Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 25th 2013 new

Looking at your current ideal match setting, I'd say it's fine. I'm very detail-oriented, so much detail isn't overwhelming so long as there's a pretty good distinction made between deal-breakers/must-haves and preferences.

I especially like " I love to have conversations about politics, economics, the meaning of life, the mystery of evil, historical roots of current situations, as well as one's deepest hopes and convictions. It would also be great to find someone who loves to travel! " That section is excellent because it conveys your desires without seeming to be pressuring or demanding. Through this, you come across as the cheerful sanguine seen smiling in your profile picture. Since I joined just a week ago, I don't know what your previous section was like, but this one's good.

For my personal preferences, I'd say it's shorter than I'd find ideal. I'd want to know if a woman prefers the clean-cut, clean-shaven white-collar professional type of guy, or the blue-collar type you can have a beer with.

However, what you have now is absolutely fine. Presumably, if you want a guy who "doesn't sweat the small stuff", then you yourself would give either type of guy a chance to at least message back and forth. I think someone could reasonably extrapolate that even without you saying it.

So, in short, "Intelligent, compassionate, active, affectionate, and SPICY" are all accurately reflected in the ideal match section. Well done!

Could you and other ladies perhaps check mine now? :D

Jan 25th 2013 new
In response to Gary - you say you are introverted, but the length of your "about me" section says otherwise. :) save something for the initial chat or first meeting. Lots of good stuff ... just pare it back maybe. That's only a preference on my part. Maybe when I was younger I wanted to know everything about someone before we met ... very good otherwise.
Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-936836 said: Looking at your current ideal match setting, I'd say it's fine. I'm very detail-orient...
(Quote) Gary-936836 said:

Looking at your current ideal match setting, I'd say it's fine. I'm very detail-oriented, so much detail isn't overwhelming so long as there's a pretty good distinction made between deal-breakers/must-haves and preferences.

I especially like " I love to have conversations about politics, economics, the meaning of life, the mystery of evil, historical roots of current situations, as well as one's deepest hopes and convictions. It would also be great to find someone who loves to travel! " That section is excellent because it conveys your desires without seeming to be pressuring or demanding. Through this, you come across as the cheerful sanguine seen smiling in your profile picture. Since I joined just a week ago, I don't know what your previous section was like, but this one's good.

For my personal preferences, I'd say it's shorter than I'd find ideal. I'd want to know if a woman prefers the clean-cut, clean-shaven white-collar professional type of guy, or the blue-collar type you can have a beer with.

However, what you have now is absolutely fine. Presumably, if you want a guy who "doesn't sweat the small stuff", then you yourself would give either type of guy a chance to at least message back and forth. I think someone could reasonably extrapolate that even without you saying it.

So, in short, "Intelligent, compassionate, active, affectionate, and SPICY" are all accurately reflected in the ideal match section. Well done!

Could you and other ladies perhaps check mine now? :D

--hide--

Wow Gary, thanks so much for such a thoughtful response! I really appreciate your feedback!

I looked at your profile too - one thing perhaps you could change is your opening statement. State something about who you are rather than why you're on here - perhaps bring some of the descriptive info from the 4th paragraph to the first. But overall, good information!

Your ideal match expresses nicely your interests as well as reveals more of your personality. And I LOVE that you've written paragraphs for every topic after - but that's my preference! I like a profile that is newsy and transparent.

Your pictures are also a nice variety of pics of you doing things, which I hear is the way to go! The only suggestion I have in this area is to add a picture of you all dressed up - I always appreciate a picture like that. Hope that is helpful. God bless!

Jan 25th 2013 new

Brief.

Of the four relationships (spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical), to do this right, it must begin w/ the spiritual connection. If a relationship is not built on that, God-centered, it's going nowhere long-term.

People wanting to attract an excellent Potential better define themselves as serious about their Faith.

Jan 25th 2013 new

Kristen, I'd say your profile gives pretty much all the information I want to get from reading it. It's not itsy bitsy-detailed but not told in three sentences either. A nice in between written in good English. thumbsup

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Kristen, I'd say your profile gives pretty much all the information I want to get from readin...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Kristen, I'd say your profile gives pretty much all the information I want to get from reading it. It's not itsy bitsy-detailed but not told in three sentences either. A nice in between written in good English.

--hide--

Thanks Peter! Yes, proper treatment of the English language is a big deal to me. smile

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I have spent a lot of time tweaking my profile during my time at CM, trying to prepare somethin...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I have spent a lot of time tweaking my profile during my time at CM, trying to prepare something that accurately projects who I am. I like informative profiles because I want to know that I have something in common with the person. I am satisfied that my introduction provides a window into who I am. My question is regarding the "My Ideal Match" section. Mine is rather long and I wonder if all the detail is overwhelming to men who read it and perhaps they think that no one could possibly possess all the qualities listed. I am not so idealistic as to believe someone would possess every quality listed, but also want to provide some real content for a man to base his decision as to whether we are compatible.

Please share your thoughts on what works with profiles! What do you prefer: brevity or detail? Does a wordy "ideal match" section repel or attract? What are you looking for when you read a profile? What are some red flags that cause you to move on? What's information do you look for on a profile?

--hide--
I revised mine based on the constructive feedback of a very nice lady friend I've met here. To say that men and women don't think alike is an understatement and I would say it was quite enlightening to get feedback from a member of the opposite sex.

I've perused thru your profile and I would say it's a lovely written profile. Fingers crossed, I hope it gets you closer to your man.

Jan 26th 2013 new

Kristen, I am no expert, but your intro and ideal match look good to me. You mention some specifics without turning off a large number of people.

I would be interested in feedback about my profile as well.

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I have spent a lot of time tweaking my profile during my time at CM, trying to prepare somethin...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I have spent a lot of time tweaking my profile during my time at CM, trying to prepare something that accurately projects who I am. I like informative profiles because I want to know that I have something in common with the person. I am satisfied that my introduction provides a window into who I am. My question is regarding the "My Ideal Match" section. Mine is rather long and I wonder if all the detail is overwhelming to men who read it and perhaps they think that no one could possibly possess all the qualities listed. I am not so idealistic as to believe someone would possess every quality listed, but also want to provide some real content for a man to base his decision as to whether we are compatible.

Please share your thoughts on what works with profiles! What do you prefer: brevity or detail? Does a wordy "ideal match" section repel or attract? What are you looking for when you read a profile? What are some red flags that cause you to move on? What's information do you look for on a profile?

--hide--

Jan 27th 2013 new

Kristen,

I agree! both your intro and your seeking section are great!

Jan 27th 2013 new

Thank you to all of you! I guess that means I just need to be patient! smile

Posts 11 - 20 of 21