Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Joyce-891806 said: Let's see , scorpions are friendly in AZ??? I am looking for an income tax free state to semi...
(Quote) Joyce-891806 said:

Let's see , scorpions are friendly in AZ??? I am looking for an income tax free state to semi retire in but the scorpions in AZ are scaring me away!

--hide--

AZ isn't quite tax free but our state taxes are some of the lowest in the nation. Also our property taxes are really low, as opposed to Nevada, Texas, Washington, Florida, and South Dakota who have no state income tax but high property taxes. It all comes out as a wash in the end. Just stay away from California; high state taxes and high property taxes.

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Joyce-891806 said: Let's see , scorpions are friendly in AZ??? I am looking for an income tax free state to semi...

Let's see , scorpions are friendly in AZ??? I am looking for an income tax free state to semi retire in but the scorpions in AZ are scaring me away!

--hide--

But they're not as bad as the scorpions in the taxing states. smile

May 7th 2013 new
I've been in Lake Havasu for July 4th, and it seemed like the fireworks went on forever... a great show! We watched them from the boat on the water.
May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Janet-62904 said: I've been in Lake Havasu for July 4th, and it seemed like the fireworks went on forever... a great sh...
(Quote) Janet-62904 said: I've been in Lake Havasu for July 4th, and it seemed like the fireworks went on forever... a great show! We watched them from the boat on the water.
--hide--
H Janet , from one coastal beeach to another! biggrin

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Joyce-891806 said: H Janet , from one coastal beeach to another!

H Janet , from one coastal beeach to another!

--hide--
wave Hi Joyce! Isn't this sooo cool that we have made friends from coast to coast/east to west and north to south?? I miss you and can't wait to do it again! hug

I'm sure 4th of July is hotter than a firecracker at Lake Havasu, but then there's always a quick dip in the lake to cool off afterwards....Count me in!

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Hi Joyce! Isn't this sooo cool that we have made friends from coast to coast/east to west a...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Hi Joyce! Isn't this sooo cool that we have made friends from coast to coast/east to west and north to south?? I miss you and can't wait to do it again!

I'm sure 4th of July is hotter than a firecracker at Lake Havasu, but then there's always a quick dip in the lake to cool off afterwards....Count me in!

--hide--
Better idea> I opened my pool and it's ready!

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Hi Joyce! Isn't this sooo cool that we have made friends from coast to coast/east to west a...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Hi Joyce! Isn't this sooo cool that we have made friends from coast to coast/east to west and north to south?? I miss you and can't wait to do it again!

--hide--

or July 1(Canada Day!) in Whitehorse? Of course, we can't have fireworks here(it doesn't get dark)
most of our snow has melted in the past two days
still looking for the first crocus!
going to Skagway tomorrow(highway was closed last week due to avalanches)

good news too: our driving range is now open, the golf course MIGHT open next week for play

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: AZ isn't quite tax free but our state taxes are some of the lowest in the nation....
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

AZ isn't quite tax free but our state taxes are some of the lowest in the nation. Also our property taxes are really low, as opposed to Nevada, Texas, Washington, Florida, and South Dakota who have no state income tax but high property taxes. It all comes out as a wash in the end. Just stay away from California; high state taxes and high property taxes.

--hide--

Be sure to add Minnesota penguin and Wisconsin cheese to that list of high state tax / high property tax, and every other kind of tax or "fee" imaginable rolling eyes

May 8th 2013 new

What's the principle behind such high taxation on WI's part, Mike? :disconcertingformyfuture:

May 8th 2013 new
Hi Joyce... I was walking my beach trek tonight at Crystal Cove... one of my favorite spots. How was the Grand Canyon. Sorry I had to start my drive home before you returned so I could hear about it.
Posts 391 - 400 of 453