Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 1st 2013 new

[quote]Rachel-731570 said:

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but 'no one be holding me,' can I be beautiful?? It doesn't feel like it. A woman in love and loved feels and looks the most beautiful!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Rachel

Have you ever heard of the book the 5 love languages? I think you would get a lot out of it. What describe: being held makes you
feel beautiful and loved. This is one of the five love languages:

Physical touch.

The idea is if you keep each other’s "love tank" full both will be happy. It is written by a Christian author and was required by the
Church for me and my previous fiancee to read in preparation for marriage. Search the internet for 5 Love Languages and take the free
5 minute test to see what degree each of the 5 love languages you are. The other four are:

Quality Time
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service
Words of Affirmation

God bless,

Mick
Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said: I think that each couple finds something that is physically attractive about the person they...
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:

I think that each couple finds something that is physically attractive about the person they're with, and that's what initially gets them talking to one another. However, it's the conversation that *really* lets them know if they're meant for each other. Do they have the same views, morals, values, etc.?

When you mention "brains," what kind do you mean? I'm very serious here. I've met people that are book smart, and can answer questions about facts, but don't really know how to act around people. There's also the opposite. Also,a person doesn't necessarily have to be college-educated to make up an intellectually stimulating conversation with others.

As for beauty, it is truly in the eye of the beholder! A person can be "drop-dead gorgeous," but so conceited that no one cares to be in his/her company. A person's beauty may also be more than just physical features, such as in the way they "carry" themselves, in the way they treat others, and so on.

So, I'd say it's really a combination - as some of the other ladies here have already mentioned - of brains, beauty, but most importantly, heart. If a person's heart is pure, they are easy to love. Think of it this way: my grandma used to ask my youngest aunt "Do I love you because you're beautiful, or are you beautiful because I love you?" My aunt, who was a toddler at the time knew the answer: "I'm beautiful because you love me."

God bless you,

Bernadette~

--hide--

Well said.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Mick-929473 said: I think you meant educated verses uneducated (and I do not mean to "jump on you" but her...
(Quote) Mick-929473 said:

I think you meant educated verses uneducated (and I do not mean to "jump on you" but here is another way of looking at it):

Humph... to tell you the truth I have never really met a woman without brains... some that others may consider dizzy but they were always very sweet. Education may make a difference in a relationship but please remember even uneducated people have the potential of much more. Life just turned out such that education was not in God’s plan for them. God loves the educated and uneducated equally.

Mick

--hide--

No I didn't mean MBA or pHD's, I probably should say personality or lack thereof wink There are lots of educated, unintelligent men if ya know what I mean? Personality, hard work, and commonsense make all the difference, doesn't it!

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: (Quote) Mick-929473 said: I think you meant educated verses uneducated (an...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

Quote:
Mick-929473 said:

I think you meant educated verses uneducated (and I do not mean to "jump on you" but here is another way of looking at it):

Humph... to tell you the truth I have never really met a woman without brains... some that others may consider dizzy but they were always very sweet. Education may make a difference in a relationship but please remember even uneducated people have the potential of much more. Life just turned out such that education was not in God’s plan for them. God loves the educated and uneducated equally.

Mick

No I didn't mean MBA or pHD's, I probably should say personality or lack thereof There are lots of educated, unintelligent men if ya know what I mean? Personality, hard work, and commonsense make all the difference, doesn't it!

--hide--

Cathy,

Sorry, my comment was not a reply to your post but the original post by Arturo. I just learned how to use this forum. It may of help if I read some more of the comments before replying too. ;-)

Peace,

Mick

Jan 1st 2013 new

Looks can attract you to someone, but what is on the inside counts the most. I much rather be with an ordinary man who treats me with respect and dignity than with a good looking man who is totally full of himself.

Jan 1st 2013 new
Why choose, I'll take em both! lovestruck!
Jan 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: No I didn't mean MBA or pHD's, I probably should say personality or lack thereof There ar...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

No I didn't mean MBA or pHD's, I probably should say personality or lack thereof There are lots of educated, unintelligent men if ya know what I mean? Personality, hard work, and commonsense make all the difference, doesn't it!

--hide--

Like you have to worry Cathy! Having more than your share of both! You get a Gold Star!
How anti climactic!

"How anti climactic!"

Purple Passion Bouquet

"Purple Passion Bouquet"

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Mick-929473 said: (Quote) Cathy-564420 said: (Quote) Mick-929473 said:

Quote:
Cathy-564420 said:

Quote:
Mick-929473 said:

Mick

Cathy,

Sorry, my comment was not a reply to your post but the original post by Arturo. I just learned how to use this forum. It may of help if I read some more of the comments before replying too. ;-)

Peace,

Mick

--hide--

But Bernadette said what I meant to say.

Mick

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: I like a kind hearted outgoing man - sometimes the brainiacs can be introverted and I have a hard...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

I like a kind hearted outgoing man - sometimes the brainiacs can be introverted and I have a hard time communicating with them - if said person is handsome well that is a bonus. Sometimes those really good looking guys can be stuck on themselves - what a turn off.

--hide--

Nancy,

I agree but reserve some quiet time for the Lord. He speaks to us then. Fifteen minutes a day in prayer (rosary, chaplet), a half hour a day reading scripture or an hour at adoration.

Mick

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Mick-929473 said: I agree.

I agree.

--hide--

The "I agree" was intended for Bernadette's post.

Posts 101 - 110 of 118