Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 29th 2012 new

I don't know if you are talking about here on CM or in real life.

Here on CM, if she is corresponding, asking questions, answering your questions, is cheerful and nice to you, she is interested.

If you mean in real life, first, be sure she is not married or otherwise attached. Make sure there is parity and commonality between you (age, looks, background, lifestyle). If you have something in common along those lines, then I say just ask her out. That is the surest fastest way to find out.

If you ask her out for something specific and she says she is busy, she might really be busy.

If you ask her "would you like to go out with me sometime" and she says "yes" then immediately follow up with, "how about next (whenever)".

So there you have it...no time wasted, everyone knows where they stand!

All the best to you as you seek your vocation! Praying

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The reason your post appeared to be missing was because you placed the text before the
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

The reason your post appeared to be missing was because you placed the text before the [ /quote ] tag at the end of the quoted block. This can be easy to do when there are extra blank lines at the end of the quoted material and the tag is below the bottom of the visible window.

This happens fairly frequently, so don't feel badly about it. My suggestion to everyone is that when you use Reply & Quote to be sure to use the scroll bar to move to the bottom of the window and insert your text after the closing tag.

--hide--

Thanks, Jerry! Chelle cool

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: If she keeps responding to you in a friendly manner and you are getting positive vibes when you t...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

If she keeps responding to you in a friendly manner and you are getting positive vibes when you try to move the relationship forward such as to phone call, or to a meeting, then she's interested..

PHONE... This is something really important for you guys to understand.. I have seen tons of posts from women about the phone call issue.. You guys offer your phone numbers quite often on here.. The thing is, this site is full of traditional women who seem to get insulted if a man's phone number is offered first..These woman want YOU to ask for their phone number and YOU to make the call..

--hide--

Another "Venus and Mars" moment brought to you by CM!

Funny, I haven't noticed that point discussed, Donna (nice new pic by the way), but it must be a topic for the pinkies' palace. Here's the thing: I've offered my last name and phone number first at times, not because I'm expecting her to necessarily pick up that phone and call me the minute she gets it, but rather to establish some trust in that I'm willing to give out that my personal contact information... "here I am, I'm safe, I trust you, I have nothing to hide, go ahead and enter this information into the search engine of your choice and google away, and when you're comfortable let me know and we can talk".

I have had some reciprocate with contact information, others call me from a blocked number, and still others reply back but with no indication of wanting to talk, which I've taken as meaning not interested in talking (yet) so I'm not going to push. Insulted??? C'mon ladies, joining an online dating site isn't a traditional way of meeting men. You're not in a malt shop with your girlfriends sitting in a booth waiting for a boy to walk by so you can drop your napkin. It's ok to send an emote (and please put some words in there, so we know you aren't a non-subscriber)... and don't be insulted, but take it as a compliment if the guy is trusting you enough to share some very personal information with somebody he has never met.

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Another "Venus and Mars" moment brought to you by CM!
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

--hide--
Michael, thank you for that reality check. It makes total sense.

Dec 30th 2012 new
(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Another "Venus and Mars" moment brought to you by CM! Funny, I haven...

Funny, I haven't noticed that point discussed, Donna (nice new pic by the way), but it must be a topic for the pinkies' palace. Here's the thing: I've offered my last name and phone number first at times, not because I'm expecting her to necessarily pick up that phone and call me the minute she gets it, but rather to establish some trust in that I'm willing to give out that my personal contact information... "here I am, I'm safe, I trust you, I have nothing to hide, go ahead and enter this information into the search engine of your choice and google away, and when you're comfortable let me know and we can talk".

I have had some reciprocate with contact information, others call me from a blocked number, and still others reply back but with no indication of wanting to talk, which I've taken as meaning not interested in talking (yet) so I'm not going to push. Insulted??? C'mon ladies, joining an online dating site isn't a traditional way of meeting men. You're not in a malt shop with your girlfriends sitting in a booth waiting for a boy to walk by so you can drop your napkin. It's ok to send an emote (and please put some words in there, so we know you aren't a non-subscriber)... and don't be insulted, but take it as a compliment if the guy is trusting you enough to share some very personal information with somebody he has never met.

--hide--

Heh... that's the problem... there just aren't any malt shops around anymore! Coffee Maybe we should try it in a coffee shop?? :)
Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 saidPHONE... This is something really important for you guys to understand.. I have seen tons of posts from...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said
PHONE... This is something really important for you guys to understand.. I have seen tons of posts from women about the phone call issue.. You guys offer your phone numbers quite often on here.. The thing is, this site is full of traditional women who seem to get insulted if a man's phone number is offered first..These woman want YOU to ask for their phone number and YOU to make the call..

--hide--

Thanks for that. If I offer my phone number first, it's because I feel like I should put my personal contact info out there first, to make sure she feels comfortable. Misplaced chivalry I guess. Good to know.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Tony-796158 said: I am always barking up the wrong tree. When I am interested in a woman but I have no clue if she a...
(Quote) Tony-796158 said:

I am always barking up the wrong tree. When I am interested in a woman but I have no clue if she are interested in me. Do women send clues or signals to men they are interested in?

--hide--
The mere thought that any man could understand what a woman is thinking is so absurd that they once made a movie about it:

en.wikipedia.org

I don't think I know much more than I did 50 years ago when I was 18. You can tell a lot by body language (her arms are crossed and she doesn't make eye contact) that sort of thing. Look for activities that may appeal to her- the theater, comedy club, craft show, wine festival. If she keeps coming up with excuses, just move on. We guys will never understand what they're thinking unless they are the rare woman who speaks her mind about such things (I have such a lady friend), so it's best not to dwell on it.

Enjoy the mystery!

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Another "Venus and Mars" moment brought to you by CM! Funny, I haven&#...

--hide--
Michael, your "Venus and Mars" mention reminded me of a quote by the late comedian George Carlin: "Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it."

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jesse-536824 said: (Quote) Donna-83441 saidPHONE... This is something really important for you g...
(Quote) Jesse-536824 said:

Quote:
Donna-83441 said

Thanks for that. If I offer my phone number first, it's because I feel like I should put my personal contact info out there first, to make sure she feels comfortable. Misplaced chivalry I guess. Good to know.

--hide--

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: (Quote) Jesse-536824 said: (Quote) Donna-83441 saidPH...

Quote:
Jesse-536824 said:

Quote:
Donna-83441 said

--hide--

Must be a Duluth thing, lol. Welcome to the forums, Jesse!

Posts 11 - 20 of 20