Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

02/18/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Remember, it's Tricia, Tricia, Tricia (I figure if I repeat it 3 times you'...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Remember, it's Tricia, Tricia, Tricia (I figure if I repeat it 3 times you'll remember). I will answer also to Patricia, but not to Pat or Patty (well, except for my relatives who called me that as a child - hard to get them to change).

And, yes, definitely going to Scott!sdale Old Town for Thursday night. (Patricia from Chicago - age 54 - has been there and highly recommended it, along with Taleisin West, andI'm also going over to the Biltmore for lunch (look at their menu for Frank and Albert's - and one can wander the grounds for free!) I may stop there for lunch on the way to the hotel since my flight gets in so early (around 10:30) or so and can't check into the hotel until 3PM. I talked to the Biltmore and they'll store my bag for a few hours (while I have lunch there and wander around) for a small gratuity. I can't think of a better way to use the time until I can check in. (I love these old Grand Dame hotels, but since I can't afford to stay in them, lunch is always a wonderful alternative!)

--hide--
Aaaackkk!!! embarassed And I KNEW better, Tricia!! I'm the one who first brought it up... rolling eyes Please forgive me! rose

Ya know, I had this problem with Lina's name, too...Before we met at CM Phoenix Fall, I always saw and read her name as "Lean-uh", so it was hard to change over to "Lynn-uh". But I like her NEW NAME better! wink

Dan is right--I'm sure there will be others, who will want to skip the ballgame and go out to Old Town with you to explore. That's what makes this sort of event so much fun--we can all do things of our interest and meet/make great friends each day! I'm getting excited!!

02/18/2013 new

(Quote) Allen-311949 said: I think you've looked at the schedule , the Giants ARE the following Monday. AT&T Park is...
(Quote) Allen-311949 said:

I think you've looked at the schedule , the Giants ARE the following Monday. AT&T Park is a beautiful park. It was called SBC Park in 2005 when I saw a game there.

--hide--
laughing laughing I couldn't wait until this morning for you to check it out, Allen! West Coast advantage at night.. wink

I was just over at AT&T Park a couple of weeks ago. The West Coast Walk for Life ended near there at the Ferry Building/Embarcadero, and my car was parked at the lot by AT&T. Actually, the Walk ended at that parking lot for almost all of us, including those who rode in on the bus convoys! It is a gorgeous ballfield, and of course, there's McCovey's Cove!! baseball duck Gone Fishing!

My dad and his good friend, Dr.P used to load a bunch of us kids up in the 60's, and go out to Candlestick for Giant's games. Say-Hey Willie days...Freezing cold in the fog and wind, but terrific times and great memories! Nothing like a HOT dog with mustardand a cup of apple cider to warm you up. biggrin

02/18/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Aaaackkk!!! And I KNEW better, Tricia!! I'm the one who first brought it up... Please forgi...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Aaaackkk!!! And I KNEW better, Tricia!! I'm the one who first brought it up... Please forgive me!

Ya know, I had this problem with Lina's name, too...Before we met at CM Phoenix Fall, I always saw and read her name as "Lean-uh", so it was hard to change over to "Lynn-uh". But I like her NEW NAME better!

Dan is right--I'm sure there will be others, who will want to skip the ballgame and go out to Old Town with you to explore. That's what makes this sort of event so much fun--we can all do things of our interest and meet/make great friends each day! I'm getting excited!!

--hide--

No need to apologize, Beverly, but to get my attention in person you will have to say Tricia (which is what my friends call me!). Debbie sent me a message saying she would like to join me going to Scottsdale Old Town Thursday night, so now we are two! hug And, Dan was so nice to say that he thinks someone could drop us off on your way to the ballgame (and then we can just take a taxi back to the hotel later). biggrin

If anyone else is interested in exploring Scottsdale Old Town shops/art galleries/etc. Thursday night and having dinner there somewhere, just let me know! The time we leave the hotel will depend on our "chauffeur"Superman which may be Dan or may be whoever else is driving to the ballgame and will be kind enough to drop Debbie and I off in Scottsdale Old Town.clap

02/18/2013 new

Sounds like the next thing we should find out is the name/address of whatever hotel people are planning to stay at, and its proximity to the ballpark and/or to Old Town Scotsdale (is that as fun as, say, Old Town Krakow?). Anyway, depending on what might be happening on Thursday evening, I might be convinced to arrive a day sooner... assuming I get the time off, of course.

02/18/2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Sounds like the next thing we should find out is the name/address of whatever hotel people are p...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Sounds like the next thing we should find out is the name/address of whatever hotel people are planning to stay at, and its proximity to the ballpark and/or to Old Town Scotsdale (is that as fun as, say, Old Town Krakow?). Anyway, depending on what might be happening on Thursday evening, I might be convinced to arrive a day sooner... assuming I get the time off, of course.

--hide--

I've already booked a room in the hotel which I think is the hotel Lina said they stayed at before. She wasn't exactly sure in the message she sent me back, so I'm hesitant to post it here since I don't want to lead anyone down the wrong path.eyepopping Although I booked the room, it is cancellable up to 24 hrs. before arrival.

LINA, PLEASE POST THE HOTEL INFO HERE! Several people have sent me private messages asking me if I had booked the hotel and where it is. For those of us coming from out-of-town, we need to book airfare, and most people want to have their hotel reservation done before they book airfare. I don't want to post the wrong hotel here (just in case I misunderstood you).

02/18/2013 new

I think I will be trying to come in on Thursday too...have to check flight schedules and times. It all sounds very fun!

02/19/2013 new

Hi Lina... I think that a day to Tucson would be great...my suggestion would be a visit to San Xavier Del Bac and then maybe up to Mt. Lemon! Just my suggestion...and yes I would love to attend the event whenever you get it planned. Thanks for taking this on again.

Ken

02/19/2013 new

Tricia I think I will come in on Thursday depending on flight cost and the hotel. I won't be able to research this until later this week when I'm back from working out of town. Your plan for Thursday afternoon/evening sounds good to me!

02/19/2013 new

(Quote) Sherry-939230 said: Tricia I think I will come in on Thursday depending on flight cost and the hotel. I won't be...
(Quote) Sherry-939230 said:

Tricia I think I will come in on Thursday depending on flight cost and the hotel. I won't be able to research this until later this week when I'm back from working out of town. Your plan for Thursday afternoon/evening sounds good to me!

--hide--

I'll look forward to having you join us!biggrin Debbie also has expressed interest in Old Town Scottsdale probably starting out around 5PM (as hotel checkin isn't until 3pm I think.)

02/19/2013 new

Please be patient, folks--still working on some hotel details. Once locked down in the next day or so, I will post an update and post on the Events page. Thanks, everyone! I'm loving all the new people joining up!

Posts 71 - 80 of 453