think there was. There was a park within walking distance for a morning jaunt. This may be what Lina had in mind... Course, if another better place comes to light, I'm all for exploring that, too! wink

Yes, the trip was VERY affordable, and the company OUTSTANDING! Lina put a lot of effort into our transportation needs, but the other "local" attendees really took care of us! I may go for a couple of "extra days" to join up with another Fall attendee, and rent a car, so you will have coverage.

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!! hyper hyper crossfingers

Posts 31 - 40 of 453