Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 29th 2012 new
Well since I have a long day at work on Monday and no plans as of yet, I think I'll be staying in on New Years' Eve. I used to love to go into Boston for 1st night celebrations.
Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: No plans as of yet ....
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

No plans as of yet ....

--hide--

.......... but things change ............. just saw a commercial for a program celebrating Marvin Hamlisch on PBS, but it's on Tuesday evening, not Monday evening. But still, it'll be fabulous!

party Cheers! shamrock

fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy

Dec 31st 2012 new

I really hoped to find a special someone to kiss at midnight, too :( last year was the only time I ever have, and my then-bf didn't even want to, so it wasn't exactly romantic or anything :/

Half my friends are working, the other half are going to bars. I just want to go somewhere nice, doll up in one of my many fancy dresses, meet people, get excited; but I will probably go spend it with my father (he's very old and sick) and just watch the ball drop after he goes to bed...

Dec 31st 2012 new

Me too. With my little girl. She is so excited. She told me that we have to have "cupcakes and cheese cubes" and we have to "play Monopoly and watch all the shows on T.V."....so, I am setting aside the fantastic dress and those heels I was looking forward to wearing, because I have a date with a very special little girl and her brother.

Dec 31st 2012 new

I'll be in an airplane, and flying in such a way as to totally miss midnight! By my calculations, we will be flying from the central time zone to the eastern time zone at around 11:30 CST/12:30 EST, so leaving the central time zome before midnight, but arriving in Indiana after midnight (plane lands at 1). No watching the ball for me!

I pretty much planned this on purpose because I haven't really cared about New Year's since 2000 when they televised the celebrations all over the world. I get more excited about the Rose Parade on New Year's Day. Growing up in SoCal, it was a pretty big deal (volunteered to decorate once, saw the floats on display afterwards a couple of times, camped out on the sidewalk with friends one year), so I'd rather just go to bed, get up early for Mass, and then curl up on the couch to watch the parade (good part about being in IN means the parade starts at 11).

Dec 31st 2012 new
me! me! me! I will also be home watching the ball drop....alone...again. oh well, I have faith in God...and he knows what plans he has for me.

God Bless everyone e and happy new year 2013!!!
Dec 31st 2012 new

My parish has adoration so I am going to go ring in the New Year with my best guy Jesus and my two little ones Dominic 10 and Philomena 8. Over the years we have done this every year and I set up sleeping bags in the cry room and they bring books, snacks and games. They then pray with me when they want to and sleep or play when they want to. For me though it is a special time for examination of conscience per my actions last year and prayer for grace for the coming one. While I would love someone to kiss at midnight, this works for me as well. :-) Hopefully next year God will have placed that special guy in our lives.

Dec 31st 2012 new
(Quote) Susan-898689 said: I was really hoping I'd find that special guy to spend New Year's Eve, and finally have someone to kiss...
(Quote) Susan-898689 said:

I was really hoping I'd find that special guy to spend New Year's Eve, and finally have someone to kiss when the clock rings 12:00. But....again I shall be spending New Year's Eve watching the ball drop in PJs. I have total faith in God to guide me down the right path to find that special guy for me. I know the Lord is teaching me what true Love is all about. I hope eventually that I will get to share that Love that Jesus is showing me.

How many of you will be spending home this New Year's Eve watching the ball drop in your PJs?

--hide--
I'll be watching the ball drop with my kids, mom, my brother and his family... So I'll be getting lots and lots of kisses from them. :) happy new year!!!!
Dec 31st 2012 new

I had hoped to spend the evening with someone looking towards a good future but instead we have come to a realization that his past relationship is trying to be perpetual baggage in our current relationship. We will spend the evening together but as a goodbye not a continued relationship. It is with mixed emotions that I say this.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Susan-898689 said: I was really hoping I'd find that special guy to spend New Year's Eve, and finally have s...
(Quote) Susan-898689 said:

I was really hoping I'd find that special guy to spend New Year's Eve, and finally have someone to kiss when the clock rings 12:00. But....again I shall be spending New Year's Eve watching the ball drop in PJs. I have total faith in God to guide me down the right path to find that special guy for me. I know the Lord is teaching me what true Love is all about. I hope eventually that I will get to share that Love that Jesus is showing me.

How many of you will be spending home this New Year's Eve watching the ball drop in your PJs?

--hide--

Who "needs" someone to kiss? Although that might be desirable, it's not a need. Go out and play! Build a snowman (or sand man if you live near the ocean) Toast a glass of dry champagne to the heavens and the stars and moon. Then wait for the miracles to unfold in 2013...

Posts 11 - 20 of 30