Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: HERE IT IS, PEOPLE--THE PLAN FOR CM PHX IN THE SPRING:When: Friday-Sunday, April 26-28...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

HERE IT IS, PEOPLE--THE PLAN FOR CM PHX IN THE SPRING:

When: Friday-Sunday, April 26-28, 2013

FRIDAY: Please arrive by 3pm to get the party started! Today will be for mingling & getting to know each other; enjoy the Happy Hour at the hotel with free beverages and light snacks; dinner; then back to hotel for more laughter, talk, maybe games, and relaxing.

SATURDAY: Leave early for Sedona; eat breakfast there (one restaurant boasts serving 85 different types of omelets!). Afterwards, depending on the size of the group and its preferences, we can split up and partake of a number of activities--Jeep tour, Segway tour, wander the shops, Tlaquepaque, Red Rock State Park, drive through Oak Creek Canyon. Later, we'll go to Chapel of the Holy Cross, and decide where to have dinner.

SUNDAY: Mass, lunch, visit Desert Botanical Gardens, then "hang time" tbd.

How does this sound?

To secure a discount for the hotel, and perhaps make reservations in Sedona, I would appreciate hearing by Feb 28 from those who are interested.

Let's have fun!

--hide--
I will wait until 1st week of March to book flight so hopefully I can make hotel reservation at the same time. I am going to be there from Thursday (probably in the morning) until Monday morning. I have looked at some pictures of the Sedona area eyepopping and I am very excited to see in person.

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Allen-311949 said: I will wait until 1st week of March to book flight so hopefully I can make hotel reservation at t...
(Quote) Allen-311949 said:

I will wait until 1st week of March to book flight so hopefully I can make hotel reservation at the same time. I am going to be there from Thursday (probably in the morning) until Monday morning. I have looked at some pictures of the Sedona area and I am very excited to see in person.

--hide--
clap

02/20/2013 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Candace, any chance you can come out & join us?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Candace, any chance you can come out & join us?

--hide--

The trip sounds really fun, but I won't be able to make it. Thanks for your invite. :)
02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Allen-311949 said: I will wait until 1st week of March to book flight so hopefully I can make hotel reservation at t...
(Quote) Allen-311949 said:

I will wait until 1st week of March to book flight so hopefully I can make hotel reservation at the same time. I am going to be there from Thursday (probably in the morning) until Monday morning. I have looked at some pictures of the Sedona area and I am very excited to see in person.

--hide--

I will be arriving Thursday morning also. I had planned to go home Sunday night, but a friend just told me about a wonderful old hotel called the Cottonwoods on the north end of Scottsdale, and I'm thinking of extending my stay by 2 or 3 days to stay there after the group goes home. This hotel would be too far north for the group to stay at, but I think would be a lovely "resort-style" retreat for a couple days!Sunrise

02/21/2013 new

Base ball games at the training camps!

02/21/2013 new

wave Hi, Michelle. Are you considering attending CM Phx in the Spring? We have a couple of Californians who will be.

02/21/2013 new

Hi Lina . . . I'll be there! YAY!!! clap clap clap

The Phoenix in the Fall event was truly a wonderful time. I really appreciate all the time, effort, and love you put into it. Great time, great people! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help this time around. I might take off Thursday & Friday and I might possibly even consider going to the baseball game! Why not?! biggrin

Thanks again Lina . . . you're the best! You get a Gold Star!

02/21/2013 new
(Quote) Peggy-755976 said: Hi Lina . . . I'll be there! YAY!!! The Phoenix in the Fall event was truly a wonderful time...
(Quote) Peggy-755976 said:

Hi Lina . . . I'll be there! YAY!!!

The Phoenix in the Fall event was truly a wonderful time. I really appreciate all the time, effort, and love you put into it. Great time, great people! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help this time around. I might take off Thursday & Friday and I might possibly even consider going to the baseball game! Why not?!

Thanks again Lina . . . you're the best!

--hide--

Can't wait to hang out with everyone again. I actually get in town on Wednesday, and since I plan on having a rental car I will be fine on my own.
02/22/2013 new

Well, I would really like to know which hotel people will be staying at so hoping Lina posts it soon! (I do have another possibility for a vacation in the Caribbean at the same time and have to make a decision ASAP, so it would be nice to know if there is a group rate for CM members at any designated hotel in Phoenix or Scottsdale. Thanks!)

02/22/2013 new

Yeah for the CM crowd coming to Phoenix again!! I would like to join you for the Sedona day trip, as well as a Tucson day trip. I used to live in Tucson as well and the San Xavier Mission would be a WONDERFUL stop and we MUST stop at an EeGee's while we are there. I can pick anybody up that comes to the airport, either Sky Harbor or Phoenix/Mesa Gateway (only 10 minutes from my house). Make sure you check ALL the airlines, including Spirit, Allegiant, and Frontier for flights into Phoenix/Mesa Gateway (flights are usually less expensive than Sky Harbor). I can "hang out" with anybody that comes in early (like Thursday/Friday) as I am substitute teaching til the end of the school year. Would love to visit the art galleries in Scottsdale! My daughter periodically has art work at the galleries and I rarely go there to look around. ALSO would love to tackle the backside of Camelback with anybody that feels up to it. The last time I climbed it was last April and the temp was 100 degrees! It is definitely a workout...bring LOTS of water/gatorade. A less strenuous hike might be in the Superstition Mountains. What about the Arboretum near Superior? Absolutely STUNNING in the spring, especially after all of the moisture we have gotten this winter. Thanks Lina for planning this get together. As you can see I am not much of an "indoor" person, so spending alot of time at an indoor restaraunt is not my thing. There is an AMAZING restaraunt with outdoor seating in Cave Creek that would be great for a group. Let me know if you need any help "planning".

Posts 91 - 100 of 453