Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 31st 2012 new

Wow........ You just threw this thread into the deep end of the pool.......

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: we can use our inner beauty to change the world. This brings me to conclude that beauty is not...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said:

we can use our inner beauty to change the world. This brings me to conclude that beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, it is within ourselves. What the others see when they look at us is the projection of what we want them to see....
--hide--

Dec 31st 2012 new

Therese -

Image 28 of 33 from your profile is by far the best thing I have read anywhere on CM.... Not even close....

Where did you find that, if I may ask?

Ed

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I would like to share those valuable words Proverbs 31:10-12 A wife of noble character...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I would like to share those valuable words

Proverbs 31:10-12

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.

Proverbs 31:29-30

Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Noble definition: ...of an exalted moral or mental character or excellence: a noble thought. Synonyms: lofty, elevated, high-minded, principled; magnanimous; honorable, estimable, worthy, meritorious.
--hide--

Dec 31st 2012 new
(Quote) ed-925050 said: Therese - Image 28 of 33 from your profile is by far the best thing I have read anywhere on CM.... Not ev...
(Quote) ed-925050 said:

Therese -

Image 28 of 33 from your profile is by far the best thing I have read anywhere on CM.... Not even close....

Where did you find that, if I may ask?

Ed

--hide--

Thank you ed for taking time to check my profile To be honest i found it while serfing the internet. I don't know who is the first poster www.cogperspective.org
Dec 31st 2012 new

Beauty or brains?

Brawn.

j/k I could not resist.
(Have not read.)

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Cat-163322 said: Well, since "brains" encompass so many things, like wit, humor, intellect, emotions, etc....
(Quote) Cat-163322 said:

Well, since "brains" encompass so many things, like wit, humor, intellect, emotions, etc. and "beauty" is typically physical, I say "brains". Besides, God must have made days half dark and half light for some reason, right? Until the invention of artificial light humanity had to spend half their lives with someone they couldn't see anyways.

Cat

--hide--

Happy Birthday Beautiful and Intelligent Cat! hug Happy Birthday!

Dec 31st 2012 new

There is really no match for intellect; it is quite a different attraction from physical beauty HOWEVER...Beauty is truly a reflection of what is in your heart and the Love for who God has created you to be.

Genetically, we are predisposed to attractive physical features by nature. It is disturbing though; to see a physical beauty that is nice to look at but once engaged in conversation does not have much to offer.

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this question; I think it is different for everyone.

Happy Birthday Cat Happy Birthday!

Dec 31st 2012 new

Let's be realistic...it has to be both, not one or the other. Beauty means only that which attracts you which is different from person to person. You cannot have a relationship with someone to whom you feel no physical attraction. I like a great smile and a twinkle in the eye. Nothing kills my interest faster in an online profile than a mug shot with absolutely no emotion. So lighten up people! Smile! Anyone ready to go play in the snow?

Dec 31st 2012 new
Aw thnk you Kathleen!!!!
Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Tanya-906422 said: There is really no match for intellect; it is quite a different attraction from physical beauty H...
(Quote) Tanya-906422 said:

There is really no match for intellect; it is quite a different attraction from physical beauty HOWEVER...Beauty is truly a reflection of what is in your heart and the Love for who God has created you to be.

Genetically, we are predisposed to attractive physical features by nature. It is disturbing though; to see a physical beauty that is nice to look at but once engaged in conversation does not have much to offer.

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this question; I think it is different for everyone.

Happy Birthday Cat

--hide--

Tanya, I agree- beauty is at its best when it is the tip of the iceberg so to speak and the person has done inner work or is developed into their full potential as a human being and can back it up so to speak, with substance.

Beauty is wonderful and transcendent as stated earlier when it helps us appreciate God more or His creation more. I am a seeker of beauty in all its forms and believe it is important for all of us to take the time to appreciate.

In a person it has to be backed up by something deeper to be at its best. I have seen many beautiful women here in my years here and I am awed with the wonder and beauty of them all . There are many very wonderful women from the men to choose from here.

All of the women here are beautiful even in ther simple fact that they have chosen to try to meet a Catholic man. I know that sounds trite but it is not.

Dec 31st 2012 new

Forearms!

I don't know how many times I have to post this. Your future wife needs marked forearm development.

What are you going to do with a noodle armed gal? You're gonna wash the dishes, clean the house, on top of all the other stuff on a normal spouse's honey-do list. Find a woman with the requisite nicks & scars on her hands. A tattoo or two is fine to. But, be very wary of the skinny-armed gal... please.

& have a happy New Year!

Posts 61 - 70 of 118