Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Gary-918050 said: Hello Elizabeth, I will say a prayer for you and David on New Year's Day. Jan 01 ...
(Quote) Gary-918050 said:

Hello Elizabeth, I will say a prayer for you and David on New Year's Day. Jan 01 is also a special day for our family. Christian and I were married on Jan 01 - it was the spectacular New Year's ball that she always dreamed of for her wedding day, and I was honored to share this with her. This would mark our 18th anniversary. Our New Year's Eve tradition, before children, was a special few days away at a B&B. Once the children came along - truly a blessing - the celebration became an afternoon of feasting on wonderful foods prepared together, and then a romantic dinner that I would prepare as a special thank you. Then on came the dessers, some wine, and I would usually fall alseep by 11PM

Anyway, the boys and I continue the tradition of a New Year's Eve party with many foods and sparkling grape juice, and I'm still asleep by 11PM.

Wishing you and your family Peace in 2013.

--hide--

Thank you, Gary. I am so glad you have your children to share New Year's Eve and Day with. I will keep you all in my prayers. David loved New Year's Eve and always wanted to stay at whatever party we were attending, at the very least, to watch the ball come down at midnight. He was the life of the party. I am a bit boring and more a morning person... so these days I usually can make it to 9:00 or 10:00 p.m.

Wishing you and your family all the blessings and peace God has to offer.

In Christ,

Elizabeth

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Thank you, Gary. I am so glad you have your children to share New Year's Eve...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Thank you, Gary. I am so glad you have your children to share New Year's Eve and Day with. I will keep you all in my prayers. David loved New Year's Eve and always wanted to stay at whatever party we were attending, at the very least, to watch the ball come down at midnight. He was the life of the party. I am a bit boring and more a morning person... so these days I usually can make it to 9:00 or 10:00 p.m.

Wishing you and your family all the blessings and peace God has to offer.

In Christ,

Elizabeth

--hide--

Thank you for your kind words, Elizabeth. Peace to you and your family through out the coming year!

Jan 22nd 2013 new
Hi Elizabeth ? Could you tell me a little more about the East Tennessee meet and greet.
Jan 25th 2013 new
I am truly sorry for your loss. I also wondered why I was being matched up with men in

Another state. This site has been around for a few years - the glitch shoulh have been fixed a long time ago. As far as our divorced friends are concerned, I honestly believe they have right to their grief/anger. AND MY HEARTgoes out to them. They are still looking for Mr/Mrs Right. We were lucky to have good,faithful and loving spouses. If I never meet up with ANOTHER Mr. Right, I will leave this earthcontent knowing I had many wo derful years with a very great guy. I also have a hard time with some divorced people who claim their suffering is greater than ours. They are suffering - true, but they have never watched a loving spouse die.Its just different for both sides.

Let the divorced come maybe we can help them with our wonderful married years
Jan 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Theresa-637436 said: This is exactly why I think this forum should be for widows/widowers only. I mean why even title it that way...
(Quote) Theresa-637436 said:

This is exactly why I think this forum should be for widows/widowers only. I mean why even title it that way? There are HUGE differences between divorce and death. I am in no way saying that one is easier-but we are talking about two totally different things here. My boys lost their Father when they were 5. They will never see him again. I do not get child support for my boys-I get social security survivors benefits. My boys cannot call their Dad and tell him about their soccer, baseball, basketball game-ever. I never get a break from my kids unless they go to a friends house or I get a sitter. I am not mad at an ex spouse-I am totally grief stricken. Losing a partner to death and losing a partner to divorce are two very difficult things but extremely different.

There is so little support for the younger widowed folks. You should see it. I meet someone and the conversation is going really well until they ask when I got divorced. You could honestly hear a pin drop from across the room it gets so quiet. I need to talk to people that get it in this specific way.

I do not even want to post in the divorced section-why would I? If someone wanted to meet me then they could just contact me directly.

Honestly, I would like to be able to candidly share my experiences here and learn from those that have travelled the same path. There is nothing more insulting to someone than to say "I get it because I got divorced etc." In the same regard, I would not think of posting in the divorced section saying I get what they are going through-all I could really say is that I am sorry.

Just my two cents

--hide--

I can not imagine the loss of a spouse.... I am guilty of posting in this room from time to time....

When you lose a spouse you are recognized as a widow or widower... But when you lose a child there is not a term for that. I lost my son Andrew at the age of 22 in May 2011. For me being able to post in the forums has both been a comfort and helped me release feelings. I apologize if by posting in this room I have made anyone upset. I think it is difficult to understand loss... I loved my son dearly, he still lived at home while attending college. I spoke with him every day, and saw him almost everyday of his life....I find myself wanting to call him ....

Yesterday I had to take a detour.. The detour went past the park we used to live close to so long ago... I thought I was over the shock that makes it difficult to concentrate but yesterday I drove past my current house because I was so deep in thought.....

You have my deepest sympathies and prayers as do all the widows and widowers....
Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-918050 said: Thank you for your kind words, Elizabeth. Peace to you and your family through o...
(Quote) Gary-918050 said:

Thank you for your kind words, Elizabeth. Peace to you and your family through out the coming year!

--hide--

You are welcome and thank you, Gary. I apologize for my lack of manners. I just saw your response.

- Elizabeth

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Sandra-924681 said: Hi Elizabeth ? Could you tell me a little more about the East Tennessee meet and greet.
(Quote) Sandra-924681 said: Hi Elizabeth ? Could you tell me a little more about the East Tennessee meet and greet.
--hide--

The last I heard, Sandra, it was going to be in the Spring. Celia was planning it after her move to Knoxville. I'll sure it will be on CM somewhere before it happens. I'm looking forward to meeing you there.

- Elizabeth

Jan 25th 2013 new

--hide--

The last I heard, Sandra, it was going to be in the Spring. Celia was planning it after her move to Knoxville. I'll sure it will be on CM somewhere before it happens. I'm looking forward to meeing you there.

- Elizabeth

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I can not imagine the loss of a spouse.... I am guilty of posting in this room from time to time...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I can not imagine the loss of a spouse.... I am guilty of posting in this room from time to time....

When you lose a spouse you are recognized as a widow or widower... But when you lose a child there is not a term for that. I lost my son Andrew at the age of 22 in May 2011. For me being able to post in the forums has both been a comfort and helped me release feelings. I apologize if by posting in this room I have made anyone upset. I think it is difficult to understand loss... I loved my son dearly, he still lived at home while attending college. I spoke with him every day, and saw him almost everyday of his life....I find myself wanting to call him ....

Yesterday I had to take a detour.. The detour went past the park we used to live close to so long ago... I thought I was over the shock that makes it difficult to concentrate but yesterday I drove past my current house because I was so deep in thought.....

You have my deepest sympathies and prayers as do all the widows and widowers....
--hide--

I'm so sorry for your loss, Brenda, but I am pleased you are finding ways to heal. I am a great believer in "seek and ye shall find."

- Elizabeth hug

Jan 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: I'm so sorry for your loss, Brenda, but I am pleased you are finding ways to heal. I a...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

I'm so sorry for your loss, Brenda, but I am pleased you are finding ways to heal. I am a great believer in "seek and ye shall find."

- Elizabeth

--hide--

hug Thanks Elizabeth...I was just reading the tone of some of the posts & not so sure I should have been posting in this room....God Bless Brenda hug angel
Posts 31 - 40 of 60