Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/31/2012 new

(Quote) Cat-163322 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: BINGO! It follows then that the perceived "...
(Quote) Cat-163322 said:
Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

BINGO! It follows then that the perceived "need" for instant initial physical attraction is, to at least some extent, the result of cultural conditioning, not some inherent human trait. Like most other cultural influences, the effect has not been positive. Which is why we need to lead by example and return to an emphasis on core values rather than going along with the crowd.

I totally agree, Jerry. How we go about doing that, I just don't know.
--hide--

Happy Birthday, Cat ................ and Happy New Year! Cheers! party shamrock Cheers! [that's a Bailey's] present party

fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy

12/31/2012 new

I prefer character over beauty and brains. And Happy New Year!!!! wave

12/31/2012 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Beauty or brains?
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Beauty or brains?

Brawn.

j/k I could not resist.
(Have not read.)

All of us cavemen out there agree, brawn is the way to go with us men, ladies, because we cavemen ain't much on beauty or brains.

--hide--

Yeah, baby! laughing smile wink Battling eyelashes

fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy

12/31/2012 new

I don't think you are your physical looks and I don't think you are your brain.

12/31/2012 new

Hm. I have been involved with at least three very intelligent women. Two of them were certifiably genious's. The other likely so.

Two quite attractive, the other OK in the attractiveness department. One with enough money that money would likely never be an issue. One wanted to have children together.......even after we quit seeing and talking to each other. And here I sit.

All three were shy in the heart department. Two had terribly poor parenting. At the time of seeing one of the ladies I was assisting a terminally ill retired MD friend. I confided with him some issues I was experiencing with one lady. Her mother and father were both MD's. The retiree looked at me knowingly saying "she likely never had a chance" and let the conversation drop.

Ya gotta have heart. There is something to be said about balance.

And yes attractiveness can grow on you. The secular world seems to have love and beauty out of whack.

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: I don't think you are your physical looks and I don't think you are your brain.
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

I don't think you are your physical looks and I don't think you are your brain.

--hide--

I agree, Andrea. It is the whole package and mostly for me, the soul and the heart. Intelligence is important but wisdom is more so. Our exterior is just the particular packaging God selected and made for us; I like to think of it as the 'shell' and the real person is deep inside...

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Arturo-535613 said: (Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Arturo, I would choose a beautiful smart heart that...
(Quote) Arturo-535613 said:
Quote:
Eileen-890971 said: Arturo,

I would choose a beautiful smart heart that knows honesty, trust, and the avenue to true love. He wouldn't have to be gorgeous but attractive to my eyes. I find that a loving heart can make that attractive person beautiful.

In the movie The Ward of Oz, the lion chose courage, the tin man chose the heart, and the scare crow chose the brain...Dorothy chose to go back home to Kansas. .The beauty of the film was Oz was beyond reach..
--hide--

No, Oz was behind the curtain silly laughing laughing

01/01/2013 new

I would say beauty, even in an older person, good facial features can be seen

01/01/2013 new

I would have to say they need to be able to hold an intellectual conversation. Do you know how quick looks fade when you date a cute guy and then they start to speak? Ugh. They become ugly in a hurry! It's like, Wow, I don't think this is going to work for me:) So they have to have some brains! Looks do fade with age, but like Mary said, Dumb is Forever wink

01/01/2013 new
I'm a brains kinda girl. A great conversation can make anyone attractive just as easily as a conversation without depth and substance can make one unattractive.
Posts 81 - 90 of 118