Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

02/17/2013 new

I love Sedona! I'm in. I will put it on my calendar!!

It will be great to see everyone again!! biggrin

02/18/2013 new

(Quote) Allen-311949 said: If I were to fly in on Thursday, would anyone be interested in a Diamondbacks game? As a baseball...
(Quote) Allen-311949 said:

If I were to fly in on Thursday, would anyone be interested in a Diamondbacks game? As a baseball fan I use what ever opportunity I get to visit a new ball park. I will be buying a plane tickets this week. Either way I can't wait to see Arizona and meet some new friends and apparently some old friends too.

--hide--
Allen, I would enjoy going to a game! Course, I'd like it much better if it was the Giants...! wink Their Spring Training is in Scottsdale, which is where Pat wants to look around on Thursday. Is the schedule out for the D'backs yet?

02/18/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Allen, I would enjoy going to a game! Course, I'd like it much better if it was the Giants....
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Allen, I would enjoy going to a game! Course, I'd like it much better if it was the Giants...! Their Spring Training is in Scottsdale, which is where Pat wants to look around on Thursday. Is the schedule out for the D'backs yet?

--hide--
baseball OK Allen, I just checked it out, and the D'Backs are playing the Colorado Rockies on Thursday night at 6:40; tickets look to run $20 - $30.

My luck, of course....the Giants are playing there on the following Monday... rolling eyes sad

02/18/2013 new

(Quote) Angie-853770 said: I love Sedona! I'm in. I will put it on my calendar!! It will be great to see everyone...
(Quote) Angie-853770 said:

I love Sedona! I'm in. I will put it on my calendar!!

It will be great to see everyone again!!

--hide--
wave Hi Angie!! hug

02/18/2013 new

Sedona is closish to my neck of the woods. When will you guys be there? Maybe I can join you.

02/18/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Allen, I would enjoy going to a game! Course, I'd like it much better if it was the Giants....
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Allen, I would enjoy going to a game! Course, I'd like it much better if it was the Giants...! Their Spring Training is in Scottsdale, which is where Pat wants to look around on Thursday. Is the schedule out for the D'backs yet?

--hide--

Remember, it's Tricia, Tricia, Tricia (I figure if I repeat it 3 times you'll remember). I will answer also to Patricia, but not to Pat or Patty (well, except for my relatives who called me that as a child - hard to get them to change).

And, yes, definitely going to Scottsdale Old Town for Thursday night. (Patricia from Chicago - age 54 - has been there and highly recommended it, along with Taleisin West, andI'm also going over to the Biltmore for lunch (look at their menu for Frank and Albert's - and one can wander the grounds for free!) I may stop there for lunch on the way to the hotel since my flight gets in so early (around 10:30) or so and can't check into the hotel until 3PM. I talked to the Biltmore and they'll store my bag for a few hours (while I have lunch there and wander around) for a small gratuity. I can't think of a better way to use the time until I can check in. (I love these old Grand Dame hotels, but since I can't afford to stay in them, lunch is always a wonderful alternative!)

02/18/2013 new

I may be interested in the Thursday evening D-backs game as well. It sounds like several people are planning to arrive on Thursday so I may do that as well. Great group forming, I'm excited to reunite with some of the fall group and meet some new friends. Many thanks to Lina for getting us all in gear.wave

02/18/2013 new

Perhaps if a bunch of you are heading to a game in Scottsdale, and it is near Old Town in Scottsdale, someone might be willing to drop me off there? All you would have to do is slow down to a crawl and I'll jump out (but not into traffic). Won't slow you down a bit! And, I could go later than I originally stated (which was 4) since you'll probably be leaving what maybe 5 or so for the game? (Taxifare is about $35 oneway from the hotel to Scottsdale Old Town I was told by the hotel). I could always take a taxi back.

This sounds like fun - I can't wait to meet all of you!

02/18/2013 new

Hi Tricia,

The ballpark is in downtown Phoenix but in the Fall the hotel we stayed in was close to Scottsdale. I assume we may be staying in that same area. That being said, it wouldn't be too far to swing you by Old Town before the group headed to the ballpark if that's what the plan turns out to be. Sounds like a lot of good possibilities surfacing for everyone to have a great time. Looking forward to it!

Dan

02/18/2013 new

I think you've looked at the schedule laughing laughing, the Giants ARE the following Monday. AT&T Park is a beautiful park. It was called SBC Park in 2005 when I saw a game there.

Posts 61 - 70 of 453