Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Ah yes...they are, afterall, the most beautiful ceremony in the galaxy!
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Ah yes...they are, afterall, the most beautiful ceremony in the galaxy!

--hide--

Yes indeed Naomi...lol...I knew someone would get the reference! biggrin vulcan

Jan 1st 2013 new

I'm sorry if I came across as saying you were wrong. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I try to dress modestly myself. I guess if I sound defensive it's because I don't want someone who wears certain clothes to be offended or feel like they are a terrible person. My school growing up was really strict on how much skin you could expose, which wasn't a bad thing, it was just done in a way that was a little harsh for kid's self esteem.

Jan 1st 2013 new
I didn't read all 11 pages of the thread, so I apologize if this has been stated on the 7 pages I didn't read. I hardly any pictures of women dressed immodestly or with alcohol at bars. I think the key to that is all of my searches have the requirement that the women accept all of the churches teachings, especially premarital sex and I think more importantly contraception. As it has been stated there are many good reasons to go out to bars, but it's not the central meeting place of my life. If you're looking for a quality woman, or quality man for you ladies, who dresses well and modestly, look for a devout Catholic. I honestly can't think of a good reason you'd be on a Catholic dating site, if it wasn't one of the most important things in your life.
Jan 1st 2013 new

A picture is worth a thousand words. My pics tell you that I never take pics of myself...so I am left with pretty random stuff. It tells you tons about the person, so if you don't like what you see, chances are you may not actually like them! Or maybe their friends (the partying type) are the only one's who take pictures!!!

Jan 1st 2013 new

tushay

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I'll just say it's not my style, but I respect their beliefs and way of life.
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

I'll just say it's not my style, but I respect their beliefs and way of life.

--hide--

If there is an objective standard of modesty in dress (whatever it may be), does it matter what your style, or mine, or anyone else's are if they don't meet that standard?

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: If there is an objective standard of modesty in dress (whatever it may be), does it matte...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

If there is an objective standard of modesty in dress (whatever it may be), does it matter what your style, or mine, or anyone else's are if they don't meet that standard?

--hide--

Jerry, you're making me work hard for my money.... Oh wait, I don't get paid. lol

I like my style. I don't conform to society's style. That would be WAY easier, but I don't. And, like I said, I don't like the style of the Amish, but I respect them obviously. biggrin

I know I'm modest, but people may not like my style... and that's okay. I'm content with myself, and my mama says I'm cute. wink

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Daniel-726519 said: I didn't read all 11 pages of the thread, so I apologize if this has been stated on the 7 pages I d...
(Quote) Daniel-726519 said: I didn't read all 11 pages of the thread, so I apologize if this has been stated on the 7 pages I didn't read. I hardly any pictures of women dressed immodestly or with alcohol at bars. I think the key to that is all of my searches have the requirement that the women accept all of the churches teachings, especially premarital sex and I think more importantly contraception. As it has been stated there are many good reasons to go out to bars, but it's not the central meeting place of my life. If you're looking for a quality woman, or quality man for you ladies, who dresses well and modestly, look for a devout Catholic. I honestly can't think of a good reason you'd be on a Catholic dating site, if it wasn't one of the most important things in your life.
--hide--

Daniel, I'm not sure why in the world you wouldn't want to read ALL ELEVEN PAGES of this. I mean, really? laughing

wink

Jan 2nd 2013 new

I dont see the clothing in the photos immodest, but just the fashion. Read the profile and the temperament and the likes and dislikes. In my experience how one looks seldom reflects their inner being. I would say that God made Men and Women different with different anatomy and therefore biological attractors, so just go with the flow, and be generous in your judgement. I think the use of the word "commodity" is more of a telling word. Just being Jungian in a professional way.

As for the alcohol or social situations It is a fact of life that alcohol is a common social lubricant, also many women take a lot of care to look their best, unlike many males, in social situations and so it stands to reason many will see their best photos as those which are taken in social situations. Again I say read the profile before making an assessment and remember

Viva le difference!

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Jerry, you're making me work hard for my money.... Oh wait, I don't get paid. lol I...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Jerry, you're making me work hard for my money.... Oh wait, I don't get paid. lol

I like my style. I don't conform to society's style. That would be WAY easier, but I don't. And, like I said, I don't like the style of the Amish, but I respect them obviously.

I know I'm modest, but people may not like my style... and that's okay. I'm content with myself, and my mama says I'm cute.

--hide--

Fair enough... but that wasn't the question!

To avoid any misunderstanding, I've only seen your profile photo, so I have never seen your style of dress and I'm not questioning it. What I am questioning is the implication that our own sense of style or modesty is the primary reference point, as your statements suggest? Or whether there is some objective frame of reference which our personal standards should be evaluated against?

Specifically, if the Blessed Virgin tells us, "Certain fashions will be introduced which will offend Our Divine Lord very much. Those who serve God ought not to follow these fashions. The Church has no fashions. Our Lord is always the same. " should this not bear some weight in what is accepted as modest fashion?

Posts 111 - 120 of 196