Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 1st 2013 new

Just my thoughts.

Women are allowed to wear what they feel most comfortable with. If the dress shows too much skin for one's taste, then that person better not be looking.

Women can have a drink and have fun just like how men can.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The implication being there is something wrong with the way the Amish dress? What would that be, ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

The implication being there is something wrong with the way the Amish dress? What would that be, in your opinion?

--hide--

I highly respect the Amish and their culture; however, it's different from ours. I see nothing wrong with their dress; I just stated that we are not Amish, meaning we don't share their style of clothing or lifestyle. Just a harmless comment.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Jenna-926175 said: I don't think strapless dresses are neccessarily immodest. I'm a bridesmaid for my friend...
(Quote) Jenna-926175 said:

I don't think strapless dresses are neccessarily immodest. I'm a bridesmaid for my friend's(a Catholic btw) wedding and we have a one shoulder dress which just hits the knee. The wedding will be in July and I think the dress looks modest. My friend's wedding dress is strapless but it is not revealing. I think strapless looks can be very classy. It's all in how you wear the outfit. A tee shirt and jeans look can be very promiscous if done in a certain way.

--hide--

This is the classic Catholic wedding gown debate... lol

Jan 1st 2013 new

Brian, I totally get what your saying, but the way you come across is absolutely negative and controlling as a guy. Dont you want to catch a sweet girl on here? You keep bashing what you dont want. Is there anything good you can say at all about life?

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Jenna, I went to a wedding once, a Catholic wedding, where all the bridesmaids were wearing stra...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Jenna, I went to a wedding once, a Catholic wedding, where all the bridesmaids were wearing strapless dresses that were quite tasteful and pretty. However, when they sat down, no cloth came above the pew so the front row was full of the shoulders of naked women. It looked like they were all naked...and since the entire congregation is sitting behind them, thats what the 300 people at the wedding saw.

That said, I hate modesty discussions...not becuase modesty in dress is not a virtue very close to my heart, for it is in actually one that I try to practice daily...but because I am never able to communicate effectively to another the reason for my thoughts on the subject. It seems to be one of those issues where most of us think we have it right, and we don't want anyone else's opinion (myself included...I'm not picking on Jenna here)

--hide--

Yep, they have TONS of those kinds of pictures online. What a disaster.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Ah yes...they are, afterall, the most beautiful ceremony in the galaxy!

Ah yes...they are, afterall, the most beautiful ceremony in the galaxy!

--hide--

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a match! lovestruck! lovestruck! lovestruck!

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Not sure if that's what she was implying, but there is something wrong with...

Not sure if that's what she was implying, but there is something wrong with the way they dress. Modesty is a virtue, to be sure, undervalued and underpracticed by many who hold our Faith. However, I do not believe in sacrificing beauty for modesty. I think they can live in harmony with no room for frumpishness. If one's body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and is also made in the image and likeness of God, then hadn't we dress it in a respectful and reverent way? Not to hide it from all, but to dress in a way that brings glory to God and is attractive and tasteful? I see myself as the crown of God's creation, and I strive to get that across in my daily dress and carraige.

I think we've got an obligation to dress well.

--hide--

I'll just say it's not my style, but I respect their beliefs and way of life. biggrin

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Jenna, I went to a wedding once, a Catholic wedding, where all the bridesmaids were wear...

Jenna, I went to a wedding once, a Catholic wedding, where all the bridesmaids were wearing strapless dresses that were quite tasteful and pretty. However, when they sat down, no cloth came above the pew so the front row was full of the shoulders of naked women. It looked like they were all naked...and since the entire congregation is sitting behind them, thats what the 300 people at the wedding saw.

That said, I hate modesty discussions...not becuase modesty in dress is not a virtue very close to my heart, for it is in actually one that I try to practice daily...but because I am never able to communicate effectively to another the reason for my thoughts on the subject. It seems to be one of those issues where most of us think we have it right, and we don't want anyone else's opinion (myself included...I'm not picking on Jenna here)

--hide--

And here's some proof: (Warning - guys!)

bridesupnorth.com

Jan 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: And here's some proof: (Warning - guys!) http://bridesupnorth...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

And here's some proof: (Warning - guys!)

bridesupnorth.com

--hide--
Exactly.... The other issuers most brides and bridesmaids spend the entire wedding yanking up their gown. The bride is standing in front of everyone pulling up her dress every minute... Not very classy...
Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Exactly.... The other issuers most brides and bridesmaids spend the entire wedding yanking up their gown...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Exactly.... The other issuers most brides and bridesmaids spend the entire wedding yanking up their gown. The bride is standing in front of everyone pulling up her dress every minute... Not very classy...
--hide--

This was at the bottom of that same page -

bridesupnorth.com

Though she did look nice, let's face it - if she wasn't small on top, it would've been cleavage-baring and revealing. I'm not saying she would've worn it, had that been the case. But I'm just saying a woman who is a little more or a lot more (lol) "plentiful" in that department would've been insulted (in the sense of purity) for wearing this dress.

Posts 101 - 110 of 196