Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Okay, for the people who have been messaging me to support me and make sure I'm okay... I appr...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Okay, for the people who have been messaging me to support me and make sure I'm okay... I appreciate it, really! lol But Jerry and I are picking on each other, and it's fine... really! I know I can "rock the modest-cute style," and it's all good.

Now, for Jerry's other remarks, y'all can deal with those!

--hide--

I dunno. You're showing an awful lot of neck in that profile pic of yours. Tsk tsk tsk.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: Jerry as moderator you may wish to moderate the above quote. It's offensive to Tar...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

Jerry as moderator you may wish to moderate the above quote. It's offensive to Tara and has implications which strike me as not in the spirit of the thread.

I know we disagree on a lot and so you may, again, want to bar me from the site because I have pulled you up on a comment. Ce La Vie

As to Mary Quant and Coco Channel I NEVER said or implied you compared them. But now you have raised the subject, you did. Be replying with a quote directly opposing mine you DID compare them.

What I was trying to say was Coco Channel was implying that to reveal to the imagination is far more intriquing than wearing a hankerchief as a dress. Its the biological wiring God installed when He gave us live, so male and female would go forth and multiple. The power of the imagination. I also refer you to Masters and Johnson (1972) and their study of human sexuality.

Which actually supports modesty over flashy revealling of too much flesh.

--hide--

Aw, thanks for taking up for me. I appreciate that. But it's okay. :) I joke about not wanting older guys to message me because they're creepy. It obviously works because older guys don't message me except to say my mama raised me right! biggrin

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: I dunno. You're showing an awful lot of neck in that profile pic of yours. Tsk t...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I dunno. You're showing an awful lot of neck in that profile pic of yours. Tsk tsk tsk.

--hide--

Come to think of it, so are you, David! mischievous laughing

theheart

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: At one time, our Diocesan office said no bare shoulders. Period. The bridesmaids could...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

At one time, our Diocesan office said no bare shoulders. Period. The bridesmaids could wear fabric, jackets, or transparent fabric over them, and if the bride's dress was adequately free of cleavage AND she wore a veil draping over her shoulders, it met the requirement. These rules were never really lifted, but discarded, because of the fact that strapless exploded and brides couldn't find many selections that weren't strapless. Too bad for the Church.

I don't consider pants, immodest, though. Even a below the knee skirt can shift or become immodest unintentionally with standing and kneeling or shifting positions.

Why not wear off the shoulder (i.e. Jackie Kennedy) if you want to show neck and arms, but still have a bridal gown without cleavage?

--hide--

Yeah, pants... come on.... biggrin Now, I only buy my pants from Gap. If they ever go out of business, I can't wear pants anymore. eyepopping

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: I dunno. You're showing an awful lot of neck in that profile pic of yours. Tsk t...

--hide--

laughing I'm sexy and I know it.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Come to think of it, so are you, David!
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Come to think of it, so are you, David!

--hide--

Okay, that's gross.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: (Quote) David-364112 said: I dunno. You're showing an aw...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Quote:
David-364112 said:

Come to think of it, so are you, David!

--hide--

Yup. I have more chins than a Chinese phonebook.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: Ya know, this whole modest thread seems so cliché. Thank you Jerry for keeping us on the s...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

Ya know, this whole modest thread seems so cliché. Thank you Jerry for keeping us on the straight and narrow but I think Tara got your point the first time. Poor Tara, did ya get that aspirin? I would probably prefer a martini after this one even though I can’t stand them.

First of all anyone who meets up at their local watering hole are NOT looking for a man or are Raging alcoholics. That is so biased. It is to socialize with friends and the locals. If a man looks at me at the local watering hole and thinks I’m there to get picked up or makes in appropriate passes, boy are they in for a surprise and Oh Boy, I have no problem showing it! I dress like the church lady so it doesn't matter what you wear, some men are still PIGS!

And no we don’t have I’m Catholic written on our foreheads, but by our demeanor and how we carry ourselves and by admitting it, they sure know it always by the end of our conversation! But how you carry yourself in public, and on Facebook, is probably more likely the Real You!

Yes, I have seen sleaze bags at the bar and yes they probably have been around the block a few too many times, but that doesn't mean
every woman is there for a pickup. We just need to pray for them.

Believe it or not, I’m in sales, and made a lot of business deals through my local charity ;) And when I’m with a group of woman, trust me, we are there to talk about our horrible experiences on dating websites and sleazy men which unfortunately there are way too many, ugh. At least not on here As Much.

But it totally discourages me when men send provocative pictures and think that’s what a woman wants to see or that's all they want:(
Plzzzz. It is degrading and humuliating and you wonder what the heck is wrong with them!

And, yes, the bathroom photos with the wife beater shirts, cmon or no shirts with them trying to flex, LOL, is disgusting and they don't even have abs like Ryan Reynolds:( and more like a beer belly!!!

The monster trucks, boats and RV’s, etc., and Harley bikes. Yup, that’s what us women want to see, geeze…

Amish people have their own style and religion and God loves them, but Thank you God for giving me a choice in fashion, whew. I would get so bored wearing the same thing everyone else does. But God also gave us fashion and trusts in each and everyone of us to be modest and to not dress
like lady gaga, Britney spears, or whomever are poor examples. I want my teenagers to dress modest and I lead a good example and they do so it is good to hear comments from young ones on here. OK, I am guilty on a hot summer's day of wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts and yes, a bathing suit when I swim:( But I don't find this immodest, only if I go to church with shorts in front of the sacristy, than I would feel under dressed for the Lord in his house!

Just remember, first impressions aren't everything and get to know someone on the inside makes all the difference in the world. I wouldn't say holding a beer in your hand means you’re a raging alcoholic on your social websites.

If someone dresses sleazy and we all have seen the “Sleazy Look” and know it, that will tell you to run because yes they have problems…

Sorry so long…Rambling too much here! I know. I like short and sweet myself:(

--hide--

laughing Oh, I was just joking... Maybe delirium has set in from being sick, but I'm actually laughing... I mean, I'm seriously laughing out loud. No, I'm not on painkillers this time. lol Just 3 antibiotics.

Everytime I read a post, I crack up. That might not be the intended effect, but that's the result. wink

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I'm sexy and I know it.
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

I'm sexy and I know it.

--hide--

time for me to head off for a cold shower. anything to tamp down the fire of temptation that you ignited.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: time for me to head off for a cold shower. anything to tamp down the fire of temptat...

time for me to head off for a cold shower. anything to tamp down the fire of temptation that you ignited.

--hide--

I know you're kidding.... otherwise I'd call you a gross creepy old man! laughing laughing laughing

Man, my Southern charm is lacking!!!!

Posts 161 - 170 of 196