Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Kevin-40666 said: So he's now known as a sort of modified pied piper ?
(Quote) Kevin-40666 said:

So he's now known as a sort of modified pied piper ?

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

--hide--
Let's see , scorpions are friendly in AZ??? I am looking for an income tax free state to semi retire in but the scorpions in AZ are scaring me away!

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Joyce-891806 said: Let's see , scorpions are friendly in AZ??? I am looking for an income tax free state to semi...
(Quote) Joyce-891806 said:

Let's see , scorpions are friendly in AZ??? I am looking for an income tax free state to semi retire in but the scorpions in AZ are scaring me away!

--hide--
AZ is not an income-tax-free state. Nevada is, for one. I live next to the Phx Mountain Preserve, so my area has more scorps than other zip codes do, especially when they excavated on the other side of our hill--drove those suckers right to me. That's why I have a heavy crease in my neck--it's from looking down for 7 years, always on the lookout for the unwanted, dangerous guest that could harm my son or me. sad

Love how this thread keeps going & going! Bunny!

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Love how this thread keeps going & going!

Love how this thread keeps going & going!

--hide--
There seems to be very few Events that go over 200 posts (let alone 300). I think this says something about the positive way in which CM-Phoenix in the Spring has affected those of us that attended.

So...when's the next one? scratchchin tongue

May 6th 2013 new

Several people wanted a Grand Canyon trip. I think that reservations for the site are a year out, but I haven't looked concretely into that.

Dan mentioned a fireworks festival in his town, Lake Havasu, but that's in the winter some time.

It's too hot now for awhile for other AZ ventures, other than a relaxing time in Payson just fishing or hanging out at a cabin. Payson is about 2hrs northeast of here. Lovely little town--Yukon John drove through there the Wed before our wknd. And my son & I try to get there at least once a year, but we missed it last year. Towns further east of Payson, like Lakeside or Pinetop, are lovely, too. I know of a couple of places that rent big cabins (for groups) and have a lake on the property....

Back at CM Phx in the Fall, we had said that Patrick needs to plan an event in Tucson, where he is. That could be a fall trip, and it could include a trip to Benson for Kartchner Caverns (sorry, Brenda! wink ), among other places.

So many opportunities, so little money. sad

May 6th 2013 new

And if I didn't say it already: Thank you, all of you, for your compliments and lovely affirmations! You can't imagine how much it means to me. lovestruck! hug

May 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Several people wanted a Grand Canyon trip. I think that reservations for the site are a year out, but I haven&#...

Several people wanted a Grand Canyon trip. I think that reservations for the site are a year out, but I haven't looked concretely into that.

Dan mentioned a fireworks festival in his town, Lake Havasu, but that's in the winter some time.

It's too hot now for awhile for other AZ ventures, other than a relaxing time in Payson just fishing or hanging out at a cabin. Payson is about 2hrs northeast of here. Lovely little town--Yukon John drove through there the Wed before our wknd. And my son & I try to get there at least once a year, but we missed it last year. Towns further east of Payson, like Lakeside or Pinetop, are lovely, too. I know of a couple of places that rent big cabins (for groups) and have a lake on the property....

Back at CM Phx in the Fall, we had said that Patrick needs to plan an event in Tucson, where he is. That could be a fall trip, and it could include a trip to Benson for Kartchner Caverns (sorry, Brenda! ), among other places.

So many opportunities, so little money.

--hide--

Casey was planning once home, to contact Dan regarding Lake Havasu fireworks on July 4th. It could be a good time to meet again. What do you think?

www.golakehavasu.com
May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Casey was planning once home, to contact Dan regarding Lake Havasu fireworks on July 4th. It c...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said:

Casey was planning once home, to contact Dan regarding Lake Havasu fireworks on July 4th. It could be a good time to meet again. What do you think?

www.golakehavasu.com
--hide--

Lake Havasu on July 4th? Awful warm. Lake Havasu and the Grand Canyon would make a good combination. Anybody ready for a rim to rim hike? You have to make reservations to stay at the Phantom Ranch at the bottom of the canyon at least a year in advance. I think just strolling along the top of the south rim or even hiking to the Indian Gardens might be okay.

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Joyce-891806 said: Let's see , scorpions are friendly in AZ??? I am looking for an income tax free state to semi...
(Quote) Joyce-891806 said:

--hide--

Joyce, scorpions are not as plentiful as you might think. I have had them in my last two houses because I had flood irrigation but I haven't had them in my rental properties. I have been stung three times (believe you me it doesn't get better each time) but am still alive to tell about it. It really isn't that bad, but I still don't like them. I even got chickens (chickens eat scorpions) to keep the population down but they couldn't keep up.

I have lived in several western states and Arizona is my favorite. We have temperate climates in the winter and go to San Diego or the mountains in the summer (teachers can do that wink). You really can't beat the weather. Florida and Texas are way too humid for me. My next favorite is Colorado but their summers (yes I said summers) are too cold for me.

I am glad to see you (our "low poster") posting a way!! Keep posting!

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: And if I didn't say it already: Thank you, all of you, for your compliments and lovely affirma...

And if I didn't say it already: Thank you, all of you, for your compliments and lovely affirmations! You can't imagine how much it means to me.

--hide--

You are welcome, you are welcome. Again, you are quite the event planner. Your attention to detail is quite admirable.

Posts 381 - 390 of 453