Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Meghan-202517 said: I'm a brains kinda girl. A great conversation can make anyone attractive just as easily as a conver...
(Quote) Meghan-202517 said: I'm a brains kinda girl. A great conversation can make anyone attractive just as easily as a conversation without depth and substance can make one unattractive.
--hide--

wave Well said Meghan and so true!

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: I would have to say they need to be able to hold an intellectual conversation. Do you know how qu...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

I would have to say they need to be able to hold an intellectual conversation. Do you know how quick looks fade when you date a cute guy and then they start to speak? Ugh. They become ugly in a hurry! It's like, Wow, I don't think this is going to work for me:) So they have to have some brains! Looks do fade with age, but like Mary said, Dumb is Forever

--hide--
No, not me, I did not say that at all !

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-251045 said: No, not me, I did not say that at all !
(Quote) Mary-251045 said:

No, not me, I did not say that at all !

--hide--

hug I know you didn't, I did. Just in reference to brains or beauty.

01/01/2013 new

I think you meant educated verses uneducated (and I do not mean to "jump on you" but here is another way of looking at it):

Humph... to tell you the truth I have never really met a woman without brains... some that others may consider dizzy but they were always very sweet. Education may make a difference in a relationship but please remember even uneducated people have the potential of much more. Life just turned out such that education was not in God’s plan for them. God loves the educated and uneducated equally.

Mick

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Ed-442168 said: Forearms! I don't know how many times I have to post this. Your future wife needs marked...
(Quote) Ed-442168 said:

Forearms!

I don't know how many times I have to post this. Your future wife needs marked forearm development.

What are you going to do with a noodle armed gal? You're gonna wash the dishes, clean the house, on top of all the other stuff on a normal spouse's honey-do list. Find a woman with the requisite nicks & scars on her hands. A tattoo or two is fine to. But, be very wary of the skinny-armed gal... please.

& have a happy New Year!

--hide--

Too Funny!!

Happy New Year make it a great one!!

01/01/2013 new
(Quote) Lynn-922010 said: Let's be realistic...it has to be both, not one or the other. Beauty means only that which attracts you whic...
(Quote) Lynn-922010 said:

Let's be realistic...it has to be both, not one or the other. Beauty means only that which attracts you which is different from person to person. You cannot have a relationship with someone to whom you feel no physical attraction. I like a great smile and a twinkle in the eye. Nothing kills my interest faster in an online profile than a mug shot with absolutely no emotion. So lighten up people! Smile! Anyone ready to go play in the snow?

--hide--

You're absolutly right Lynn! thumbsup Beauty and brains both matter. Even if one has brains, there is no attraction when physical attraction isn't there. Good looks are the first thing that attracts us to a person. Looks aren't everything but they still matter. If one has good looks but has no intelligence, then the attraction won't last long. For one looks fade but intelligence never does.
01/01/2013 new

I agree.

01/01/2013 new
Aren't brains beautiful?
01/01/2013 new

This is identifying what the Theology of the Body by Pope John Paul II describing... the nurturing nature of the women’s perspective is beautiful and attractive.

01/01/2013 new

[quote]Elizabeth-462557 said:

Beauty is nice. Brains are interesting. But, I choose heart.

- Elizabeth

This is identifying what the Theology of the Body by Pope John Paul II describing... the nurturing nature of the women’s perspective is beautiful and attractive.

Posts 91 - 100 of 118