Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Feb 15th 2013 new

sounds like a great trip. I've never been to AZ so I'm thinking this might be a good time to come. biggrin biggrin

I would also be flying in.

will you be posting this on the events page soon??

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: HERE IT IS, PEOPLE--THE PLAN FOR CM PHX IN THE SPRING:When: Friday-Sunday, April 26-28...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

HERE IT IS, PEOPLE--THE PLAN FOR CM PHX IN THE SPRING:

When: Friday-Sunday, April 26-28, 2013

FRIDAY: Please arrive by 3pm to get the party started! Today will be for mingling & getting to know each other; enjoy the Happy Hour at the hotel with free beverages and light snacks; dinner; then back to hotel for more laughter, talk, maybe games, and relaxing.

SATURDAY: Leave early for Sedona; eat breakfast there (one restaurant boasts serving 85 different types of omelets!). Afterwards, depending on the size of the group and its preferences, we can split up and partake of a number of activities--Jeep tour, Segway tour, wander the shops, Tlaquepaque, Red Rock State Park, drive through Oak Creek Canyon. Later, we'll go to Chapel of the Holy Cross, and decide where to have dinner.

SUNDAY: Mass, lunch, visit Desert Botanical Gardens, then "hang time" tbd.

How does this sound?

To secure a discount for the hotel, and perhaps make reservations in Sedona, I would appreciate hearing by Feb 28 from those who are interested.

Let's have fun!

--hide--

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-168656 said: sounds like a great trip. I've never been to AZ so I'm thinking this might be a good tim...
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said:

sounds like a great trip. I've never been to AZ so I'm thinking this might be a good time to come.

--hide--
Yay, another newbie! Yes, I'll be posting this soon on the Events page.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Pat--or is it Trisha?? Anyway, I flew in last time from Sacramento CA, and Lina arrange...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Pat--or is it Trisha??

Anyway, I flew in last time from Sacramento CA, and Lina arranged for me to be picked up at the airport by another CM woman, who then drove us both to the first event/dinner on Friday night. The hotel that the out-of-towners stayed at was not at the airport, but only 10-15 minutes away. The hotel rate for my single King room was about $70/nite, and there were Suites available, which others got and shared. Though not a 5 hotel, it was centrally located and had a complimentary breeakfast, nacks, hor d'oeuvres, wine, and fireplace lobby. There was a pool for laps. Never checked out if there was an exercise room, but I think there was. There was a park within walking distance for a morning jaunt. This may be what Lina had in mind... Course, if another better place comes to light, I'm all for exploring that, too!

Yes, the trip was VERY affordable, and the company OUTSTANDING! Lina put a lot of effort into our transportation needs, but the other "local" attendees really took care of us! I may go for a couple of "extra days" to join up with another Fall attendee, and rent a car, so you will have coverage.

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!

--hide--

Thanks, Lina, and yes I guess the truth is out now, I go by Tricia (to my friends!). This trip sounds really good, and I'm just waiting for Lina to get back to us with the hotel and a price (although I think I found it on booking.com). And, I found a good airfare and will likely come out 1 day early (since I'm paying for airfare, etc. anyhow) and come in Thursday and go home Sunday night (on a midnight redeye flight!). It would be wonderful to meet you and Lina and Brenda and anyone else coming!

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-168656 said: sounds like a great trip. I've never been to AZ so I'm thinking this might be a good tim...
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said:

sounds like a great trip. I've never been to AZ so I'm thinking this might be a good time to come.

--hide--

Debbie, where would you be flying out of? I found a pretty good fare on US airways - nonstop R/T O'hare to Phoenix for $372 (that is the lowest I could find after a lot of looking). But, if you find some other airline that is a better price, please let me know! It would be nice to meet you too!

Feb 15th 2013 new

Goading me into a reply? Ok. That's right around the end of the semester. Crunch time. Academics are front seat, sorry. I have my future to think about and I already have been down this road due to an earlier debacle in my life. As much as I'd love to see all you lovely people again, the timing is just infeasable for me. Have fun, folks!

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Pat--or is it Trisha?? Anyway, I flew in last time from Sacramento CA, and Lina arrange...

Pat--or is it Trisha??

Anyway, I flew in last time from Sacramento CA, and Lina arranged for me to be picked up at the airport by another CM woman, who then drove us both to the first event/dinner on Friday night. The hotel that the out-of-towners stayed at was not at the airport, but only 10-15 minutes away. The hotel rate for my single King room was about $70/nite, and there were Suites available, which others got and shared. Though not a 5 hotel, it was centrally located and had a complimentary breeakfast, nacks, hor d'oeuvres, wine, and fireplace lobby. There was a pool for laps. Never checked out if there was an exercise room, but I think there was. There was a park within walking distance for a morning jaunt. This may be what Lina had in mind... Course, if another better place comes to light, I'm all for exploring that, too!

Yes, the trip was VERY affordable, and the company OUTSTANDING! Lina put a lot of effort into our transportation needs, but the other "local" attendees really took care of us! I may go for a couple of "extra days" to join up with another Fall attendee, and rent a car, so you will have coverage.

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!

--hide--

Whoops, my previous posting should have said, Thanks, Beverly! I'm sorry for the transposition of names.embarassed

Feb 15th 2013 new

Pat--or is it Trisha??

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!

--hide--

Whoops, my previous posting should have said, Thanks, Beverly! I'm sorry for the transposition of names.embarassed

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Hi Lina, I might be interested in this! Are you staying both nights at hotel in Phoenix or one ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Hi Lina, I might be interested in this! Are you staying both nights at hotel in Phoenix or one night in Phoenix and one night in Sedona? And, in terms of flying in if I decided to do this, where would hotel be in relation to main Phoenix airport? I would not be renting a car, so would look for some kind of transportation to/from hotel (perhaps free hotel shuttle?) Thanks!

--hide--

Likewise, I'd hope for a hotel not too far from the airport, preferably with shuttle service. Night in Sedona? Only drawback with this would be for the out of towners having to check in and out of hotels up to three times, and toting their baggage around with them during the daytime. Not sure how much of a drive it is to/from Sedona...

Feb 15th 2013 new

Keep reading the thread, Mike.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Keep reading the thread, Mike.
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Keep reading the thread, Mike.

--hide--

just did, thanks!

Posts 41 - 50 of 453